• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garfield General Discussion Thread (No, seriously.)

Garf is absolutely a composite-worthy character the same way that we have composite Godzilla and Mickey, etc.

Besides, I'm not entirely sure that the comics, games, shows and movie aren't all canon to each other

The thing is that Garfield still has his original comics going on with the same "canon", unlike most of the characters we composite. He still has a central canon, with everything else being just adaptations.

Although you could argue that the comics' canon is too vague fo that, or that other media are canon to the comics, but idk.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The thing is that Garfield still has his original comics going on with the same "canon", unlike most of the characters we composite. He still has a central canon, with everything else being just adaptations.
Although you could argue that the comics' canon is too vague fo that, or that other media are canon to the comics, but idk.
Well, for example, what contradictions between say, Garfield & Garfield & Friends are there?

G&F is a collection of shorts, some of which focus on US Acres/Orson's Farm.

AFAIK, Lyman's disappearance was never explained, so did G&F ever expand on that? Liz & Nermal seem the same. There's some characters that might be original to G&F. Does Binky the Clown or whatever his name is have comics appearances?

Supposing that WE do fail to meet the conditions to make Garfield a composite character. Are there other ways we could implement the content of other adaptations of him into his profile?

Why didn´t Garfield got Time Stop and Acausality type 1 per the stuff I provided in the past thread?

@Bobsician: Reading the thread....

Zark2099

I've added the "kicking Odie into next week" changes to Garfield's profile, but skipped Bobsican's proposal for Time stop and acausality, as they were done by one-off gadgets and not Garfield himself.

You can lock the page now.

18 hours ago

Garfield can have the time stop as optional equipment, and the Acausaily comes form a feat in his own part, as he had to escape the time loop he forced onto himself by himself, apparently.

Well, it's not my argument. You may wish to Message Zark2099 on his Message Wall, although if I were you, I'd be extra cautious & ask Antvasima for permission to do so first, but it may be acceptable to do so without Ant's permission.

Optional equipment is usually a recurring and/or significant object to the character's arsenal and the clock likely isn't either of those.

If we were to add every object a character has possessed, pages would be a nightmare.

Unsure about the acausality, but tbh it seems flukey since the Genie may be a factor within it.

Zark2099 said:
Optional equipment is usually a recurring and/or significant object to the character's arsenal and the clock likely isn't either of those.
"This is not to be confused with Optional Equipment, which can encompass anything that the character has owned or made use of for an extended period of time, regardless of whether or not it's usually on their person." - Standard Equipment

And no, the Genie wasn´t a factor beyond being the one inflicting the time loop to begin with.

Garfield didn't make use of it for an extended period of time (only one episode) and I don't think he owns it, unless it is explicitly stated so.

If that's so, then I think adding Acausality makes sense.

Quick question is Garfield actually a pretty weak 9-B? That calc linked above is like barely above baseline yeah?

Zark2099 said:
Garfield didn't make use of it for an extended period of time (only one episode) and I don't think he owns it, unless it is explicitly stated so.
Literally the whole episode

It appears in the end that episode suffered a pseudo retcon, but it likely an still apply as optional equipment.

Jackythejack said:
Quick question is Garfield actually a pretty weak 9-B? That calc linked above is like barely above baseline yeah?
Eh...I mean, he's taken a terminal velocity fall before. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a 9-A feat though

Only one episode. In which he breaks and loses it. For a character who has 40+ years of history. Extended.

Idk, it seems silly to add OP abilities to a character just 'cause. Makes our profiles look moronic at a casual glance.

Huh alright. But when it comes to Wall Level stuff he's barely above baseline.

The call says 16 kj and I think that's even less than Baldi

@Bobsican Well, it should recognizable in some regard, and depending on a character's history, should be there for atleast 5% of the character's appearances.

That's my assumption tho, you can get it clarified by an admin.

@Iapitus

Holy crap it is

Back