• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Unoriginal Memes said:
So partially resistant to those forms of attacks.

Johnny has used his soul/mind attacks on people who have high resistance to those forms of attacks.
Nope, fully, youd need to prove that he can soulhax soulless beings to be able to argue that he could use soul manip on them

Ghost Rider still wins. He can trap Jasper in a pocket dimension, summon dozens of other Ghost Riders to overwhelm Jasper, transmutate Jasper, possess Jasper, etc.

Yeah, Jasper is kind of screwed here. She can't bypass his immortality or Regen, and all of her ways of incapacitation are out of character.

Isnt Ghost Rider baseline? Whats stopping this from being incon via Jasper just repeatedly oneshotting him?

The method in which he actually uts them in the pocket dimension kinda matters a lot here, if it requires him to physically place them there it aint gonna work

Another thing is the fact that the pennance stare's at least planetary, if not higher. I can grab the scan for that too if you want but the whole focusing thing shouldn't be an issue

I seriously doubt you need a physical brain to get Stared at.

Also, looking at the Gem Physiology page, only the physical bodies resist Soul/Mind Manipulation, while their gems are still vulnerable to it. All Johnny has to do is reduce Jasper to her gem, and use any of his soul/mind attacks.

Yes, it does. This is a direct quote from the page "Gem physiology also allow for a number of abilities to be partially resisted, usually in the form of physical bodies being immune but not their gemstones are not."

Also realize how it says "physical bodies" for basically every resistance. All you have to do is read.

Key word being 'usually'

Gems done have a full resistance to soul manip because there are verses that exist that have soul manip that works on soulless beings, so it had to be worded as such to prevent NLF

They're in partial because:

• Mind: There are characters who can mind control beings with no brain. Examples include Rohan Kishibe who does it with information hax, or Randall Flagg who canonically can control robots.
  • Soul: There might be verses in which you don't need to be an organic being to have a soul, and therefore, machines and AI can be soul haxed, since there is no rule for how "souls" work, so each verse can be different when it comes to this.
They have nothing to do with it being the body or the Gem.

It says their "physical bodies" right before explaining their resistances. The "usually" only applies for one of those resistances.

I mean, it's simple logic that anybody can understand.

If it applied to both the gem and the physical bodies, than the explanation wouldn't start with "Because their physcal bodies don't have".

WeeklyBattles said:
Key word being 'usually'
Gems done have a full resistance to soul manip because there are verses that exist that have soul manip that works on soulless beings, so it had to be worded as such to prevent NLF
I think this is literally just pucci when he gives people souls to manipulate

That just means those machines have souls in verse.

According to the thread we had it would be the opposite

Also digimon that can soulhax soulless beings

That Digimon example is apparently misstated. Also what thread was even had on this? I don't see how guy soulhaxes robot so robot must have had a soul makes less sense than "guy manipulates shit tuat isn't even there"

WeeklyBattles said:
According to the thread we had it would be the opposite

Also digimon that can soulhax soulless beings
Last time I checked we don't count digimon's soulless soul hax anymore because it ridiculous (despite there being multiple 1-As with 1-A time stop, which makes even less sense, and we count being able to mind hax mindless beings so not counting soul haxing soulless beings seems kinda dumb)

Edit: I bring this up because I think characters that have immunity to soul hax due to lacking souls should just have that be changed to resistance to soul manipulation rather than out right immunity.

If the machines have souls in verse, then Gems would be considered to have souls when fighting someone from that verse, because the show never actually says they don't have souls, we just make them souless because that's the standard for machines, so what really matters is how the other verse treats souls in robots.

Well it was more due to being contradictory, but we have 1-A time stop which is the definition of contradictory so...

We have stuff like "mind control mindless beings", "regenerate from nothing" or "erase the opponent from nonexistance", and we draw the line in Digimon soul hax?

Back