• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo VS Makima • (13-2-1) • Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that Mahoraga somehow adapted to deflect an attack that spawns on an opponent (with a physical movement to deflect said attack), instead of the much more likely conclusion that Dismantle just doesn't spawn on the opponent?
Yes? That's quite literally his technique. We're talking about the dude who adapted to infinite pressure because Sukuna tanked some light attacks from Yorozu's metal earlier. Sukuna being surprised at the adaption is also a pretty big indicator that something wonky was going on.

Furthermore, we recently saw his slashes spawning on Yuji from several different angles as Yuji continued to walk through them, Sukuna clearly is manifesting his attacks and not sending them flying from his person.
This happened because Sukuna DESTROYED Gojo's Domain. He was not attempting to get in or out of the domain, he was simply attempting to make it collapse.
Mahitos domain was destroyed, you can clearly see that the domain is collapsing around Nanami and Mahito when Yuji enters.

Look at Sukuna, you see the starry sky around him? That's his innate domain.

You see Mahito? In both panels the background behind him is white, just as it was prior to Mahito expanding his domain. Why isn't Mahito in a place with the same background?
What Yuji did was just make a hole in the Domain, like Megumi did with Dagon's domain. This clearly does not destroy the domain, and simply allows someone to go in or out. The technique was still very much active.
Megumi made a hole by making a new territory on the border itself, creating a separate boundary. Yuji broke through the weakened outside of the barrier with pure force which is the same way Sukuna destroyed gojo's domains initially.

Last edited:
Can anyone send me their Makima arguments?

I still don't feel that the arguments against Conquest working are very convincing. This explanation from a blog is a bit of a lengthy one, but it covers my thoughts pretty well:

In comparison however, Makima’s best winning ability is far easier to land, with Gojo lacking proper counters: Control. Her using Control on someone like Gojo would not be out of character. She has no reason to view him as something special just because he is strong, considering she has seen plenty of equally strong foes in the past anyways, and it is not like she is trying to hide her identity as the Control Devil during this fight. Due to Control specifically going after the mind (Control is stated to target the brain), it would bypass Infinity completely, and once she lands it Gojo will be under her grip with no method of breaking out.

Makima can tell Gojo to turn off Infinity and let himself be obliterated by her devils, can order him to straight up kill himself, can seal away or alter his memories so he forgets how to do anything, can change his personality to the point where he acts like a dog, or can force him to make a contract with her and thus be under her control forever. Gojo being able to quickly break out of Hanami’s Flower Field does not mean he would be able to resist Control, as that technique specifically reduces will-power, and is far less impressive than what we have seen Control do: bypassing layered memory manipulation, altering senses, dominating minds with a word, and more.

Gojo has two arguments related to Reverse Cursed Technique for escaping the grip of Control, though both have clear issues. The first argument is that due to constantly refreshing his brain 24/7 to keep Infinity passive, Gojo’s brain would just immediately turn Control off. However, this refresh is specifically just keeping his brain from tiring out so he can optimize the usage of his Cursed Energy. There is no reason to assume it would break a mental grip on him outright.

The second argument is that Gojo has shown to be able to destroy a specific part of his brain, and then immediately heal it, in order to reuse Domain Expansion. It has been shown in Chainsaw Man that most mental attacks specifically target the brain, and Nayuta states herself that Control targets the brain. Thus, it would actually make sense that Gojo destroying his brain temporarily would disrupt Control, and thus let him break out.

The crucial flaw with this argument is that once Gojo is under Control, he would not be capable of independent thought. So he would not be able to try and destroy his brain and escape Control in the first place. Even then, assuming Gojo would conclude that brain destruction would counter mind control in the first place is odd, as mind control is a power he has never had to deal with at all, and destroying part of his own brain to counter mind control is something he has never thought of nor used the brain destruction for in the first place.

One could argue that the Angel Devil and Power breaking out of Control could imply that Gojo could escape it through sheer will power, though both of those examples are very context specific. For Angel, they got their lost memories back by seeing Aki go through the exact same experience they had gone through when Makima originally put them under Control, and in the same location as well. Even after breaking out, Makima just put Angel under Control again right after.

