• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing the layout of the Mass Effect pages

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
So, I'm currently making a MASSive revision and it's going to be incredibly difficult to integrate into the page. This is because it being an RPG, there's so many powers, items etc.

My solution is to either break the profile into separate keys/pages to make it a lot easier for people to understand which classes have access to what powers and weaponry.

• Option 1: Seperate each class as a page and have a key for each game. Then we can insert a tabber that cascades for the classes main powers and bonus powers (which are unique powers after meeting prerequisite conditions, but only one can normally used at a time). This may be a problem as people like using Shepard as a composite, so we'll have to figure that issue out
  • Option 2: Keep it all one page but have a key for each class. Again, I'll have to have cascading tabbers but they'll be larger and more complicated.
  • Option 3: Keep the page as it is and somehow find a system that'll incorporate all of the information. This will be difficult and the page will likely be complicated to read.
As for squadmates, who have different appearances throughout the series, I'm sure having a key for each game is enough.

I with Option 2, i don't think we need to create a key for each class for each game, it would make things far too complicated, just a key for each class where to put all their abilities from the trilogy.

Although we should add a key for Base Shepard, so that we don't have to add things like Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Social Influencing and etc. everytime in each key.

And for the squardmates, i don't think we need to give them a key for each game at all.

Okay, thanks for the reply! I was a bit conservative at the time because of the composite rule being layed out, but I guess it's fine since it's not really a composite per say.

Colonel Krukov said:
* Option 1: Seperate each class as a page and have a key for each game. Then we can insert a tabber that cascades for the classes main powers and bonus powers (which are unique powers after meeting prerequisite conditions, but only one can normally used at a time). This may be a problem as people like using Shepard as a composite, so we'll have to figure that issue out
I find myself supporting this particular route much more thoroughly than the others and see it as the most sensible option by far.

It must be remembered; Shepard is, by technicality, not "one character". He is any character a player wishes for him to be, and that encompasses a great many subdivisions. Every "class" is a different interpretation of the character, meant to represent a different Shepard with different strengths and weaknesses. Separating these classes into their own pages with their own statistics and information is the most accurate way of adhering to this ideal. Anything less would be, dare I say it, painting a false picture of the character.

It will quite clearly take more work, and I am patently certain that people may not enjoy that. But if the site wishes to strive for accuracy in this endeavor, then this would indeed be the best course of action.

Back