• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is almost too easy. Come on guys! Give us Sonic supporters more opposition! Infinite speed for base forms would have been blesphamous just 4 years ago! Lmao

Once more in Sonic Generations, Base Sonic is stated to accelerate through time. In addition, this appears to be just as normal to Sonic as regular running, as he simply says he needs to "run like there's no tomorrow" and the way he does this is simply by running through these zones like in any other game. (Immeasurable)
Alright, so my thoughts are really only in regards to this feat. I've used it to argue for Immeasurable beforehand (Offsite), but after looking into the feat more carefully, I think it's not an Immeasurable feat.

While it's true that accelerating through time is immeasurable, given the context, I don't really think it is. Tails states Sonic is "accelerating through time" in reference to Sonic going through the levels of the game. With each level of the game being from a different point in time. One might ask "Why would Tails be figurative instead of literal. He isn't the type to do this". To that I say, he is being literal. Because that is the best way he can understand/explain what is going on (Or rather, how Tails chooses to word it). Which is confirmed in this conversation:
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png

Tails describes the act of walking through White Space and experiencing/going through/battling levels and bosses as "traveling through time and space".

So the argument that Tails wouldn't say something like that figuratively doesn't work, because we have precedent from the same game that it is true that he would choose to do so. However, I think what is more likely is that Tails deduction is incomplete since he doesn't yet have all the details, and just actually believes that to be the best way to word it. Because in a sense, Sonic literally IS traveling through time, as he's moving through different spaces that were ripped from different points in time.

So when Tails says Sonic is accelerating through time, I'm inclined to believe he meant it in the same way he used it in another instance of the same game. I.e., Sonic is simply running through different levels of the game which are from different time periods. Which is true. Sonic is running through zones (Which are again all ripped from different points in time), and is restoring color to them.

However, this doesn't mean I'm against Immeasurable. I just think it should be at most a possibly rating. Since I don't believe this is concrete and the scaling relies on Sonic downscaling from Super Sonic which is... very weird imo. But since I know there's a pretty good amount of Immeasurable scaling for Sonic, I'm not entirely against it (Granted, those other instances weren't presented in the op).

that is in theory,there is nothing confirmed yet (and even if it is,it will still be higher than just traveling distance over time)
A theory that is currently accepted as true by your science, of course

but i am reffering to the fact that there is speed are still related to distance over time,when you time travel,regardless if it is FTL or not,it should just put you above those levels,because you are moving in time,not in distance over a time
Yes you are moving through time.... By going FTL

Countless fictional works doesn't treat be FTL as enough to Time Travel, and to create a balance between those who do and those who doesn't, we don't treat FTL Speed as Immeasurable

Alright, so my thoughts are really only in regards to this feat. I've used it to argue for Immeasurable beforehand (Offsite), but after looking into the feat more carefully, I think it's not an Immeasurable feat.

While it's true that accelerating through time is immeasurable, given the context, I don't really think it is. Tails states Sonic is "accelerating through time" in reference to Sonic going through the levels of the game. With each level of the game being from a different point in time. One might ask "Why would Tails be figurative instead of literal. He isn't the type to do this". To that I say, he is being literal. Because that is the best way he can understand/explain what is going on (Or rather, how Tails chooses to word it).
I think I remember saying something like this earlier but I was focused on the infinite speed feats more. Though you probably said it way better than I could've, lol.

The immeasurable part is so intrinsically connected to the super form downscaling that I don’t see it being accepted no matter how consistent it is. Infinite has enough going for it though, I think.

A theory that is currently accepted as true by your science, of course

Yes you are moving through time.... By going FTL

Countless fictional works doesn't treat be FTL as enough to Time Travel, and to create a balance between those who do and those who doesn't, we don't treat FTL Speed as Immeasurable
Yeah,because they Don't time travel,and if they don't do that,then IS just FTl

Awesome. With that settled, Infinite speed + Shake's suggestion for Immeasurable has been accepted. The grace period of 48+ hours has passed, so changes can begin being applied

There will be an attempt to downscale base from super form speed in the future It’s me I’m gonna do it
I'm telling you now that will fail in completely unspectacular fashion

Also I'm not even sure if you're allowed to since that was a major talking point of my CRT and it wasn't accepted, so you'd need to wait some time before pushing for that

Also I'm not even sure if you're allowed to since that was a major talking point of my CRT and it wasn't accepted, so you'd need to wait some time before pushing for that
Just to clarify, from Discussion Rules:
When creating content revisions, it is essential to ensure that the topic has not been addressed previously. Rejected content revisions cannot be resubmitted within a short period of time (typically defined as within 3 to 4 months), except in cases where a staff member has a good reason to do so (e.g. important unconsidered information, violation of site standards or flaws in a calculation). This only applies to threads that have received extensive debate or have been rejected due to a clear conflict with the wiki's rules or standards. If a thread passes or is rejected without significant opposition, then opposition should not be restricted from making a point.

The grace period of 48+ hours has passed, so changes can begin being applied
Mind tagging Maverick here to see if he can unlock these pages?
  • Classic Sonic
  • Modern Sonic
  • Metal Sonic
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Shadow (COMPLETE)
  • Silver
  • Amy Rose (COMPLETE)
  • Tails
  • Mighty
  • Ray
  • Trip
  • Sage