• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frisk Full determination vs Chara.

I know they are the same "character" but what would happend if the good Frisk encounters Chara?

Frisk can use help from his friends like the battle against Asriel.

Whou would win?

Frisk
Despite everything, it's still you.

Chara

What would happen is the following:

Chara uses FIGHT

Frisk withstand the attack

Frisk uses MERCY - SPARE

Chara uses FIGHT

And it will go like that until the end of time.

I'm serious. They are polar opposites. It's the perfect example of an unstoppable force against an immovable object. Chara will never stop attacking Frisk, but her attacks would be meaningless, meanwhile Frisk will never stop sparing Chara, and she will not convince her to took the other way. It's completly inconclussive because of personalities.

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
What would happen is the following:
Chara uses FIGHT

Frisk withstand the attack

Frisk uses MERCY - SPARE

Chara uses FIGHT

And it will go like that until the end of time.

I'm serious. They are polar opposites. It's the perfect example of an unstoppable force against an immovable object. Chara will never stop attacking Frisk, but her attacks would be meaningless, meanwhile Frisk will never stop sparing Chara, and she will not convince her to took the other way. It's completly inconclussive because of personalities.
ok i understad but what if Frisk wants to fight, like "bloodlust" ignoring his personality

you think he could beat chara?

I'd say Frisk, if he's bloodlusted, he harmed Omega Flowey who's supposedly stated to be superior to Chara, and his durability is too high for Chara

since Chara and Frisk are technically the same person, they have the same determination, however Chara cuts themself off from fealing so I don't think they would be able to reach max determination like Frisk can. basically Frisk is just all around stronger with MD

In the end, Empathy holds out until the end of time.

Frisk with Maximum Determination is literally impossible to fully kill. Even God Asriel at 100% power couldn't do it and he had something remarkably close to omnipotence.

Chara, for all of the 9's they can flood the screen with, with every swing of their knife, just does not have what is take to permanently kill our player protagonist.

Even in the Genocide ending, your (frisk's soul is) still floating in an endless black void after Chara's attack.

Chara will just attack and Frisk won't die... no matter how hard Chara tries, Frisk just wont stay dead because he will come back and try to solve it the "pacifist" way.

BUT, unlike Chara, Frisk can win if gives up the pacifist way and decides to attack, he will "slowly" chip away Chara's health. Considering that he could harm Omega Flowey even in a small degree, I can see Frisk winning that way... if he is a "Neutral Route Frisk"

Chara might not have the determination, but he has 20 LVL by default, while Frisk has 0.

Chara would just kill Frisk in one hit.

But it would refuse.

There is literally nothing Chara can do to kill Frisk. The fight goes on forever.

Stevethebarbarian said:
They'd be flirting... with themself... I don't know what to think about that.
Not really flirting with themself. But, I do it all the time when I'm lonely, have as lot of time on hand, and several flirtatous puns in inventory.

What?

I said nothing.

Wait isn't Frisk perfectly willing to since the neutral route is canon for what he does in character? He only completely avoided killing because Flowey had asked him to do so, so wouldn't an in character Frisk be willing to kill Chara if he realized there was no other choice? Also standard vs battle assumptions say he's willing to kill so it's not like he's gonna be just flirting for all eternity.

Blahblah9755 said:
Wait isn't Frisk perfectly willing to since the neutral route is canon for what he does in character? He only completely avoided killing because Flowey had asked him to do so, so wouldn't an in character Frisk be willing to kill Chara if he realized there was no other choice? Also standard vs battle assumptions say he's willing to kill so it's not like he's gonna be just flirting for all eternity.

He can't. Chara just LOADs every time.

Actually most of Frisk' decisions are by the Player, not Frisk, and it's hinted Pacifist Frisk is true Frisk.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Actually most of Frisk' decisions are by the Player, not Frisk, and it's hinted Pacifist Frisk is true Frisk.
Really? I thought true pacifist frisk was the true frisk and you have to go through neutral first to achieve the true pacifist ending right?

Yeah but that isn't exactly Frisk' actions. Even if it was, you don't actually have to kill anyone in Neutral, just that the others requirement for Pacifst aren't there.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
^^^

There's a reason Frisk's name is only revealed in the pacifist route. It's who they really are. Any time they kill someone, it's implied to be done against their will by either the Player or Chara (should they go far enough down that rabbit hole).

I see, but at the very least wouldn't standard battle assumptions remove his pacifism? Allowing for him to win? And since he seemingly has more determination than Chara ( as he's able to do stuff like saving mid battle a feat Chara was never determined enough for even when they were facing Sans) Chara would be unable to use save and load, no?

