• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, well, I guess his Dragon Slayer Skill should help him instead.

He is more of a brawler, he shots when his opponents are to far out of his reach.

Its Cardinal Crimson.

Here, at 1:04 you can see Atalanta's arrow pierced through Siegfried's body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LxIu4lhw_s

Both Crimson Blaster and Longinus Smasher are far more stronger and have greater AoE with Crimson Blaster being so strong it damaged another Longinus which had great defense against long range attack, even if Siegfried doesn't die from those his sword would be destroyed. In fact it's arguable that CCQ Dragon Shot can have the same performance as Atalanta's arrows since Issei in Balance Breaker can destroy mountain with ease. Longinus Smasher is one time use but it can overwhelm Balmung.

In case Dragon Shot can only harm Siegfried superficially then Siegfried won't dodge Issei's long range attack because he thinks his body can take it so if Issei uses Crimson Blaster Siegfried will try to tank it instead of avoiding or offsetting with Balmung. Flight will give Issei an advantage over Siegfried.

@Touhou

Sure, it pierced Armor of Fafnir, but it did minimal damage and didn't slow down Sieg in the slightest.

What calcs do you have that prove that Longinus Smasher and Crimson Blaster are that much stronger?

@Reppuzan

No he didn't. Siegfried was stunned for around 5-7 seconds or so when the arrows pierced through his body, Achilles even said that it would take Siegfried 10 seconds to get up to continue the fight, that amount of time is enough for Issei to go for either Crimson Blaster or Longinus Smasher.

Dragon Shot is mountain buster, this happened in vol 5.

Dragon Blaster engulfed Kyoto city and distorted the space around it and is a stronger version of Dragon Shot (instantly killed 1000~ grim reapers who each would require at least a Dragon Shot to be defeated). Crimson Blaster is a direct upgrade of Dragon Blaster and Longinus Smasher is stronger than Vali's vaporizing a 5000m mountain feat.

Does Siegfried have any calc?

@Reppuzan

I don't see mountain buster feat for Heracles but if Siegfried is mountain level then Issei won't have a hard time defeating him.

@Touhou

Why is that if they're both Mountain level? You're acting like Issei stomps.

@Reppuzan

Won't have a hard time =/= Stomp. Siegfried won't start with spamming Balmung wave and Issei can feel dragon-slayer aura from his sword so he won't engage in melee combat or at least will actively avoid Siegfried's sword. Siegfried will try to tank Dragon Shot because he thinks AoF can take it but like Atalanta's arrow it will push him back and stun him for several seconds, Issei then can go for the kill. If Siegfried decides to avoid Dragon Shot and spam Balmung then it will come down to who gets the first hit.

@Touhou

Question, how will Issei know that Siegfried has a dragon attribute though?

I heavily doubt Dragon Shot will stun him since Dragon Slayer provides bonus protection against dragon based attacks.

Siegfried high difficulty. The only thing that can atomatically bypass AoF is Ascalon and that doesn't seem like its his main usage during battles. AoF not only protects Siegfried but also reduces the damage of an attack to minor if it's stronger then the strength limit and if Issei is comparable to KArna then Siegfired has the advantage. Balmung also has Holy properties so that should also should give extra damage to Issei.

All in all while Issei will give Siegfried a hard time I do believe Siegfried will win if their both in character.

@Repp

Longinus Smasher is powerful. That's one of the forbidden powers that can even change the environment and cancel Regenerationn. ┬┐AoF only works with physical attacks and magic. ?

Dragon Shot = demoniac power Dragon Blaster = magic power Longinus Smasher and Crimson Blaster = pure aura.

AoF work?

Issei still has an advantage with wyverns.

@Lucian

Since when did Longinus Smasher cancel regen?

It's powered by Boosted Gear-ergo a dragon.

AoF still works.

@Repp

In volume 12 Longinus Smasher eliminated a monster with type 3 immortality.

Boosted Gear only powered the power of Issei. Only Scale Mail is dragon power.

Crimson Blaster defeats Sairaorg who has a high magic resistance. We already said that AoF does not apply to anti-dragon attacks like Crimson Blaster+Ascalon.

I've already quoted everyone AoF's description and explained how it very clearly states that dragon-slaying weapons will only bypass the bonus defense AoF gains against Noble Phantasm type abilities, not the base invulnerability it provides.

Armor of Fafnir: Blood Armor of the Evil Dragon: A Noble Phantasm that embodies the legend in which Siegfried bathed in and swallowed blood of the evil dragon Fafnir, gaining the "invincible body of a dragon" in the process. As a result, Siegfried's skin and organs are tougher than the strongest steel, completely nullifying anything less than an A-Rank physical attack capable of shattering mountains or magecraft from the Age of Gods. Even Achilles, one of the most famous heroes in the world, failed to leave a scratch on Siegfried due to this Noble Phantasm. Attacks that can penetrate the armor's protective effects have their effects greatly reduced, as even the blows of the mighty hero Karna, which are able to easily sunder the bodies of Servants, gouge their vital organs, and dismember their bodies, are unable to leave more than scratches that are easily healed through Siegfried's connection with his Master.

When utilized against abilities on the level of a Noble Phantasm, it effects are further strengthened. However, Noble Phantasm-class abilities used by antiheroes, heroes legendary for their feats of slaying dragons, or wielding dragon slaying weapons or spells will bypass the bonus defense against Noble Phantasm-class abilities.

There is nothing else there about DragonSlayer attribute weapons bypassing it. They only bypass the bonus defense, not the base damage reduction.

