• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

I'm bored so I will ask but since I am doing some more work on Shez...

How do you think Endgame Shez (don't know if there is a particular route where they considered the strongest) fares against an Endgame Byleth from Three Houses (specifically Silver Snow Route since it is believed they are strongest in that route)

I'm bored so I will ask but since I am doing some more work on Shez...

How do you think Endgame Shez (don't know if there is a particular route where they considered the strongest) fares against an Endgame Byleth from Three Houses (specifically Silver Snow Route since it is believed they are strongest in that route)

Endgame Shez stomps pretty handily IMHO, even with my 5-A lowball away from the common belief of him (/her) being 2-C due to Zahras. Unless Zahras means ELO Byleth will be T2 at some point?

Byleth should win pretty decisively, since they have access to the SotC, and they actually use Divine Pulse to rewind time, instead of only using it to pull a Dio.

Oh yeah, got to ask since I have no idea but what happen at the end of the Shez vs Byleth Death Match. Did their powers, Shez's Spatial Manipulation and Byleth's (or rather Sothis) Divine Pulse, interacted with each other and cancel each other (and thus Sothis couldn't rewind her death)

Either she used up all her divine pulse charges, PIS, or Divine Pulse doesn't automatically activate, and is rather a thought based ability

He just doesn't like how circular certain things sound even though it makes sense otherwise Byleth is just someone who straight up one-shots everyone they ever fights via possessing the power of Sothis.

It's more so due to the fact that there's little evidence that Two Crest Stones = Crest Stone of Flames. The Dark Sword of a Creator isn't a good example, when it could just be a case of Nemesis being that strong.

Hell, Seiros could almost match the Sublime Sword of the Creator with the Sword of Seiros, and Sacred Weapons aren't as strong as Heroes Relics.

It's more so due to the fact that there's little evidence that Two Crest Stones = Crest Stone of Flames. The Dark Sword of a Creator isn't a good example, when it could just be a case of Nemesis being that strong.

Hell, Seiros could almost match the Sublime Sword of the Creator with the Sword of Seiros, and Sacred Weapons aren't as strong as Heroes Relics.
Wait, there is a statement or showing of Sacred Weapon being weaker than Heroes Relics? I thought they were roughly equal given the whole War of Heroes

Wait, there is a statement or showing of Sacred Weapon being weaker than Heroes Relics? I thought they were roughly equal given the whole War of Heroes
  • Annette: Maybe they're after the treasure vault. There's also lots of valuable stuff in the library and Professor Hanneman's quarters!
  • Felix: True. The monastery undoubtedly houses many weapons that rival even the Heroes' Relics.
They might be equal tbh, but point still stands that 2 Relics/Crest Stones =/= Sublime SotC

Just notice but Magic users should probably get Sealing (Could place seals as well as dispel them [3:28]) and Forcefield Creation (Can create magical shield [44:54])

Also, those are some big-ass stairs in the cutscene at 44:54

They might be equal tbh, but point still stands that 2 Relics/Crest Stones =/= Sublime SotC
Perhaps not equal, but should still roughly be within the same ballpark. And not sure how else Revenant Nemesis should be stronger than his original self excluding Mighty King of Legend; which is debatable if he had that skill originally.

LMAO, that either makes the scaling even more blatant and/or his power comes from other things other than his own strength such as a stronger weapon.

Point I’m trying to make is that while Heroes Relics/Sacred Weapons (excluding SotC) set a baseline for power, it’s the users themselves that make a huge difference.

(Ex: Holst evenly matching C.Bergliez, a Sacred Weapon user with a regular sword, Claude needing 2 other Relic users to outmatch Dimitri, Three Hopes Base Byleth being superior to Relic Users, Seiros matching the Sublime SotC with a weapon only about as powerful as a Relic, etc)

Heroes Relics are stated to be strong enough that according to Three Hopes Sylvain, one swing is enough to take down hundred/thousands of regular solders.

We even have Heroes’ Relics being able to damage the Immaculate One, who can withstand attacks from SoTC wielded by Sothis-Fused Byleth, and even kill her as shown by Edelgard and Claude

Heroes Relics are stated to be strong enough that according to Three Hopes Sylvain, one swing is enough to take down hundred/thousands of regular solders.

We even have Heroes’ Relics being able to damage the Immaculate One, who can withstand attacks from SoTC wielded by Sothis-Fused Byleth, and even kill her as shown by Edelgard and Claude
Yea I'm not denying any of that, I'm just saying that using the Dark Sword of the Creator as the sole justification that 2 Crest Stones = Crest Stone of Flames is flimsy

So Kiran really got a Infinite * Infinite Power Boost. Also of all the Infinite Kirans, the main Kiran's existence is even more irregular apparently

I thought it was for being somewhat/comparable to how far horse riders can go in a single turn, but FE movement speed isn't my territory so can't confirm that.

Yeah, it's common for those on foot to be almost as fast as horses. Likewise, Swordmasters run fast enough to generate afterimages.

Change of topic, but I really think Grima's (and all those who scale to him) tiers need to be changed. Measuring his size based on the map isn't too reliable since the Awakening map isn't to scale, otherwise we'd have stuff like mountain-sized Chrom, and Shadows are often much larger than their object's size. He definitely isn't as large as the map, either, since his skeleton is seen detached in various places.

I'd prefer we scale him to some other feat, like him massively upscaling from Anankos' 7-B feat, or just recalcing Grima's size based on the Dragons Table/Ylisstol.

Last edited:
The shadow downplays his size though, and his Skeleton still has his skull alone being near castle sized and his spin stretching across the entire continent. His size is inconsistent and it should not be assumed pixels are 100% accurate and it's implied he has shapeshifting abilities, though his corpse should basically consist of his main size.

Or we could just remove the low ends outright and just used the 4-A stuff.

Curious on something.

So, in Three Hopes, we see that gameplay, Byleth can use their Divine Pulse to freeze enemies, even commanders if I am not mistaken, for as long as 20 seconds iirc and attack them in that frozen space (i.e like Esdeath), which stacks up damage and such. But as shown in cutscenes with Shez, the latter can react to the Divine Pulse and is not render frozen as enemies appear to be in gameplay.

Would this counts as a Resistance to Time Manipulation

Change of topic, but I really think Grima's (and all those who scale to him) tiers need to be changed. Measuring his size based on the map isn't too reliable since the Awakening map isn't to scale, otherwise we'd have stuff like mountain-sized Chrom, and Shadows are often much larger than their object's size. He definitely isn't as large as the map, either, since his skeleton is seen detached in various places.

I'd prefer we scale him to some other feat, like him massively upscaling from Anankos' 7-B feat, or just recalcing Grima's size based on the Dragons Table/Ylisstol.
Well, there is that feat of Grima creating a thunderstorm with his Awakening iirc. Is there a reasoning why Grima would scale above Dragon Anankos

Back