• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can catch a baby pokemon that can learn solar beam and then not do anything to it except give it solar beam, pokemon dont instantly go from normal wild stats to (insert trainer pokemon tier here) the second you catch them, you need to actual train them

TMs do not increase stats, it doesnt give the pokemon the move + some experience or anything, it just gives them the move, they are no faster than they were before

you can catch a baby pokemon that can learn solar beam and then not do anything to it except give it solar beam, pokemon dont instantly go from normal wild stats to (insert trainer pokemon tier here) the second you catch them, you need to actual train them
The profiles are wild Pokémon. Wild Pokémon can’t use TMs. These are the standards, and if you want to change them, you’ll have to make a CRT. Stop bringing it up here, it’s derailing at this point.

The profiles are wild Pokémon. Wild Pokémon can’t use TMs. These are the standards, and if you want to change them, you’ll have to make a CRT. Stop bringing it up here, it’s derailing at this point.
ive already addressed this, i dont care about the move itself getting on the profiles, this is just about speed scaling

speaking of solar beam, bulbassaur can learn it via level up, so i guess first stages should be ftl/relativistc+?

edit:forget about it someone beat me to it

is there anything about it specific to golem or can it be used as a general "pokemon dodge light speed attacks" calc

i dont see why not, but it might be better to wait for all this to get figured out so they dont get immediately changed or anything
Alright. I'm almost done with the starter mon profiles. Just input the accepted game calcs for stats

I'll try working on others for now

are we scaling mystery dungeons to normal game stuff, i forgor
From reading the blog, only games directly connected to main series will share calcs with it.

I'll have to make new calcs for the mystery dungeon series. I can't see even one calc for it on the wiki

I think we should add it because the dex has and will always be consistent accross all media, whether they're there or not, it applies

Clover sent all calcs for the stats we'd be using for games

Which means profiles for normals mons can be edited with the new info right?

Baby Pokemon are a bit of an oddball though. I heard of there being an 8-A+ Cleffa durability calc, but no one ever linked it. In addition, some Pokemon scale differently from others (though the whole "base -> first stage -> second stage" thing generally applies), like Elekid evenly fighting Togedemaru and Cranidos combating Aerodactyl. Not sure what to do here

is there a point to doing more calcs for other pokemon jumping away from solar beam or should we just use the golem one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back