• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's mainly due to the fact that he's fast as **** and has enhanced reflexes, that's why for example we don't consider Geralt deflecting 2 arrows at point blank range a skill feat

it still require skill and precision, especially to have it look like you don't even have your sword at hand. The TLDR is that Gray is crazy skilled and so is Olga from MGS2 despite being aa random soldier and Snake scales above both

He is skilled enough to fight with Big Boss and Venom snake, both who are somewhat comparable to each other and have feats of their own.

BB can fight and destroy Volging who destroyed Snake in an early fight due to being defeated by the Boss.

BB Fought and defeated the Boss who created their own CQC, and she was able to take down Volging and Snake at the same time and even Volging was afraid of her.

BB also fought Gene who is a super soldier who makes me think of Vamp and defeated Jaeger Fox too who was very skilled in the ranks of Snake's army, people trained by him.

Fox, who is the best soldier trained by snake/BB was defeat by Solid when he was given a huge physical Amp due to the cyborg stuff.

Solid Snake also fought and defeated Vamp in CQC, Vamp who has precog due to seeing the most minuscule muscle movement and is another amped human. Vamp also has shown to be on par with Raiden who after the Big Shell incident traveled through the world training and having masters to the point his knowledge was compared to Big Boss by Solid Snake in MHS4

At the end he even fought Ocelot, another member of Big Boss army who was well versed in CQC too and had been constantly defeating Snake everytime they meet each other.

May I add that some of those were during Solid Snake worse times as the Fox Die along with the accelerated aging process was killing him

I know :p But we are talking swordsmanship right there. Geralt is the guywho does this after losing memory on daily, something which requires immense precision and perfect finger/arm movement along with pirouettes. I don't feel like bringing up all his stuff again since I've done that on few threads like Naughty Bear vs Geralt, sorry but I'm too tired. There's 3 games and 8 books of his stuff after all.

I meant the fact that Jack didn't use his HF Blade against Vamp, they had a knife duel as scouts. With HF he would probably obliterate Vamp's ass.

Makes sense, though doesn't change the fact that Snake rarely fought actual sword users. Vamp is a CQC/knife guy and Geralt is... Geralt. Combine it with Signs in-battle, he might have advantage with that.

Why are we even talking about Geralt's swordsmanship when he has no way of countering CQC since he won't know what is going on? There's no way he's gonna not get disharmed by a guy of at least comparable skill to him using a martial art unknown to him that is literally made to disharm opponents, and as soon as Snake gets his hands on Geralt it's pretty much game over

We are forgetting a few factors here

1. Geralt has his potions which amp his stats meaning he will be faster than snake and has Regenerationn to go with it

2. Signs play a major factor in this fight, If geralt uses aard and igni it will still damage snake/send him flying (Aard fully upgraded can one shot nekkers) quen completely nullifies his long range firearms and if he uses yrden or heliotrope snake is toast

3. Melee combat, which character has the longer reach can you guess? Geralt being the most skillful swordsman will keep snake away from getting to close because even tho geralt will need a several strikes to finish snake off he will still be able to cut his skin and even be able to pierce through snakes skin (tho that's highly unlikely)

Tho snake has his fair share of experience with really skilled swordsmen and if gets hold of geralt, geralt is most likely toast

Tho geralt does seem to have the winning edge over this

There's no regen on Geralt's profile, and don't forget that Snake is a great deal stronger, with far higher lifting strength, Geralt will have a hard time hurting him. Snake is used to fighting faster opponents (Vamp) and his Instinctive reactions can cover the gap no problem. Snake resists high temperatures and since he scales to Big Boss he no-sells flames. Snake is not naked tho, he still has aa sneaaking suit with durability at least comparable to his, so first Geralt has to pierce that, then Snake's skin. Snake's weapons aren't all restricted just his 8-A ones like the Stinger, he still has stuff like his dart gun, and Geralt has never seen gun, he won't know what is hitting him.

I'm obviously voting Snake, since his whhole fighting style is completely unknown to Geralt and revolvs around grappling, and as soon s Snake grapples Geralt he's gonna break every bone in his body

uh yes, you're right, i missed it. It's over time tho and iff it takes him a month to heal from a serious injury then it's surely not going to be a factor

Potions, so wounds that would take months to heal is gonna take him seconds. As seen with his encounter with the Unseen Elder.

