• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gordon Freeman is slightly taller than currently accepted

I have watched that video and noticed that too, however I'm currently working on fixing all the calcs based off the Dauntless Wolf video where he used an in-universe measurement decal to get the replacement height, as seen with the "New Calculation" thing.

Given how that video also goes over how the merch height scaling is inconsistent and then moved to the in-universe ruler for the actual scale used at the end (didn't you do a calc like that?), I would consider things the 2.4cm per hammer unit (172.8cm) scale of higher priority than based off some merch that may be hard/impossible to get.

True, but I would say that has more to do with mod/map creation (using the engine for non-power scaling purposes) rather than actual canon measurements, given that having two scales at the same time doesn't really make sense.

Also Source Spaghetti isn't really inconsistent outside of Source Filmmaker (and even then, it was still consistent enough that fixes could be implemented for certain things) and, as far as I am aware, there aren't bugs that effect the measurement or scale in any source engine game in any drastic shape or form. So the only thing really left to decide is whether to use the merch or the measurement decal for the scaling. Either way, all the HL feats get upgraded by an unnoticable amount.

Back