Oh yeah I guess Frisk can't really deal with his immortality or non-corporeality. So I guess this really is just a stalemate huh. :/

Honestly i think its a little...Pointless to use "bloodlusted" Frisk.

That's why Chara exists. After all. Now that i think about it. Couldn't Chara possess a bloodlusted Frisk?

It's not that we're using bloodlusted Frisk, but iirc standard battle assumptions dictates that he's willing to kill, he wouldn't do it any means necessary though like a bloodlusted version would

Well Chara is a big threat to everything ever. If Chara has his/her way, everything will die. Frisk was able to Spare Flowey because he/she knew that their was good in him, this doesn't apply to Chara. Frisk would possibly give up the Pacifist Way because of how much of a threat Chara is. Chara is freaking Serious about killing everything ever. Frisk would have to fight and defeat Chara (now whether or not he/she actually decides to kill Chara is beyond me). So now who would win? Frisk. Frisk tanked hits from a being with "Infinite Stats" because of how strong his/her determination was. Frisk would tank anything Chara can throw at him/her, and slowly chip away Chara's HP. Frisk wins. Now if Frisk does call for help from Friends, it's gonna be a lot easier to take out Chara because Sans can join in and team up with Frisk, taking out Chara a whole lot easier. Heck, Sans would probably finish the job knowing Frisk doesn't want to, Chara would then be perma-dead because Frisk has stronger determination, so Chara can't reset.

Th big issue isn't about who has better stats though, it's that Frisk can't harm a non-corporeal being and unless he goes genocide and kills everyone who kills for stats and exp (so essentially all gamers in the multiverse, possibly even beyond the scope of the Undertale game) then he can't put Chara down.

Blahblah9755 said:
Th big issue isn't about who has better stats though, it's that Frisk can't harm a non-corporeal being and unless he goes genocide and kills everyone who kills for stats and exp (so essentially all gamers in the multiverse, possibly even beyond the scope of the Undertale game) then he can't put Chara down.
Frisk's determination is stronger than Chara's. Frisk tanked hits from a being with infinite stats. So even if Chara does somehow kill Frisk, IT WOULD REFUSE! Frisk would get right back up and do what he has to do, put an end to Chara.

Again Frisk has no way to kill a non corporeal being, and he wouldn't massacre every gamer just to kill Chara, neither have anyway to put each other down.

So it'd be an endless battle, but let me tell you something. Chara is corporeal, if you do the Genocide Run, than do the Pacifist Run, after the credits, Chara takes over Frisk's body (it's theorized that Frisk sold his soul to Chara in the Genocide route in order to reset and try everything again). Chara became corporeal at that point. So that Chara vs a Pacifist Route Frisk is Frisk's battle to win as Frisk won't die against that kind of threat, he/she won't let Chara kill his/her friends. Frisk would defeat Chara.

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
So it'd be an endless battle, but let me tell you something. Chara is corporeal, if you do the Genocide Run, than do the Pacifist Run, after the credits, Chara takes over Frisk's body (it's theorized that Frisk sold his soul to Chara in the Genocide route in order to reset and try everything again). Chara became corporeal at that point. So that Chara vs a Pacifist Route Frisk is Frisk's battle to win as Frisk won't die against that kind of threat, he/she won't let Chara kill his/her friends. Frisk would defeat Chara.

It's not the same as pre-souless pacifist Chara. Chara by that point "maybe" is corporeal. But its still a concept.

Chara could just destroy the game, erasing all of Frisks friends, forcing Frisk to trade Chara his soul to get his friends back. And even that implies that Frisk was somehow spared by Chara and Chara isn´t just talking to the player.

Honestly, it depends on one small infintesimal detail, has Chara reached their absolute? if so then being a concept and incorporeal would seriously hurt Frisk's chances of winning here due to the fact that Chara at their absolute can destroy the game and by proxy the Reset button which is needed for a Reset, it doesn't matter how Determined you are, without that button Frisk is not gonna be able to Reset, however the whole 'Refusing to die' is still gonna play a part here, but it won't really help because Frisk was Determined to save her friends in her fight with Asriel, but now that Chara has destroyed the totality of Undertale's Multiverse, there is nothing left to Save. If Chara has not reached their absolute than it's a curbstomp in Frisk's favour.

@Holyhotsauce

1. Yes, Chara is at their absolute

2. This is max determination Frisk and the one which tanked hits from Asriel and if you look at his page he is infinite times stronger than Omega Flowey and Flowey is Stronger than Chara

3. The Resets are made by the player, and why would Frisk need that if they have a infinite higher durability?

Back