It is a "continuously active-type Noble Phantasm" that allows for his skin to cancel physical attacks and magic equivalent to B-rank or lower.

"My special move! "Dragon Shot"!

I scream the name of my special move inside myself since the enemy may predict what I'm about to do by hearing it.

DON!

A mass of demonic-power gets released from my hands.

"Guwah!"

I get pushed back because of its power. I continue to look at the "Dragon Shot" even though I get myself pushed back!

It's huge!"

Give me a reason to work with this.

@Reppuzan

Quote for AoF provides extra protection against Dragon?

Dragon Shot will stun Siegfried because it destroyed a mountain, even if it gets reduced to superficial damage a huge barrage of it (Issei can also shoot homing Dragon Shot) can effectively lock Siegfried down to give a window for Crimson Blaster or Longinus Smasher.

Issei is sensitive to both dragon and dragon-slayer aura (he felt disgusting when a dragon-slayer sword is nearby). For someone as strong as Siegfried he would feel the dragon attribute on his body and dragon-slayer pulse on his sword. It's like how everyone can feel the power or aura of a servant when they're about to release their noble phantasm.

Official Materials:

"Dragon Slayer (þ½£µ«║Òüù, Ryü Koroshi?) is one of the special Skills provided for those who have took down a member of the Dragon Kind. It is not a talent given from heaven, but from killing a dragon. It can be said that the anecdotes themselves have become this Skill. Grants significantly improved attack power and defense power against members of the Dragon Kind."

When has Issei done that?

Vol 18

When I look forward— a man who isn't using an umbrella under the rain was standing there. A man— with long black hair. When we checked what the man is holding onto, we put our alertness to the maximum level.

……It's because he's holding onto a sword which is giving out an ominous feeling.

The sword contains Orochi which counts as a dragon in DxD.

Vol 9

Challenging the swordsmen -- no, the three who were related to the Church, Siegfried's sword in his hand began to gather demonic power.

...This sword gave off a very unpleasant pulse. Demonic sword? It felt quite similar to Kiba's created swords.

--! Suddenly, Kiba's holy demonic sword slashed with god-like speed.

Gram counts as a dragon-slayer sword in DxD. Issei could feel both and usually tried to avoid direct contact with them.

Vol 11

An intense vibration shook the entire hotel! A very ominous aura was emitted from the magic-circle!

…….A cold air that gave me chills. An intense pressure I had never felt before was coming from the magic-circle! A pressure that freezes both my body and soul…. I feel like a frog that is being glared at by a snake……!

[This presence is…! An overwhelming evil intent only directed at a dragon…..!]

Ddraig also seems like he felt something and his voice is trembling. Ddraig is frightened…..? What kind of being is there that can even frighten a Heavenly-Dragon, which is an embodiment of bravery…..?

Then a gigantic ominous thing started appearing from the magic-circle….! Head. Torso….. Black-wings. A cross….?

Someone was impaled into a cross. Restraint tools were intensely binding its body. There were so many restraining tools placed all over its body and there are creepy letters written on the tools! There were ones that were placed on its eyes and there were tears of blood dripping from them.

---! The moment its whole body appeared from the magic-circle, my breath stopped because of the bizarre existence. It had the lower-body of a……. Snake! No. There are scales on it. ……A skinny appearance like that of an Asian dragon! The upper-body of a fallen-angel and lower-body of a dragon! On both hands, tail, and all over its body, there were countless nails driven through! Even on its black wings!

Just looking at its appearance tells me how painful it is! …… A pebble fallen-angel dragon……that is being restricted……..?

A crucifixation done to a criminal who has done something very serious…. It looks like it is the personification of anger from the one who judged it…..

[OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO………]

A creepy voice emitted from the criminal's mouth echoes throughout the lobby. From its mouth covered in fangs, there was blood and saliva coming out as well.

Pain. Jealousy. Suffering. Resentment. A sound that is mixed with all kinds of negative emotions. You can tell it is a being that was judged by someone who harboured great anger towards it. There was a black aura and mist coming out of the fallen-angel dragon that was spreading throughout the lobby.

…..A sensation where my skin is being poked with needles…..a disgusting sensation that covers my whole body…..

Issei could feel the danger from Samael even before he appeared and Ddraig immediately recognized it had a dragon-slayer attribute.

Honestly I do not know how Sieg can win here.
Issei will feel dragon-slayer aura and will not fight hand-to-hand. He can defend himself using red wyverns

White wyverns can divide Balmung into a small insignificant ball. Sieg will exhaust his mana.

Okay. Ascalon only cancels AoF bonus. Crimson Blaster and Longinus Smasher are still as powerful as an A + or A ++ NP. Even if Sieg does not die, he will be hurt.

Even if both of them are A+/A++ it will still be reduce to a mear E+/E++, and none of them will be a problem in the long run because A strength attacks only left small cuts and the positive modifiers only indicate a temporary increas of strength it's not more powerful then A. heres proof

@Jbennett

Are you saying that Excalibur would only leave small cuts in Sieg?

Sieg still does not have many chances to hurt Issei

Soooooo AoF don't prevent user from get stun?

Hmmmmmmmmmm, from what i see in the thread i go with Inconclusive.

Both are just to close to comfort in all terms.

I don't see that Sumanai can Spam Balmung like Sieg.

And Issei can sense that Sumanai is dangerous so he will be very cautious.

Wait, i forget about Sumanai Weak point on his back,

I go with Issei for being alot stronger and Has Ddraig to help him think in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back