• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

Oh whoops I forgot to give you the stuff for why the storm is that big:

Not really a storm per say he just makes it cloudy across it all of it so weak instability would be best.

The clouds look to be Nimbostratus imo so at least using the average height above ground and cloud thickness with 18000km gets us

2,691,653,389,787,021,300kg

So that'd be 643.3206 Gigatons (High 6-C+) using weak instability.

If we were to use moderate at all then it'd be 1.6083 Teratons (Low 6-B)

If nothing else the game is consistent

and here's why we're using 18,000 km

Oh whoops I forgot to give you the stuff for why the storm is that big:

Not really a storm per say he just makes it cloudy across it all of it so weak instability would be best.

The clouds look to be Nimbostratus imo so at least using the average height above ground and cloud thickness with 18000km gets us

So that'd be 643.3206 Gigatons (High 6-C+) using weak instability.

If we were to use moderate at all then it'd be 1.6083 Teratons (Low 6-B)

If nothing else the game is consistent

and here's why we're using 18,000 km
Gotcha, just a second.

This would still have to be adjusted to fit the 19km distance for the actual storm creation part of it
I also realized something wrong.

The numbers I use for my own part of the calc is lowball as I explained before that ultima actually did create a storm and not just made it cloudy.

Here:
U probably know a ton more about clouds than me but here’s some things you should to account for

1. For primogenesis to accomplish its goal it’s needs to rain aether around the realm.

2. There’s very much a storm at least in Waloed,(there’s rain and lightning)

3. From the video we see of the beginning of primogenesis, it looks like a storm meaning it likely just dissipated by the next day.

Here:

I think the idea was the storm spread through out the entire realm then subsided later on in the game.

The problem is it cuts to the next day when it’s already pretty much done so we can only assume 24 hours.

I guess we could find out how long it takes for a storm to die down then subtract it by 24 hours to get a better timeframe?

This would make the numbers far higher than what we already have as the mass would be more

Man I really hope we get the ultimania gets released outside of japan at some point
Yeah I thought we've moved passed pointlessly region locking content but between untranslated guidebooks, VPNs and questionable localization it seems some peeps want to enforce pointless gatekeeping in an era where information has never been more accessible.

Ugh... I still shudder at the dark days of waiting several months to a few years for certain JRPGs to come West.

Man I really hope we get the ultimania gets released outside of japan at some point
Maybe? Getting the Ultimania Archive was nothing short of a miracle, but we did end up getting some of the FFVII Remake Ultimanias. So maybe they'll are willing to test waters.
Yeah I thought we've moved passed pointlessly region locking content but between untranslated guidebooks, VPNs and questionable localization it seems some peeps want to enforce pointless gatekeeping in an era where information has never been more accessible.

Ugh... I still shudder at the dark days of waiting several months to a few years for certain JRPGs to come West.
Or the game's localization being unceremoniously cancelled for some reason.

I'll have to go to bed now, it's pretty late over here. I will fix the blog with the updated info tomorrow as soon as I have the chance.

This would still have to be adjusted to fit the 19km distance for the actual storm creation part of it
A bit embarassed to say it, but I can't do it myself. Sorry
I also realized something wrong.

The numbers I use for my own part of the calc is lowball as I explained before that ultima actually did create a storm and not just made it cloudy.

Here:

This would make the numbers far higher than what we already have as the mass would be more
Added the justifications on why it is an actual storm. Will you recalc, then?

Ok here’s what I got

Ultima storm calc redo

Due to dense cloud/storm justifications as listed above, instead of nimbostratus clouds we will be using cumulonimbus which are 1-3 times heavier than nimbostratus clouds

So for low end 1.5x the mass of the old calc
For mid end 2x the mass of the old calc
For high end 3x the mass of the old calc

Mass of the old calc=

Low end=
4.0374801e+18 kg

Now for spreading the storm across Valisthea which is 19,000km in 23 hours gives us 229.47 meters/second
KE= 1.0629974688489E+23 J or Country Level

