• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
deoxys black triangle survives the explosion of the meteor, and then deoxys proceeds to destroy it, can we put that in the ap section as well?

Well that is because of Deoxys having garbage defense stats in its Normal Form, but we don't consider base stats for scaling. That said, it will definitely have the likes of "higher with Attack Form" for AP, "higher with Defense Form" for Durability, and "higher with Speed Form" for Speed
I mean I am concerned because rayquaza is normally able to fight deoxys with in other media so it seems odd is is able to hold its own even briefly against mega rayquaza.
It was shown in the Generations specials that Mega Ray more or less dominates the entire fight, but indeed Deoxys can manage to keep up slightly thanks to form change iirc.
It was able to dodge and briefly block with speed and defense form respectively but it doesn’t look like it even used attack form.
deoxys black triangle survives the explosion of the meteor, and then deoxys proceeds to destroy it, can we put that in the ap section as well?
The generations episode shows it might actually just be the triangle.

I mean I am concerned because rayquaza is normally able to fight deoxys with in other media so it seems odd is is able to hold its own even briefly against mega rayquaza.
Other media is irrelevant. This is a canon split, after all

Btw here is a sandbox for Meowth's favorite waifu Meowscarada. But i have a few questions to ask

1. The AP, Durability, speed, etc mixes anime and manga. Is there any accepted calcs for the game only versions of these mons
2. How do I handle scans and references. I feel like its redundant when i can just link Bulbapedia at the end.
3. Any suggestions about the sandbox? What do you think of it

Bump.

What is the statistics of the game version
Currently, it's:

At most Low 7-B | 7-A | High 7-A

The 7-A comes from scaling to 1/10 of the final evos (Girafarig is 1/10 as strong as Farigiraf). Final evos might become 6-C (though it's barely above baseline) if my Abomasnow calc is accepted

and megas and gigantamax go back to being just 2x instead of 5 not that it ever made sense to scale gigantamax 5x to megas, but this happened before i could question it so, oh well

The 5x came from an anime thing, where some random ass Centiskorch Gigantamaxes and suddenly it takes the combined power of Ash's Pikachu, Dragonite, and Riolu to push back its attack

With the new scaling, yeah that kinda just falls flat, even for the anime canon. Should stick to being 2x via scaling above Thick Club Marowak and Huge Power/Pure Power Pokemon

Currently, it's:

The 7-A comes from scaling to 1/10 of the final evos (Girafarig is 1/10 as strong as Farigiraf). Final evos might become 6-C (though it's barely above baseline) if my Abomasnow calc is accepted
Send me the Abomasnow calc link, i'll harash ask some of the calc members to evaluate it

Okay.
AP

Speed
Lifting Strength
Durability
Stamina
Range
Intelligence

Need calcs and accepted guidelines for the rest.

for lifting strengh we have this one of meowstic, idk if it is considered a final evo level tho, but we also have this for machamp

inteligence i think it stays the same? like, most of our profiles have the games in mind i guess?

durability would scale to ap

not sure about the rest tho

Massively Hypersonic+ for the first two stages (scaling to lightning-based attacks), FTL for final stages (scaling from Golem's calc)
Lifting Strength
If it can learn Strength:

Class K | Class K | Class G

If it can't learn Strength:

Class 10 | Class 25 | Class G

These are all based on calcs I put in the superblog. If anyone has any issues with this scaling, please let me know, as it's the one I'm the most iffy on. Machamp's Class T calc would scale to Mega Evolutions and Gigantamaxes
Durability
Same as AP
Stamina
Range
Intelligence
Stamina and Intelligence should be the same as what we have now, but I'm not sure about Range tbh

Massively Hypersonic+ for the first two stages (scaling to lightning-based attacks), FTL for final stages (scaling from Golem's calc)

If it can learn Strength:

Class K | Class K | Class G

If it can't learn Strength:

Class 10 | Class 25 | Class G

These are all based on calcs I put in the superblog. If anyone has any issues with this scaling, please let me know, as it's the one I'm the most iffy on. Machamp's Class T calc would scale to Mega Evolutions and Gigantamaxes

Same as AP

Stamina and Intelligence should be the same as what we have now, but I'm not sure about Range tbh
Thanks. This is all I needed.

actually, even baby pokemon can learn solar beam, at least one, i checked and budew can
While I haven't found where Budew can learn Solar Beam via leveling, Pokémon like Bulbasaur, Oddish, Sunkern, and Cherubi are perfectly capable of learning it via leveling up, so there's that.

