• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt vs Mob: 8-C Psychics that become 8-A

Fan Fact: Septimas are considered psychic abilities. Hell, In Japan, Adepts are called Psychics. So Azure Striker Gunvolt is like a mix of Mega Man, Mob Psycho 100 and My Hero Acadamia. How is this franchise not popular?

Rules: Speed Equalized. Both start in base but can go into their 8-A forms.

Gunvolt2ndArt
Mon 100 Percent
Gunvolt:
Mob: 1 (Dargoo Faust)

Inconclusive:

How high into 8-C is Gunvolt? There has to be some sort of calc if he's 8-C+. Mob was undamaged from a .8 Ton attack.

Mob could analyze and utilize Gunvolt's techniques himself if they're psychic/esper powers.

IMO I see Mob taking this more often than not though. Ragdolling Gunvolt would be his opening move, and without lifting strength to counter it he gets flung around a-la Meguru until he's forced into 8-A, which would force Mob into 8-A in turn. At that point Mob can absorb most of his attacks (He's absorbed psychic electricity from Touichirou) and just break his body with TK a-la Touichirou or compress shit on him until he's dead. Regen helps Gunvolt's chances of winning, although Mob would outlast him in a battle of attrition.

It should be noted that Gunvolt can absorb 8-C or lower electricity to recharge (See Copen vs Gunvolt), but even in his 8-A form 8-A lightning overheats him (See Asimov vs Gunvolt)

Also Gunvolt's 8-A is a bit more reliable to reach then Mob's, since Mob's is based on emotions. Though Mob could temporarily disable GV's 8-A by exorcising Joule from Gunvolt's body, Gunvolt would eventually get it back because Joule's song is in his heart (Basically he gets it by himself).

So 1.19 Tons?

Mob wasn't harmed by a .8 Ton explosion from God Dimple, and that was as his energy was being absorbed into the Broccoli. So Gunvolt will have serious trouble harming Base!Mob, while Mob will likely force him to amp into 8-A pretty quickly through ragdolling.

Mob is stronger in his 8-A form, too. I think it will come down to if GV can end the fight after Joule uses Anthem but before Mob goes 100%.

AAAAAAAAA WE STILL NEED EVALUATION ON THE REVISED GUNVOLT THING

By the EoS Mob can pretty reliably control and activate 100% Mode; in his fight with Touichirou alone he activated it like five or six times before the guy self-destructed.

So I'd say GV has a very small window before Mob notices the massive boost in strength with his aura sensing and enters 100% in turn.

I'd guess that making it Mob at a different point isn't allowed?

I don't think Gunvolt has any resistance to being ragdolled, but at the same time Prevasion would keep GV from taking too much damage from slams. And Gunvolt knows how to counter other prevasion users in case Mob copies it.

I mean, Mob doesn't really gain or lose power throughout the story, so making a EoS/BoS key would be tantamount to around one or two powers and slight character differences. So it's not really that needed, and it wouldn't really be allowed without that.

Yeah, I noticed Gunvolt absorbs/resists a lot of his own powers so it's mostly down to Mob's own abilities.

The Smashor said:
Would Mob be able to get rid of all of the bolts GV fires while ragdolling him?
I'm not sure if GV could accurately fire them while being thrown around at high speeds and impacting walls, but they'd probably just hit Mob's barrier should they land.

It's based off of his psychic powers, so the same strength as his AP/Dura.

Alright. GV might be able to get past it with something like Voltanic Chains. GV's 8-A key spams skills in character and can basically use them whenever he wants.

Uh

Mob is 994 Tons. IDK about his chains getting past Mob's forcefield unless you're talking GV's 8-A chains against 8-C Mob's sheilds.

Back