Mid end=
Mass= 5.3833068e+18kg
KE= 1.4173299584652E+23 J or Country Level

High end
Mass= 8.0749602e+18 kg
KE= 2.1259949376978E+23 J or Country Level+

Ok here’s what I got

Ultima storm calc redo

Due to dense cloud/storm justifications as listed above, instead of nimbostratus clouds we will be using cumulonimbus which are 1-3 times heavier than nimbostratus clouds

So for low end 1.5x the mass of the old calc
For mid end 2x the mass of the old calc
For high end 3x the mass of the old calc

Mass of the old calc=

Low end=
4.0374801e+18 kg

Now for spreading the storm across Valisthea which is 19,000km in 23 hours gives us 229.47 meters/second
KE= 1.0629974688489E+23 J or Country Level

Mid end=
Mass= 5.3833068e+18kg
KE= 1.4173299584652E+23 J or Country Level

High end
Mass= 8.0749602e+18 kg
KE= 2.1259949376978E+23 J or Country Level+
Yeah nah that's not how that works, i didn't want to blog it myself since I would have to wait on someone else to evaluate but I'll go ahead and do that when I have the time

Well its the same thing I said here but if ya don't really know about doing cloud calcs then it won't be as simple though its still not a hard fix
Also has anyone started the speed stuff?
No I would have to calc it and I said all the new feats would have to wait a bit since I'm indexing another verse but it won't be too long as im almost complete with my sandboxes for it

Well its the same thing I said here but if ya don't really know about doing cloud calcs then it won't be as simple though its still not a hard fix
I mentioned a couple of pages ago, I can't calc whatsoever, a bit embarassing but yeah. I offered to compile the feat in a blog because the wiki wasn't working properly for Dust and he couldn't create the blog.

Sorry, dude, I have to rely on you for the fix.

I mentioned a couple of pages ago, I can't calc whatsoever, a bit embarassing but yeah. I offered to compile the feat in a blog because the wiki wasn't working properly for Dust and he couldn't create the blog.

Sorry, dude, I have to rely on you for the fix.
Yeah its all good I'll get to it after im done with gravity rush here

I've been working on and off on getting Ultima's and Dion's profile finished, been splitting my attention towards Sly Cooper a lot recently, and they're pretty close. Just need to add some stuff from my docs to my sandboxes at some point.

Been playing this game, absolutely love it. A few scaling questions: are y’all planning on scaling Zettaflare to Mothercrystal Bahamut’s physicals and Ifrit Risen’s normal physicals, if so why, or are y’all just scaling will amped Ifrit Risen’s physicals there? Also, is there any reason to scale Ultima’s attacks and the sort to his realm creation, or are y’all just granting him that charitable interpretation as a baseline assumption?

Been playing this game, absolutely love it. A few scaling questions: are y’all planning on scaling Zettaflare to Mothercrystal Bahamut’s physicals and Ifrit Risen’s normal physicals, if so why, or are y’all just scaling will amped Ifrit Risen’s physicals there? Also, is there any reason to scale Ultima’s attacks and the sort to his realm creation, or are y’all just granting him that charitable interpretation as a baseline assumption?
Ultima's realm shit has outright statements and such in the lore viewer so yeah and I mean yeah this kinda thing is overly common in FF literally in like every game

And there's not gonna be just one ifrit risen in the keys cause that won't really make sense. But yeah Zettaflare should be > MotherCrystal Absorbed Bahamutd physicals but as far as Ifrit risen is concerned you still could just put it as X tier with will since he does have that power still

Oh it has statements that imply his creation feat scales to his physicals or other attacks?
Nah not for that, like I said this specifc kind of thing itself the creating a dimension that scales to your power is a staple of FF atp with all the lore that shit has built specifcally for forever but no what I'm talking about is the dimensions creation itself is what we have statements on

I mean we are also outright told by lore as well that Ultima incomplete vessel doesn't have the physical strength to wield his more powerful magics (even tho he heavily outstats everyone else atp), that incomplete form also has no evidence of being able to interact with his dimension in any major capacity enough to do shit like endgame Ultima did

Ummmmmm, I’m fine ig with giving him the charity of scaling to his dimension, if there’s a lot of precedence in FF for that. I feel like that probably isn’t the most solid justification, might teeter on an association fallacy, but I can’t say I care that much to oppose it.

Back