• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 8

AnonymousBlank said:
only antifeat is losing to Ultear but everyone knows that is PIS.
It's not pis, you know why? Because at that time zeref care about life and didn't able to use his magic at all.(hades ask the same question that how his subordinate(ultear) was able to defeat him easily, and zeref explain it) so it's not a antifeat, nor a pis

Can't you put your own Phoenix with twice the power? She'd get so much more power if it wasn't for Erza by shooting the arrow at her.

Zeref is stated to only possibly beat Acnologia with Fairy Heart, but since they never clarify which version (I think), it's a possibility that it might be referring to Human Acnologia, and it's only a possibility that he could win, not concrete, so it's possible to scale Human Acno slightly below FH Zeref, who is 12.4 Exatons.

ShadowGun45 said:
Can't you put your own Phoenix with twice the power? She'd get so much more power if it wasn't for Erza by shooting the arrow at her.
It already release the attack strong enough to destroy world.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
High 6-A (6.2 Exatons): Base Zeref, DF and Igneel's Flame Natsu, Phoenix, Human Acnologia

High 6-A (12.4 Exatons): Fairy Heart Zeref, Savage Dragon Fire Natsu, Dragon Acnologia, Dragon Gods, Ignia's Fire Natsu, Igneel

At least High 6-A (At least 12.4 Exatons): Human Acnologia (SBT), Seven Flames Natsu

High 6-A+ (24.8 Exatons): Dragon Acnologia (SBT)
I agree with this, not your second recommendation

Zeref's explanation doesn't explain anything. Not controlling his magic somehow just drops his dura from High 6-A to 7-C? Yeah, that situation was PIS no matter how you look at it.

Yes, the Phoenix has already sent a power strong enough to Destroy the world, but she could use much more power if Erza hadn't stopped her.

@DemonGodMitchAubin

Got it boss, don't worry though, the second one was only meant as a thought experiment of sorts so it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

AnonymousBlank said:
Zeref's explanation doesn't explain anything. Not controlling his magic somehow just drops his dura from High 6-A to 7-C? Yeah, that situation was PIS no matter how you look at it.
I mean not really, not being able to control magic and it drastically affecting stats was also shown by Mercphobia.

No change in someone's magic has ever shown to lower physical stats with every situation from being full to empty on magic still has people maintaining their physical stats. On the other hand, Merc was transformed which we know affects stats, Charle literally amps herself by transforming from a cat into a human both physically and magically. The only thing his lack of control over his magic did was screw with the ocean. Compare this to Zeref who is not transformed, full on magic and his lack of control is specifically in regards to controlling the Curse of Contradictions death hax, not his magic in general. There is nothing that says his dura was lower and nothing that supports Ultear beating him as anything other than PIS.

Natsu with his magic was able to take a bullet to the mouth with barely any issues. Without his magic he was afraid he would die from being shot. Hades with the heart continuosly supplying him magic tanked everything thrown at him. When his heart was destroyed his durabilty no longer held up and he was taken down shortly after. Magic power does enhance physical stats and we've seen cases where mages who can't use their magic at all are like normal humans (edolas, eclipse arc). Zeref being unable to use his magic properly puts him in a similar situation

When was he afraid of dying from being shot?

Hades is being amped by the Heart and is in a very different situation from being without magic. He lost his amp and thus reverts to his normal stats not he has all that magic naturally and its loss causes a huge drop in physical ability.

AnonymousBlank said:
No change in someone's magic has ever shown to lower physical stats with every situation from being full to empty on magic still has people maintaining their physical stats. On the other hand, Merc was transformed which we know affects stats, Charle literally amps herself by transforming from a cat into a human both physically and magically. The only thing his lack of control over his magic did was screw with the ocean. Compare this to Zeref who is not transformed, full on magic and his lack of control is specifically in regards to controlling the Curse of Contradictions death hax, not his magic in general. There is nothing that says his dura was lower and nothing that supports Ultear beating him as anything other than PIS.
Zeref states it himself that during the fight with Ultear he was using his max power output at the time.
Zeref 1
Zeref 2

Even more PIS than I thought then as if its at full power, you don't even have the excuse that he lacked control of it or lowered stats as a result.