As for Power, it is rather vague, though it could be due to her being helped by Pochita, or a similar case to Angel where she was reminded of her past. Power’s instance of resisting Control could also simply be a case of her resisting mind control, rather than the scene itself being an anti-feat for Control. Regardless of the interpretation, Gojo would not be able to replicate it regardless of how it was countered: he would not have outside influence like Pochita, he would not have any reason to have some huge will enhancing flashback as nothing in the fight would prompt previous memories, and Gojo himself has not shown a resistance to mind control.

Additionally, Gojo has no argument to counter his memories or personality being altered whatsoever, especially since Makima’s memory power would be layered.

Gojo's mere presence strikes fear in people. Don't see why Makima would believe herself to be superior.
9.jpg
10.jpg

Hell, his birth alone shifted the balance of the entire world
11.jpg

Nothing seems to imply this is a result of Cursed Energy. The the argument that Makima couldn't pick up on this seems asinine to me. But let's steelman this argument. And assume it is Cursed Energy based (Not sure why it'd affect the balance of the ENTIRE world if only a small portion can actually sense his presence...).

Even people who can't sense Cursed Energy are put into a hysteric state of fear
33.jpg
37.jpg

Here's Itadori before gaining access to Cursed Energy and the ability to pick up on it feeling the "pressure" of Cursed Energy inducing fear in him.
w01N9Zu.jpeg

A waiter feeling if they head over to Geto's table they'll die.

In some other people, it even induces sickness:
12.jpg

So even if we argue it's the result of Cursed Energy as opposed to something unique to Gojo (Which seems to be the case to me... but ofc feel free to disagree), people who can't ordinarily sense Cursed Energy feels fear when it is being expelled/exuded. Though I do think this being a thing unique to Gojo seems more likely given his presence was able to alter the balance of the world itself and cause Curses to become stronger just from being born.

Gojo's mere presence strikes fear in people. Don't see why Makima would believe herself to be superior.
I've mentioned this before, but Makima showed no reaction to the presence of Darkness Devil. Pingtsi merely feeling the Darkness Devil's gaze made her desperate to kill herself.

The big flaw regarding this argument however is Makima’s knowledge of Gojo. With the two meeting up in a theoretical versus scenario where neither has any prior knowledge about the other, Makima would know nothing of Gojo’s accomplishments and status. While Gojo when he was younger was shown to be able to scare hitmen with a simple glare, which could be used to argue that his presence alone would impress Makima, this alone is not enough of an argument. Similar cases of characters having imposing presences have existed in Chainsaw Man, including both potent humans like Quanxi or absurdly strong monsters such as the Darkness Devil. Now obviously, Makima did not Control these characters. But that is not the point. The point is Gojo simply being intimidating is nothing noteworthy compared to what Makima has seen in the past. In fact, she herself can be just as intimidating as Gojo can be. Thus, Gojo simply being “scary” is not enough of an argument to say that Makima would see him as above her.

I've mentioned this before, but Makima showed no reaction to the presence of Darkness Devil. Pingtsi merely feeling the Darkness Devil's gaze made her desperate to kill herself.
But people like Pingsti and the other Devils have knowledge of how powerful the Darkness Devil and would thus have logical reason to fear them. The people who had no knowledge of them showcased no such issue. Quanxi even explicitly notes it's only affecting fiends.

Worst case scenario this is fear manip that only affects Fiends, best case scenario it's social influencing due to the Fiends knowing just how dangerous the Darkness Devil is. It doesn't help they seemed partially disturbed by the fact they were in hell which is pretty ruthless.

These don't seem exactly comparable to me.
The big flaw regarding this argument however is Makima’s knowledge of Gojo. With the two meeting up in a theoretical versus scenario where neither has any prior knowledge about the other, Makima would know nothing of Gojo’s accomplishments and status. While Gojo when he was younger was shown to be able to scare hitmen with a simple glare, which could be used to argue that his presence alone would impress Makima, this alone is not enough of an argument. Similar cases of characters having imposing presences have existed in Chainsaw Man, including both potent humans like Quanxi or absurdly strong monsters such as the Darkness Devil. Now obviously, Makima did not Control these characters. But that is not the point. The point is Gojo simply being intimidating is nothing noteworthy compared to what Makima has seen in the past. In fact, she herself can be just as intimidating as Gojo can be. Thus, Gojo simply being “scary” is not enough of an argument to say that Makima would see him as above her.
But Gojo's presence goes beyond just "fear". It was compared to an athletic accomplishment that was broken and forcing others to do better to even come close to competing. It seems explicit that it'd cause Makima to feel inferior in addition to feeling fearful.

