• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

I'm not gonna sugar coat it:
Baseline 6-D = Tempest = Sakura/Elise < Camilla/Hinoka < Leo/Takumi < Corrin (With Yato) < Xander/Ryoma < Laslow/Odin/Severa <= Lilith < Ryoma (Post-Rainbow Sage Trial) < Corrin (Post-Rainbow Sage Trial + with Noble/Grim Yato) < Xander (Post-Rainbow Sage Trial) < King Garon < Corrin (With Blazing/Shadow Yato) < Blight Dragon Garon/Possessed Takumi/Possessed Gunter < Corrin (Post-Resurrection)/Corrin (With Alpha Yato) < Sealed Anankos < Corrin (With Omega Yato) < Silent Dragon Anankos < Naga/Marth/Chrom/Lucina (Future Past)/Anri/First Exalt < Roy/Zephiel/Idunn < Grima < Chrom (With Power from Naga)/Robin (Post-Resurrection) < Ike (Path of Radiance) < Ike (Radiant Dawn) < Black Knight < Ike (Vanguard)/Prime Greil < Radiant Dawn Endgame Party = Dheginsea/Altina/Soan <= Ashera/Yune/Ike (With Yune's Power) < Ashunera < 9 * Baseline 6-D = Surtr < Book II Order of Heroes < ∞ + 9 * Baseline 6-D = Hel < Alfonse (Book III) < Alfonse (Book V) < Ótr < Nótt < Fáfnir < Beast Fáfnir < Nerþuz/Njörðr < Nerþuz (With Aurr)/Njörðr (With Ar) < ∞ * (∞ + 9 * Baseline 6-D) = Gullveig < ∞ * ∞ * (∞ + 9 * Baseline 6-D) = Kiran (With Breidablik, With Land's Power)/Seiðr (With Land's Power)
where does Freyja enter in this? between Alfonse (Book III) and Alfonse (Book V)?

In the latest forging bonds event the new heroes weren't summoned by Kiran but appear in Askr because of a manipulation of the dragon gate by Nergal which also dragged Veyle and Lumera from Elyos.
Nergal also tried to turn Anna into a morph after kidnapping her but she resisted it via sheer willpower.

It come from being able to survive without a soul.
I may have forgotten a few but there's:
-the Eitri summons in Heroes.
-dark magic user in Elibe since they need to sacrifice their souls.
-Duma's faithful and Celica gave their souls to Duma.
-Duma himself was lacking a soul before absorbing the soul of Celica.
-Idunn got her soul destroyed in the purgatory.

**** it, we doing this:
Another question (since I don't follow Heroes very closely), where would Byleth sit in the scaling chain? I don't know if they have any relevance in the story

Thanks.

Oh yeah, do you have a link to the thread where it was accepted?

Another question (since I don't follow Heroes very closely), where would Byleth sit in the scaling chain? I don't know if they have any relevance in the story
Wherever it says 'Order of Heroes' for now is probably your best bet.

Bunch of characters don't have a clear spot in the scaling chain yet other than everyone scaling to book milestones...

Question: Should we give Emblems the same abilities as their main counterparts? They're technically still the same person, since the Emblems recall becoming Emblems, but they've changed to the point where the Emblems acknowledge that they aren't the original hero.

I choose to believe it's that they're being peer pressured to keep them on for whatever bonuses the 'gear' gives them for the event.

It's really funny imaging Kiran saying: "No no, put your armor away and get the Santa Claus outfit. We've talked about this."
That sounds like something right out of the Daily Life in Askr (or whatever it's called) gag comic, and I love it.

I have heard of proposals for ideas regarding new FE Titles; with one idea being how a day/night cycle would work. It would hurt narrative of a lot of FE cycles of days or nights pass after set numbers of turns; though FE4 remake is an example where I could see ideas but prefer to stick to schedule. But if a brand new FE title had that feature and a narrative set in a way for that to be doable, I think it would be awesome. Though I wonder if that also might make it where every chapter in the game has a turn limit. Would be a neat challenge though.

I can now freely quit powerscaling without regrets

Nothing to report sir!

This is truly a blessing from the Goddess!

Wonder if Tier 5 Elibe could be possible, given that Niime says that powerful enough Dark Magic can tilt the planet
Yeah, there are some stated hypotheticals for the potential of dark magic, though it's unsure if somebody actually reached those levels. It isn't even known if the likes of Nergal, Athos, or Bramimond have ever reached that level. I have heard that the 8 Divine Weapons + the Binding Blade could hypothetically upscale, but there is still no hard proof of that though other feats to point out. Causing the ice age was Multi-Continent level for sure, as well as accelerating the Earth's rotation to go from noon to midnight almost instantly would be Moon level minimum. (Stopping the Earth's Rotational Kinetic Energy is Moon level, and accelerating it by great multitudes should get much higher results). But of course it would still be divided since the feat was split between all 9 Divine Weapons with less than half the feat also being done by the Fire Dragons as well. And there are still points that this might be a unity based feat similar to a Spirit Bomb. But we do not even know if the Apocalypse Tome among other things was something that reached the upper limit of Dark Magic potential.

So in the end, it all seems like speculation. And some Dark Magic spells are kind of different in which they can often times far exceed what the user(s) are naturally capable of. And in the end, might just have the same issues people had with using Dragon Veins for scaling.

Yeah, there are some stated hypotheticals for the potential of dark magic, though it's unsure if somebody actually reached those levels. It isn't even known if the likes of Nergal, Athos, or Bramimond have ever reached that level. I have heard that the 8 Divine Weapons + the Binding Blade could hypothetically upscale, but there is still no hard proof of that though other feats to point out. Causing the ice age was Multi-Continent level for sure, as well as accelerating the Earth's rotation to go from noon to midnight almost instantly would be Moon level minimum. (Stopping the Earth's Rotational Kinetic Energy is Moon level, and accelerating it by great multitudes should get much higher results). But of course it would still be divided since the feat was split between all 9 Divine Weapons with less than half the feat also being done by the Fire Dragons as well. And there are still points that this might be a unity based feat similar to a Spirit Bomb. But we do not even know if the Apocalypse Tome among other things was something that reached the upper limit of Dark Magic potential.

So in the end, it all seems like speculation. And some Dark Magic spells are kind of different in which they can often times far exceed what the user(s) are naturally capable of. And in the end, might just have the same issues people had with using Dragon Veins for scaling.
I was thinking that at the very least, the most powerful Dark tomes like Apocalypse, or Nergal’s tome (which I can’t remember how to spell), would scale to it, since Niime just seems to be referring to powerful dark magic in general.

I remember that we removed the Divine Weapon ratings based on the fact that the power was caused by the combined might of the Divine Weapons/The Dragons, but Jahn seems to imply that the Divine Weapons alone (at their peak) are capable of causing the Ending Winter, so that would be a good supporting feat.

Honestly, there is no reason why we shouldn’t use Dragon Veins for scaling, given that it’s been accepted as a UES, and its power has been shown to physically amplify individuals.

Back