• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion Thread 5: Fire Emblem Three Houses, One Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The baseline for mountain feats is 300 meters, but just a note; that Japan has the baseline for mountain as being 1000 meters.

I thought Mountains were always supposed to be bare minimum 609 Meters, that's like eveey mountain calc

Because hills are smaller mountains but both hills and mountains are called "Õ▒▒" in Japanese kanji and Chinese character.

Off topic and maybe NSFW: what are the patterns on the legs of female Byleth?

I have finally finished the game, after 5 months and well over 200 hours!

Goodness, I've played this game is even longer than BOTW though I'll rectify that this summer

Yeah, I have 275 Hours on Three Houses, playing all Routes guve you a hefty playtime

If 3H didnt have the calendar it'd be done in 20 hours tops each route.

Main story maps are short as heck.

Rhea is your daughter, grandma, somewhat mother at the same time.

You can even marry a loli in your head that's actually your great grandmother and yourself at the same time.

Rhea is a weird scenario. Way more complex than Corrin's situation.

Dude, marrying Sothis is quite literally marrying yourself.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I thought Mountains were always supposed to be bare minimum 609 Meters, that's like eveey mountain calc
609 meters is the height of the average mountain; the baseline of a mountain is around 300 meters tall. Any shorter than that would be called a hill rather than a mountain. But Japan as mentioned above has 1000 meters to be the baseline of a mountain.

Jasonsith said:
Because hills are smaller mountains but both hills and mountains are called "Õ▒▒" in Japanese kanji and Chinese character.

Off topic and maybe NSFW: what are the patterns on the legs of female Byleth?
PaChi2 said:
Red flag.
?

Ya know, I would have rather if they gave you a more "restrictive" gameplay where the first 11 maps (or more if Timeskip is postponed) you switch between classes, and in the map where the Flame Emperor's identity is revealed you chose who you'd side with (Edelgard/Church) and after the map (in my head the 3 lords are present in that map, so you see Dimitri's snap) you decide if you go with Claude/Dimitri/Rhea for the last battle before the skip.

Something along the lines of: Seteth/Rhea asks you to command the defense against Edelgard, you need a commander to take care of the rear/second front, so you must choose who is going to accompany you to the main battlefield. If you choose Dimitri (you already saw his mental state) you go BL, Claude is GD and if you decide that you prefer that no student should fight Edelgard, Seteth and the Church of Seiros and teachers go with you.

After the timeskip you'd encounter the students fighting for the opposite side or a third party depending on your choice. And each student would be given a different recruitment criteria (talk with X, reach A level support before timeskip, etc.) so you can get everyone in a perfect run.

I....actually agree with most of that.

The only issue is that the students should preferably found early on in Part 2 if that were to happen. I do prefer you just keeping the other student and recruiting them to your side Pre-TS personally though.

In my head, by the time/after you fight the post-time skip Battle of the Eagles and Lions you'd have recruited most of the students barring a few (The other Lords, Hubert/Dedue, maybe someone else). Afterwards you'd be able to recruit Claude/Dimitri in a paralogue (replacing the main story map, also Dimitri does not die in GD if you do this).

In GD you'd be able to recruit Edelgard under certain circumstances, in BL and SS you'd be given the option to spare Edelgard (but not recruit her in case of SS, also I assume that BL would be extended to a TWSID map) and in BE you'd be able to recruit both Lords under certain circumstances.

Also the ending would change depending om the surviving Lords and who you chose to side in the TS.

Ie: 3 lords alive? Perfect neutral ending. 3 Lords alive (but you chose Seiros Church)? Perfect Rhea ending.

I'm not sure if I would have liked that. Just consider for example the teaching mechanic. Dividing that in all three houses+church would have been hell to balance at the start of the game. Despite how repetitive part 1 was, I still preferred it this way. What I would change is a bit more of map divergence (like, make a couple of unique maps for pre-timeskip (like making the Miklan or Lonato missions BL only and have other insurrections coming from the other territories of Fodlan), or even just change enemies on a map).

I would love for there to be obscure conditions to let both Dimitri and Edelgard live. As long as it feels like I have to work for that happy ending. I don't want a repeat of Awakening

Edit: fun story, I'm finally playing CF route and the other day I wanted spare Claude. But I didn't realize you have to beat him with Byleth or Edelgard. I ended up killing with Jeritza, and then saved thinking I would get the option to spare Claude in a cutscene afterwards.