Also did Quanxi have an imposing aura? I honestly forgot tbh...

But people like Pingsti and the other Devils have knowledge of how powerful the Darkness Devil and would thus have logical reason to fear them. The people who had no knowledge of them showcased no such issue. Quanxi even explicitly notes it's only affecting fiends.
The Fiends cannot know about Darkness Devil, the Darkness Devil exists in hell while the Fiends are from earth. It's just likely due to only Devils/Fiends being able to tell what was happening. Pingtsi knew Darkness' name via her ability.

Funnily enough, while Gojo having a fear aura isn't on his profile, Darkness does have both fear and madness hax listed.

Funnily enough, while Gojo having a fear aura isn't on his profile,
When did he show a fear aura? I remember Yuji stating Yuta's was creepy while Gojo's wasn't. Same with Sukuna's aura. Regardless though fear auras like these aren't very effective besides giving a scare.

The Fiends cannot know about Darkness Devil, the Darkness Devil exists in hell while the Fiends are from earth. It's just likely due to only Devils/Fiends being able to tell what was happening. Pingtsi knew Darkness' name via her ability.
Fiends are humans possessed by Devils who originate from hell. Granted if they die in hell, they don't remember anything from their past life If I recall?

But looking back at the scene, it looked more like they were disturbed by the fact they were in hell than the Darkness Devil itself. Seemed like Pingtsi was the only way deathly afraid of Darkness Devil, and due to their ability they'd likely understand how dangerous they are.

I think this is supported by the fact that only Fiends were affected. Devils weren't affected the same way as Fiends, nor were humans.

And if we're arguing their lack of knowledge is what kept them from being afraid as your say here, this seems to be more social influencing than fear manip. Otherwise such a factor wouldn't matter.
Funnily enough, while Gojo having a fear aura isn't on his profile, Darkness does have both fear and madness hax listed.
Common JJK profile L. Didn't even know it was listed on Darkness Devil's profile tbh. And they don't even list why they have in on the profile 😭

If we have to ignore Gojo's aura cuz it's not listed on his profile, then the fear manip induced by Cursed Energy should still be applicable methinks. He does have Cursed Energy manip on his page, so I wager that would at least be fine to bring up here. In which case Makima would feel fearful in Gojo's presence. I would find it hard to believe she'd think she's superior to someone she's unexplainably fearful of.

9.jpg
10.jpg

Hell, his birth alone shifted the balance of the entire world
11.jpg

Nothing seems to imply this is a result of Cursed Energy. The the argument that Makima couldn't pick up on this seems asinine to me. But let's steelman this argument. And assume it is Cursed Energy based (Not sure why it'd affect the balance of the ENTIRE world if only a small portion can actually sense his presence...).

Even people who can't sense Cursed Energy are put into a hysteric state of fear
33.jpg
37.jpg

Here's Itadori before gaining access to Cursed Energy and the ability to pick up on it feeling the "pressure" of Cursed Energy inducing fear in him.
w01N9Zu.jpeg

A waiter feeling if they head over to Geto's table they'll die.

In some other people, it even induces sickness:
12.jpg

So even if we argue it's the result of Cursed Energy as opposed to something unique to Gojo (Which seems to be the case to me... but ofc feel free to disagree), people who can't ordinarily sense Cursed Energy feels fear when it is being expelled/exuded. Though I do think this being a thing unique to Gojo seems more likely given his presence was able to alter the balance of the world itself and cause Curses to become stronger just from being born.
Regardless though fear auras like these aren't very effective besides giving a scare.
Ya are analyzing something that isn't very impressive when discussing the use of fear manipulation auras. Gojo's fear aura isn't doing shit to those comparable to him nor is it a constant aura

Ya are analyzing something that isn't very impressive when discussing the use of fear manipulation auras. Gojo's fear aura is doing shit to those comparable to him nor is it a constant aura
The point isn't that Makima shakes to death out of fear... It would just not let Makima think she is superior out the bat and thus not be able to immediately take control of him.