Post-Mutation Geralt can heal from such wounds much faster tho, he healed from having his neck bitten by Dettlaff without needing potions.

from months to seconds? Gonna need some proof to believe that, also Dettlaff's bite wasn't serious at all, he didn't bite the neck off or anythhing of the sort, he just pierced the skin with his teeth and then let go, that's barely a Low regen feat

i-i don't understand, I can't find any statement regarding what you claimed in the video, are you implying that what the Elder did to Geralt could be considered a fatal wound? Because again, he simply bit into his neck, he didn't bite it off or anything of the sort, the profile mentions a "big hole" in his neck for justification for low-mid, and this injury is nowhere near that, regenerating from something like that is at best a mid-low feat

Yeah, Unseen Elder clearly went in to kill him, and he will kill you if you keep choosing the wrong dialogue options over and over again.

KLOL506 said:
Yeah, Unseen Elder clearly went in to kill him, and he will kill you if you keep choosing the wrong dialogue options over and over again.
still, him biting Geralt' neck is nowere near as severe as what supposedly happened in the books, because all the Elder did was bite into his neck, which would cause an injury that even aa mid-low regen could heaal

The injury Geralt got in book would have been letal for any human, but thank his healing abilities was able to survive, than, he was brought to an healer. When Sapkowski wrote that book, he had in mind that Geralt have to have an healing factor, mid-low level, but after that story, he completely forgot about his healing abilities, healing potion aside.That ability was brought back in games.

Twellas said:
There's no regen on Geralt's profile, and don't forget that Snake is a great deal stronger, with far higher lifting strength, Geralt will have a hard time hurting him. Snake is used to fighting faster opponents (Vamp) and his Instinctive reactions can cover the gap no problem. Snake resists high temperatures and since he scales to Big Boss he no-sells flames. Snake is not naked tho, he still has aa sneaaking suit with durability at least comparable to his, so first Geralt has to pierce that, then Snake's skin. Snake's weapons aren't all restricted just his 8-A ones like the Stinger, he still has stuff like his dart gun, and Geralt has never seen gun, he won't know what is hitting him.
I'm obviously voting Snake, since his whhole fighting style is completely unknown to Geralt and revolvs around grappling, and as soon s Snake grapples Geralt he's gonna break every bone in his body
Geralt entire fighting style is based around fighting opponents that are physically superior to himself, Like for example golems and and fiends

One is literally walking boulder that can destroy a house by just walking into it and the other has been called a mountain of muscle that can fatally wound witchers

Not to mention there is Saskia, a dragon comparable in strength to snake and geralt was able to match her

Also igni isn't your typical fire, Igni can set ablaze even opponents that are resistant to fire

Geralt will still be able to damage his limbs, Geralt doesn't even have to cut all the way through to actually make a limb useless

And the dart gun won't be effective, remember geralt is a lot faster than snake and snake being experienced with faster opponents won't help with his accuracy of his gun because geralt can is capable of parrying lighting bolts (There is the Alternative Yrden which literally negates any projectile)

And if snake manages to grab geralt it's quite likely geralt will use aard to get him off

Fighting a monster is a thing, fighting a man is completely different, you can see that stronger humanoids give him a lot more trouble than monsters.

Saskia isn't even comparable to Snake, she's 1,9 tons, Snake is 23,55, she's comparable in terms of lifting strength, and from what i know Geralt never fought her in human form.

Snake can bare minimum no sell flames, in MGS4 he tanks a prolongued exposure to microwaves that can vaporize people.

Will he? Can he get through both the armour AND the skin deep enough to actually impair a guy with that pain tolerance?

It actually will tho, because in his fight with Vamp he can hit him with guns despite Vamp being massively hypersonic. Bullets are also far smaller than arrows and less visible than lightning bolts, there won't even be an explosion or a sound since the gun is silenced.

Geralt is gonna aard himself? because CQC brings you on your opponent's back.

Aard hits everything around Geralt aside from Geralt himself so it might get rid of Snake doing infamous CQC hug on him

might, with that difference in lifting strength at best it's gonna startle him and make him take a few steps back

Well... if Snake gets sent flying then lfiting strength might not play big role. It's like a physical attack.

Back