I'm sorry to say for Death Knight fans, but he shouldn't scale to 7-A, his page currently says that he should scale via fighting Post Timeskip Byleth, but that is just not enough

There is no confirmation that the Death Knight ever posed a threat to Byleth, like in every cutscene after a battle, Byleth appears fine, there's no lore evidence that they have an even fight, plus the Death Knight should be much less of a threat than any of the Lords or Final Bosses

"Yeah like how I'd place them;

Blue Lions keeps the Lanato and Miklan missions Golden Deer would have Lorenz's paralouge where Acheron was inform by someone about if taking over the Chruch means he rules over the land but after the battle he still lives, Lorenz is disappointed that the man bothering his father is causing this much trouble and apologizes, you'd even have Judith with you as a playable unit. The Miklan mission would be replace with Shamir and Alois's mission where they were informed someone stole House Reigan's relic which Claude becomes pretty angry about it (not only for stealing a weapon but also using Almyra as an excuse) which the commander turns into a demontic beast.

Black Eagles would be Duke Aegir and could be Lysithea and Ferdinand's paralouge which he requested the Chruch due to a revolt in his territory where he does become a bit playable but isn't very strong, he even has unique dialouge with Edelgard and Ferdinand which after the fight Aegir thanks them for help which Edelgard shows annoyance. The Miklan one I think could be based on Leonie and Linhardt where this band of thieves are planning to steal this saint weapon which then you fight

Credits to Poi-Rozen

TriforcePower1 said:
I'm not sure if I would have liked that. Just consider for example the teaching mechanic. Dividing that in all three houses+church would have been hell to balance at the start of the game. Despite how repetitive part 1 was, I still preferred it this way. What I would change is a bit more of map divergence (like, make a couple of unique maps for pre-timeskip (like making the Miklan or Lonato missions BL only and have other insurrections coming from the other territories of Fodlan), or even just change enemies on a map).
Just give you the ability to arrange everyone's study plan at the start. Change private lessons with seminars for the three classes and make the students that are not participating in the month's mission to promote automatically if they meet the requirements for the next step, for example, horsemen into paladin. Also give you the ability to change the plans of those who are participating with you in that month.

Of course ya aint touching the Seiros Knights or teachers until the post time skip (it makes the most sense, the heck is Catherine attending class as if she were a student pre timeskip).

Also, Jeritza would be BE's teacher, Manuela GD's and Hanneman BL's.

Byleth'd become a feelance of sorts.

I don't mind Jeritza getting downgraded; but he should still be the strongest non lord playable character in the game. Should also note that Hubert and Dedue are stronger than your average students Hero's Relic or not.

They're the Lord's right hand men for a reason; Hilda does have her own Hero's Relic, and it's not like she's so much stronger than Dedue. Also, Dedue does have a notable transformation in the crimson flower route. Not sure about Hubert, but he is a boss alongside Death Knight and should be comparable to Dedue.

Jeritza has stated multiple times in BE that he wishes to duel Byleth in order to kill them. This is after witnessing Byleth's abilities first hand. He is still confident that he is capable of killing Byleth.

On 2nd thought, I think Jeritza can stay the way he is. Plus, he is super overpowered in the Crimson Flower route. Like he naturally has range counter.

So, I've decided to create the mother of all walls of text in order to explain everything that TWSITD did in the long history of Fodlan.

Starting from the moment Sothis reached Fodlan. Now, it's not exactly hidden that TWSITD despise her. Considering that Rhea is the one that tells us about this, we have to take her statements with a grain of salt, as while she's definitely honest, that doesn't mean that her opinion isn't biased. It's possible that the Agarthans lived in Fodlan before Sothis came, as they refer to her as "Fell Star" (implying they saw her fall), and, although this is outside of the fourth wall, Sothis in real mythology is the greek name of the Egyptian goddess who was the incarnation of Sirius, a star that was considered a bad omen for the greeks, and Thales, Solon and Kronya are all greek names or still related to greek. Putting this in the FE perspective, the Agarthans saw Sothis as a foreign goddess that would bring bad luck.

Always according to Thales, after the Nabateans gave power to humans and they caused war, the Agarthans were actually forced by dragons to go underground, at difference of Rhea who simply said that they "retreated" (we don't know which one is correct, but the former would help to explain TWSITD's hatred for all dragons in general instead of just Sothis).