The power of someone is irrelevant to how Gojo's aura affects someone. That'd come down to resistances unless outright stated.

I had a whole post in the works explaining why Gojo can't block shit that spawns on him but my ass does NOT care no more

This is covered by the argument. I know it's long, but please read all of it.

She sees humans the same way humans see dogs. She inherently believes herself to be superior.

This will likely be removed, but either way just knowing his name won't make her think she isn't superior.

This also summarizes my thoughts on her just percieving Gojo as Him.

Actually Makima not being able to control the darkness devil and Quanxi is the point since Makima didn’t view them as inferior to her enough to control. So actually Gojo being intimidating and having a pressure is enough to stop Makima from being able to control him since there’s no proof she’d view Gojo as “inferior” to her so that she could control him.

She may not be intimidated or scared of Gojo’s presence, but that’s not the same as Makima viewing Gojo as inferior to her.

Like, Gojo just does not have a way to make Makima think "I am inferior to this dog (human)", before he falls under Conquest. Seeing a scary dog wouldn't make you believe that it is a superior existence.

Actually Makima not being able to control the darkness devil and Quanxi is the point since Makima didn’t view them as inferior to her enough to control.
Makima had prior knowledge on Darkness Devil as a nigh-omnipotent Primordial Fear. She also had prior knowledge of Quanxi as the strongest Devil Hunter.
Most significantly, neither of them are human. Gojo is.

Like, Gojo just does not have a way to make Makima think "I am inferior to this dog (human)", before he falls under Conquest. Seeing a scary dog wouldn't make you believe that it is a superior existence.
A dog with an aura that inexplicably induces fear in you to a degree where if you feel you approach you'll die definitely would. Me personally anyway. I wouldn't **** with a dog like that.

The point isn't that Makima shakes to death out of fear... It would just not let Makima think she is superior out the bat and thus not be able to immediately take control of him.

The power of someone is irrelevant to how Gojo's aura affects someone. That'd come down to resistances unless outright stated.
Not my point. His aura is just a social influence one, his birth altered the state of the world because now everyone around has to get stronger due to a bigger threat essentially. The page you posted compares him to a record breaker and everyone else around starts to train more, to be stronger themselves.

Someone like Makima, who already holds a status of power, being a four horseman and being the strongest of them isn't gonna think much of Gojo's status. Even while fighting devils like the Gun devil or a primal Devil like Darkness she never acted in a way that would imply she considered herself inferior to them.

Yes he does, it’s from his passive presence which would be felt immediately. Seeing and feeling fear over something doesn’t make you think “this thing is inferior to me” in fact if anything the fact that fear is being felt by Makima would display that she wouldn’t think she’s above him.
Makima had prior knowledge on Darkness Devil as a nigh-omnipotent Primordial Fear. She also had prior knowledge of Quanxi as the strongest Devil Hunter.
Most significantly, neither of them are human. Gojo is.
That makes him even scarier since to her, he’d have inexplicable abilities that no human should ever have on their own. So the fact that he does have these powers only makes it less likely she’d consider him inferior due to him being vastly different than the humans she’s accustomed to.

Not my point. His aura is just a social influence one, his birth altered the state of the world because now everyone around has to get stronger due to a bigger threat essentially. The page you posted compares him to a record breaker and everyone else around starts to train more, to be stronger themselves.

Someone like Makima, who already holds a status of power, being a four horseman and being the strongest of them isn't gonna think much of Gojo's status. Even while fighting devils like the Gun devil or a primal Devil like Darkness she never acted in a way that would imply she considered herself inferior to them.
But it's not social influencing though? Just seeing Gojo struck complete and utter feat into the dude who was just about to kill him. With his influence being compared to a record breaker. The dude didn't even know anything about Gojo outside of his name and that he inherited the Six Eyes. Which didn't induce any level of fear in him. But after glancing at Gojo he was completely shook and opted for just going into hiding. If it were social influencing, Jiro would've been scared the moment he heard of Gojo's position.

