• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War vs Mirio Togata

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
This seems incredibly fair tbh. Speed UNEQUALIZED. They start 4 meters away from each other and have no previous knowledge whatsoever. Aside from that, SBA.

Mirio Lemillion
69624975 211759733147407 2409506222980160891 n

ElixirBlue said:
If Doppo doesn't lead with Pressure Points or one shot,
Why tho

Orochi might not have previous knowledge, but they're equals. Orochi will tank some hits that won't affect his mindset too much thanks to his insane pain resistance, understand what's going on, and just develop a counter measure. Then there's Sangan that makes Orochi have a 3.33x speed advantage and which he uses in this key, and then his skill advantage makes up for anything left.

I don't see how Doppo will deal with Mirio's blinding technique and Mirio's teleportation.

Teleportation? What?

And the technique only distracts you, it doesn't actually make you blind.

It's literally just going for your eye even though he phases through your head to make you react instinctively and close your eye.

Doppo lives in a world where people actually go for the eye as a standard possible tactic in a battle, and has massive pain resistance. I am not even sure is gonna get him the first time, but it isn't getting him a second time.

Doppo honestly outskills here, whether by much or by little doesn't matter. His "teleporting" around is not gonna save him for long, Doppo is gonna adapt, and the speed boost from Sangan is gonna make that much easier.

Oh wait, didn't see the speed unequal. That was my bad.

Though... 3x how or where? They are both Supersonic+ so Mirio is only 2 times faster at best if Doppo is baseline Supersonic+, and how much he gets boosted with permation is unknown.

What version of Doppo is this?

Maximum Tournament Doppo will likely be scaling to low supersonic values like KGiffoni said. But prime Doppo scales to a casual Yujiro at about Mach 7. If it's Baki Dou Doppo he likely also scales to Mach 7 just no Sangan boost added on.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Doppo lives in a world where people actually go for the eye as a standard possible tactic in a battle, and has massive pain resistance. I am not even sure is gonna get him the first time, but it isn't getting him a second time.
The dude has had his eye gauged out and even that only slightly phased him.

Except Mirio isn't aiming to hurt his eye, only covering it with his own body as he phases through it.

ElixirBlue said:
Except Mirio isn't aiming to hurt his eye, only covering it with his own body as he phases through it.
Which means nothing to him. If having it ripped out doesn't cause a problem, a hand closing in to it will not, either.

He didn't become one of the best by closing his eyes whenever a hit is closing in to his face.

Lemme see this

First off, Doppo I think is stronger, since he downscales 8B at least I think

He's far more skilled, much more versatile outside of his quirk, and has incredible pain tolerance to deal with Mirio

Did I miss anything?

Mirio is also 3x faster, can phase through Doppo's attacks that effect parts of his body Doppo is hitting while still landing a blow on Doppo at the same time, and can phase through the ground and pop up instantly anywhere Mirio plans out.

No he is not. He would be Hypersonic if her were three times as fast. At most he is 2.5 times faster, but regardless he is far faster with Sangan.

And Doppo is simply too skilled for him. Tactics like phasing a part he is trying to hit while landing a blow is basic, because beyond the phasing part it's just taking a hit to give one, which is never working. Any attack he tries to aim at him is easily dodged or redirected or his hand is simply broken before the attack lands.

He also isn't oneshotting, and his quirk is not going to work that much with Doppo being awere of it.

ElixirBlue said:
Mirio is also 3x faster, can phase through Doppo's attacks that effect parts of his body Doppo is hitting while still landing a blow on Doppo at the same time, and can phase through the ground and pop up instantly anywhere Mirio plans out.
Mirio Supersonic+ to Doppo's Supersonic+ to possibly Hypersonic+ so faster is an immediate no.

Dipping can just resist said hits through his pain resistance though

KGiffoni said:
Mirio Togata scales to Mach 3.08, Orochi to Mach 1.1
How do you scale to 1.1 while being Supersonic+? The mininum is 2.5.

Either you have this information wrong, or Doppo's page needs to be tweaked.

Ok I'm just gonna assume this is Prime Doppo.

Physically he scales to 8-B for being able to "stun" a casual Yujiro with punches. Baseline 8-B but still above Mirio I think.

Speed wise he scales to Mach 6.8 due to matching a casual Yujiro and he scales to an unknown degree above that with Sangan. Sangan allowed him to react to attacks that were previously blitzing him.

Skill wise I think most people agree Doppo is way more skilled and experienced than Mirio. Pain tolerance and pressure points also help him a lot.

Doppo takes this.

@KGiffoni

Doppo's second key will be downgraded to supersonic but we still gotta finish those speed revisions hopefully soon.

@Schnee

Oh ok well given that the match becomes a lot closer. Doppo is obviously physically weaker in this key but the two keys are still comparable in strength. Speed wise Doppo is slower than his prime key but still scales to around Mach 6.8 more or less. He doesn't have Sangan though to amp his speed so that's his absolute max. I'd still have to give it to Doppo via superior speed, endurance and skill along with being comparable in power. This is a close one though for sure.

The fact that Mirio needs to be able to hit him at all in the first place, and Doppo is way more skilled and is gonna grow used to his tactics soon enough.

Mirio has selective intangibility. He can leave most of his body intangible while making only the soles of his feet and front of his fists tangible for instance.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Mirio has selective intangibility. He can leave most of his body intangible while making only the soles of his feet and front of his fists tangible for instance.
Then Seiken whatever connects

Schnee One said:
Skill and Speed Amps
This most definitely counters Mirio's speed Amps especially at close range where his CQC options are limited and Doppo is far more skilled and his speed will let him land hits before going Intangible

Mirio also has a massive mobility advantage. By dropping into the ground then becoming fully tangible, he psudo teleports himself in whatever direction his body is pointing. He's able to keep track of himself while underground too. He's able to blitz an entire class of less experienced students and was beating 3 or 4 major villians and only lost when he went to protect a little girl.

Back