So, the Agarthans prepared their revenge. They manipulated Nemesis and convinced him that Fodlan needed to be "liberated" from the control of the Nabateans (hence why he later becomes the "King of Liberation"), and offered him their help in killing a sleeping Sothis. After killing her, TWSITD created the Sword of the Creator, crest stone and the crest of flames. After that, he and his elite warriors exterminated the children of the goddess who lived in Zanado, leaving only Rhea alive (and the other ones that weren't in Zanado at the time). After Nemesis got defeated, TWSITD got back his body, in order to try to resurrect him, as well as using his blood to give the Crest of Flames to who will later become their second Nemesis. The reason they manipulated Nemesis instead of doing that on their own was probably both to avoid any possible revenge and because they probably don't want dragon blood in their veins. I mean, they created crests and yet no Agarthan has them.

We don't know anything about what they did during most of Fodlan's history, but seeing Ionus' white hair, and Edelgard saying that the blood experiments were the dark secret of house Hresvelg in general, it's likely that they kept making experiments on this bloodline, hoping to create a second Nemesis.

1165: A plague in Fhirdiad threatens the population, but the real Cornelia prevents it from growing too big

1165-1176: Cornelia is killed and replaced by someone from TWSITD

1172: Hrym territory rebels, and house Ordelia helped them. After the rebellion was quelled by the empire, House Ordelia was effectively controlled by the empire, including TWSITD. Experiments on Lysithea, too.

1174: Arundel is killed and replaced by Thales (for reference, this is right after the insurrection of the seven and Edelgard's return to Enbarr after meeting Dimitri). Thales gets control of Hrym and house Ordelia. This or the next year are when the experiments on Edelgard's family start. They used Nemesis' blood to give the Crest of Flames to Edelgard, and tried to have her become a second Nemesis and manipulated her (this is probably where her intense hatred for the Children of the Goddess come from)

1176: Patricia, Edelgard's mother, starts plotting with Cornelia (who was replaced by TWSITD) a way to return to the empire. For still unknown reasons (we know that it was useful for TWSITD, but we don't know why), they helped her, as well as other kingdom nobles who didn't like Lambert, started plotting together the tragedy of Duscur.

1179: Monica gets abducted, and later killed. Tomas, after 40 years of work in Garreg Mach, comes back to house Ordelia, still controlled by TWSITD. He gets killed and replaced by Solon.

1180: Start of the game. From here on, I'll talk about the singular chapters.

Chapter 4: TWSITD discover that Byleth can wield the Sword of the Creator even without the crest stone, and realize that having a dangerous person on their enemy side means they're f*cked. If this is BE, they're doubly f*cked since they know very well that Edelgard hates them, and if she gains Byleth as an ally they're all dead. As such, most of their actions in part 1 are either to kill Byleth or prevent him from joining Edelgard. Btw, the attack on the tomb was very likely made so that Edelgard could get her hands on the Sword of the Creator, and fully become a second Nemesis.

Chapter 6: Flayn is kidnapped for her dragon blood, for TWSITD's blood experiments. They also use this occasion to make Kronya replace Monica and have her closely monitor Edelgard alongside Tomas (probably the entire reason they kidnapped and killed her the year before).

Chapter 8: Solon makes experiments on the population of Remire village. In BE, this has the very obvious purpose of connecting the Flame Emperor to such atrocious acts in order to prevent Byleth from ever joining the party that would cause such havoc in a village he cared about. In other routes, it's possible that they had the same goal in mind (as the Flame Emperor appears in every route trying to convince Byleth that he was not involved), but there's also the possibility that this experiment was made to transform people in demonic beasts (since the following chapter would be the first time we see people turning in Demonic Beasts), which is useful both for Edelgard's domination and extermination of dragons, and in order to bait Byleth and Jeralt in the ruined chapel. Flayn's blood may have been used here, as Claude tries to ask Flayn if she knew anything about the incident but she ran away before Claude could ask her.

Chapter 9: In the old chapel, Kronya transforms students into demonic beasts using the results of Solon's experiment in order to bait Byleth and Jeralt, and kill the latter. Thales also appears to save Kronya.

Chapter 10: Byleth, blinded by revenge against Kronya for killing his father, rushes in the sealed forest, which allows Solon to send him into a world of Eternal Darkness. This fails badly.

And I've finished. Everything they do post-timeskip is pretty clear and explained, so I don't think there's much to say here also because I'm lazy

@DDM/Dragon feel free to edit any grammar or logical mistake I made here. Actually, please do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back