In the tower of heaven arc natsu was fighting wally and milliana sealed of his magic with her whip.Natsu said it would be bad to get shot while his magic wasn't working.

And Hades was using the magic power he received to amp his durability. Without that magic power his durability lowered and attacks that were doing nothing to him b4 were now able to take him down. His magic power was directly linked to his durability.

Did you actually read the panel, He literally states that he was using his maximum power output he could use at the time. That means because he still knew the value of life he couldn't access his unrestirected power at the time.

Because we know durability can be amped with magic as seen with Mavis telling everyone to use their magic to amp their defense. Natsu already took a shot to the back of his throat without having the chance to amp his dura, Wally shooting him then would have done nothing different than before.

So Hades was amping his normal dura with additional magic power he received from an outside source that was not his own? Concession accepted.

And this is the case in what other situation exactly? Mavis never mentions it, it never impacts her or Zeref at any other point in the series.

Durability can be amped with magic power. Which is exactly why when mages can't use their magic or can't control their full magic power their durability is lower than it normally would be. Which is why in zeref's case his durability was not at maximum because he couldn't fully control his magic power to use for defense.

And Natsu was using his magic power then. Dragon slaying magic gives dragon slayers higher defense by default. Without his magic he didn't have that defense.

Not to distract from the conversation, but I have a question. When we have a character who says something along the lines of "this particular attack is equivalent to 400 megatons" do we take them at their word?

I'm of the impression that we should since as far as I'm concerned it's too specific a comparison to ignore, but I'm unsure about the sites stand on stuff like that.

Thanks, been reading RAVE and that popped up. Honestly we need to make a profile for Doryu, dude is broken and bloody awesome at the same time

That implies that they are constantly amping their dura which you have no evidence of. The Curse is about controlling death hax.

Since when has DSM given higher defense by default?

@David

Depends if the feat contradicts the statement itself. I remember there was a feat in a CW show and the specific number for it didn't line up so it was thrown out.

I imagine it's probably a case by case basis, but we do acknowledge on here that AP doesn't always = range of actual destruction, and it's doubly so when the power that causes the damage is based on some nonsensical power source like magic.

I know what you mean Blank, I remember a feat from the Flash where they give a number for how fast he was going to do something and the calc for it was way higher than the given number.

AP does not aways equal Range, that's true, also, in Fairy Tail, AP has always equaled Durability, so yeah I can agree that the Ultear thing is PIS and it was retconned later anyway

Gajeel was faster than lightning to protect Levi

Measures (Distance between Laxus and Levi): http://prntscr.com/pouhy5 Levi: 1.51m = 72px Laxus Finger: ~ 0.01m = 15px Screen: 325px

Levi: 2atan (tan (70/2) * (72/325)) = 11.98457980129 Degrees Finger: 2atan (tan (70/2) * (15/325)) = 2.505531454889668 Degrees

http://www.1728.org/angsize.htm

D: 7.1927-0.22864 = 6.96406m

Measures (distance levi and gajeel): http://prntscr.com/pougto Levi: 80px = 1.51m Distance: 90px = 1,69875m

Speed:

T: 1.699875 / 440000 = 0.00000386079s D: 6.96406-1.699875 = 5.256531 V: 5.256531 / 0.00000386079 = Mach 3976.066560845

Would that be Outlier ? Or is it proof that it's not just the Top tier and God Tier that is Sub Relativist ?

Good to know that Natsu as a Soul can hit Physical beings, that's pretty broken, also Laxus wrecks Kyria, good to know that as well

Laxus off screening Erza tier characters lol. Natsu vs Makky with ghost hax seems like an awesome fight. No clue whats happening with Lucy's fight but it seems like some limited resistance to the 'White'ing

Wait Natsu can go Soul Mode as any time, and can hit Physical Beings as a soul who can't see him... that's some really good hax that Natsu got, that's basically Obito but better

Back