now that i think about it, shouldn't the lighting dodging be calculated like the ftl wass? because i have saw lighting dodging earning massively hypersonic results instead of massively hypersonic+

now that i think about it, shouldn't the lighting dodging be calculated like the ftl wass? because i have saw lighting dodging earning massively hypersonic results instead of massively hypersonic+
If it's just like how the FTL calc went, then it would be slightly above lightning speed

While I haven't found where Budew can learn Solar Beam via leveling, Pokémon like Bulbasaur, Oddish, Sunkern, and Cherubi are perfectly capable of learning it via leveling up, so there's that.
TMs only teach a pokemon a move, they dont make them any faster, a budew that someone caught and then didnt train at all other than giving it solar beam is still as slow as normal baby pokemon, also, just looked and cleffa, igglybuff, and togepi can also learn it via TM

TMs only teach a pokemon a move, they dont make them any faster, a budew that someone caught and then didnt train at all other than giving it solar beam is still as slow as normal baby pokemon, also, just looked and cleffa, igglybuff, and togepi can also learn it via TM
These are wild Pokemon profiles, which only allow for level up and egg moves. Including TMs would require you to change the standard with a CRT

These are wild Pokemon profiles, which only allow for level up and egg moves. Including TMs would require you to change the standard with a CRT
they dont need to have solar beam on their profiles, im just saying baby pokemon should scale to the speed, TMs dont increase stats, baby pokemon can react to solar beams from other untrained baby pokemon

I got some additional things I wanna say about the legendary scaling
they just scaling without any reason doesn't make sense, being a legendary just means that there is myths and legends about them, it doesn't mean that they are comparable to one another just because
These Pokemon are so strong that they have such legends about them, making them significantly superior to final stage Pokemon

I think that because "minor legendaries" are a collective status for the likes of legendary trios such as the birds, the beasts, the genies, etc., they should be a similar rating. I propose that this rating is a downscale to baseline 6-B (7 teratons).

This is because of the legendary birds being portrayed as somewhat comparable to, albeit weaker than, Lugia.

they dont need to have solar beam on their profiles, im just saying baby pokemon should scale to the speed, TMs dont increase stats, baby pokemon can react to solar beams from other untrained baby pokemon
You keep repeating these same few things, and again I say, if baby Pokemon can't learn Solar Beam via level up, it's ineligible. Wild Pokemon don't have access to TMs. It's that simple. Doesn't matter if it doesn't increase stats

These Pokemon are so strong that they have such legends about them, making them significantly superior to final stage Pokemon
i mean, having legends just means that they are rare or have special abilities or did important things, some are about strength sure, but i don't see why, say, celebi would have because of strength when none of the entries talks about strength

I think that because "minor legendaries" are a collective status for the likes of legendary trios such as the birds, the beasts, the genies, etc., they should be a similar rating. I propose that this rating is a downscale to baseline 6-B (7 teratons).

This is because of the legendary birds being portrayed as somewhat comparable to, albeit weaker than, Lugia.
some contentions:
1 why would any legendarie scale to the birds?
2 i am pretty sure the birds and lugia have absolutely no conections in the games, it is kind of funny how the anime made us associate them so much lol

i mean, having legends just means that they are rare or have special abilities or did important things, some are about strength sure, but i don't see why, say, celebi would have because of strength when none of the entries talks about strength
They're also just very frequently shown as being above any normal Pokemon in power, this really shouldn't be controversial
some contentions:
1 why would any legendarie scale to the birds?
2 i am pretty sure the birds and lugia have absolutely no conections in the games, it is kind of funny how the anime made us associate them so much lol
1. It's pretty much a baseline for legendaries, especially since they're all significantly above final evos
2. Lugia is still considered the master of the bird trio in the games

They're also just very frequently shown as being above any normal Pokemon in power, this really shouldn't be controversial
it is just that i don't remember most of them showing power? i just want to make sure that it has an explanation listed, maybe just adding some examples and then putting a note on the verse page? just to be safe
1. It's pretty much a baseline for legendaries, especially since they're all significantly above final evos
2. Lugia is still considered the master of the bird trio in the games
1 i don't think i got the point? the legendaries being superior to wild final evos would make the birds baseline because?
2 wait really? huh, can you send a scan? because i can't remember a moment where they where even referred in the same sentence, was it in go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back