Nor did she ever control either of the devils? You'd have a point if she just started ordering them around, but that never happened. Just instead just attacked both. So nothing indicates she believed herself to be superior either. That's an assertion you made.

True, but given Gojo's barrier encloses as fast as 0.2 seconds (at maximum), it won't take very long if he's bloodlusted.

Plus, even if she does Mind control him before the barrier fully encloses, Gojo's domain wouldn't collapse regardless, and Makima would still be hit by UV.
Is there any response to this?

Is there any response to this?
Victims of Conquest lose all independant thought, only receiving it again upon Makima's choosing (usually after some memory alteration). Gojo would stop using any and all techniques when Conquest hits him.

But it's not social influencing though? Just seeing Gojo struck complete and utter feat into the dude who was just about to kill him. With his influence being compared to a record breaker. The dude didn't even know anything about Gojo outside of his name and that he inherited the Six Eyes. Which didn't induce any level of fear in him. But after glancing at Gojo he was completely shook and opted for just going into hiding. If it were social influencing, Jiro would've been scared the moment he heard of Gojo's position.
I've gotta ask... how do we know this doesn't have to do with feeling his power/CE? Non-Sorcerers (barring the special Zenins) have never reacted Gojo's aura.

Victims of Conquest lose all independant thought, only receiving it again upon Makima's choosing (usually after some memory alteration). Gojo would stop using any and all techniques when Conquest hits him.
One, this isn't even true because Conquest has never deactivated an ability that someone was using simply because they lost independent thought. Two, this doesn't address the fact that the enclosure of Gojo's domain is probably faster than Conquest

Nor did she ever control either of the devils? You'd have a point if she just started ordering them around, but that never happened. Just instead just attacked both. So nothing indicates she believed herself to be superior either. That's an assertion you made.
That is social influence. His birth as the six eyes user started the process of growing stronger in the society. The guy got scared cuz he saw Gojo have the six eyes thats blatantly what's show and emphasized here. And this one instance or even two or three are not indicative of this aura being fear based or constant. Gojo walks around all day casually not scaring people, he fights people and they are not struck with fear even while being vastly below him. Did we all forget Jogo fighting him and not being scared cuz he didn't think much of him?

One, this isn't even true because Conquest has never deactivated an ability that someone was using simply because they lost independent thought.
If Gojo cannot use his brain, he cannot use his technique. If Gojo fell unconscious while casting UV, then UV would cease.

Two, this doesn't address the fact that the enclosure of Gojo's domain is probably faster than Conquest
I mean, it's faster than Angel Devil swinging his sword just a few centimetres from Makima's face. An entire sword swing is like 0.35s iirc, so the 0.2s thing likely is meaningless.

If Gojo cannot use his brain, he cannot use his technique. If Gojo fell unconscious while casting UV, then UV would cease.
Gojo, can in fact, use Cursed Techniques while he's unconscious. He, quite literally, continued to utilize Reversed Curse Technique after he'd gone unconscious from Toji stabbing him in the head.
mean, it's faster than Angel Devil swinging his sword just a few centimetres from Makima's face. An entire sword swing is like 0.35s iirc, so the 0.2s thing likely is meaningless.
1. That needs a source.

2. That's a difference of .15 seconds, which is more than enough time to overload Makima's brain with a few months worth of information.

I've gotta ask... how do we know this doesn't have to do with feeling his power/CE? Non-Sorcerers (barring the special Zenins) have never reacted Gojo's aura.
The dude trying to kill him was able to identify and locate Gojo (Presumably he'd have detected his Cursed Energy. It doesn't require eye contact). It was only after spotting him that it had any affect. And I'd assume non-sorcerers haven't reacted to it because Gojo doesn't try to impose his aura on them? My guess anyway. I would think he can filter it out similarly to how Cursed Spirits don't spook every person unless they wanna.
That is social influence. His birth as the six eyes user started the process of growing stronger in the society. The guy got scared cuz he saw Gojo have the six eyes thats blatantly what's show and emphasized here. And this one instance or even two or three are not indicative of this aura being fear based or constant. Gojo walks around all day casually not scaring people, he fights people and they are not struck with fear even while being vastly below him. Did we all forget Jogo fighting him and not being scared cuz he didn't think much of him?
Yeah... not everyone is affected because Gojo doesn't have the intent to make everyone around him shit bricks. He explicitly told those two to get lost. Him seeing the Six Eyes and loosing it also isn't indicative of Social Influencing when the mention of it prior caused zero concern from him. If him looking them in the eyes caused inexplicable fear, that's like text-book fear manip. Even if quite limited. You don't really elaborate what sets this apart from traditional fear manip to make this a result of a social issue. I think it being limited fear manip is okay. But it's not like Gojo showed them their power and they pissed their pants from the difference between them.

Gojo, can in fact, use Cursed Techniques while he's unconscious. He, quite literally, continued to utilize Reversed Curse Technique after he'd gone unconscious from Toji stabbing him in the head.

1. That needs a source.

2. That's a difference of .15 seconds, which is more than enough time to overload Makima's brain with a few months worth of information.
To be fair, the Domain being casted is actually faster than 0.2 seconds. 0.2 seconds is the duration for which it takes affect. The expansion is quicker as it reaches everyone on that floor of the subway station before the duration is up. It can essentially blitz people comparable to him for at least tens of meters, and possibly far further depending on how large Shibuya station's bottom floor is (Or whatever floor Gojo was on). But it would be quicker than Makima could react, yeah.

It's a TK force projectile, though, if anything. Not sure Infinity covers that.
I don't think it really matters. Sorry that I'm so late, but I just wanted to jump in after finally remembering my login password. From what I remember, Gojo's infinity is directly related to the whole story of the turtle and the man or whatever it was where he'd continuously run after the turtle but no matter what he'd always be a bit behind it. That's basically Gojo's thing. If it's a projectile, it's moving. Gojo isn't really stopping it, but rather making it feel that it's being stopped through forcing it to go through an infinite distance, so unless Makima's thing is like infinite speed or higher, I don't see it doing anything

Yeah... not everyone is affected because Gojo doesn't have the intent to make everyone around him shit bricks. He explicitly told those two to get lost. Him seeing the Six Eyes and loosing it also isn't indicative of Social Influencing when the mention of it prior caused zero concern from him. If him looking them in the eyes caused inexplicable fear, that's like text-book fear manip. Even if quite limited. You don't really elaborate what sets this apart from traditional fear manip to make this a result of a social issue. I think it being limited fear manip is okay. But it's not like Gojo showed them their power and they pissed their pants from the difference between them.
His birth is what caused social influence, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Seeing the six eyes in person is what scared Jiro and Granny though, and we know how auras usually go, its represented as wavy thick lines, thats present in the panel. And okay, since Gojo doesn't have the intent to make everyone around shit bricks, he doesnt even do this against curses, yet we're arguing as though this will randomly be done against Makima?

Nothing stated he was unconscious, in chapter 74 he said he gave up on fighting back when he was stabbed in the head and focused entirely on RCT.

1. That needs a source.
Here.

An entire swing is 0.35s. As you can see, Angel was at the end of his swing and mere centimetres from Makima.

Of the examples I and others have posted:
  • The curse users didn't even take Kid Gojo seriously, they saw assassinating Gojo as a first come first serve competition to hit a jackpot and didn't expect it to be difficult
  • Naoya, Yuji and Choso didn't even see Yuta, they just felt his aura
  • Daido is literally a regular human and his aura still had the same effect as Yuta's
  • That random waiter can't even see curses nor knows what they are and was still fearing for his life at the presence of the disaster curses
  • Toji who sees curses with the 5 human senses felt the presence of a single finger of Sukuna from across Shibuya which caused him, Megumi and Jogo to temporarily freeze
Makima not having prior knowledge on who Gojo is doesn't matter.
Our point isn't that Gojo would fear hax Makima, the point is that if a Bang (which is what a bloodlusted Makima is most likely to lead with) fails to kill off Gojo coupled with Gojo's aura affecting Makima then Conquest wouldn't work anymore at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back