• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a different scenario, we do have people who generally clarifies the regen and it's easy to determine what a regen does and how fast depending in the type. But 90% of the pages with plot manipulation has it because of their dimensionality and not one of those pages noted it somewhere, which means people don't actually know that it is preferable not as a rule, but better if that is pointed out as a note beneath the page, or a general powers and abilities page.
I can just go to anyone page, and see plot manipulation and obviously I would use it in a vs battle even though he can't exactly or has no proof of using it against someone his tier.
An example of how badly the plot manipulation is been used on the profiles without clarification, these are just a few of them
Overvoid

God DC

One above all

Featherine

Akuto sai

All these up above I can simply say they can work against any character of their own dimensionality in a vs thread cause nothing on their profiles said something otherwise, even though they only used it against someone they view as fiction to begin with or because they are the Supreme being of their verse. No clarification on how it works, compared to the one below

Something like this is better at least, this way we can at least infer that it is only for the things he contains
Gan

Here the page mentioned no potency, but still I can tell this is strictly for things/settings he has ontological difference over.
That up there that actually clarified the ability is fine but something like this should be preferable.

I am not saying we should make it as a rule, but it should be noted somewhere, that that is our preferable formats for abilities like this

Don't let me get started on other abilities like Death manipulation, fate manipulation, Existence Erasure e.t.c. who surfer from something similar
You can't easily determine whether Low-Godly Regeneration takes 1 second, 1 minute or 1 hour to restore a body on most pages.

You are wrong about Akuto. He can use plot manip on his own level of existence. Good chance Featherine can as well, seeing as even territory lords can as far as I am aware. (although I'm not an Umineko expert)

I again maintain that this isn't ability specific. We had for example a long debate about how Arceus can't use most of his hax on the level of its own existence. One could probably have this debate about the reality warping of most Tier 1 gods tbh.

Personally, I think that if we make it note somewhere it should be more along the line of "Pages should preferably feature explanations of all battle-relevant details of abilities, particularly if they derivate from what a regular viewer might assume reading the ability. That includes not being combat applicable, having weaknesses, being particularly limited in some way, being faster or slower than one might assume given the character's speed, being of a higher or lower tier, being qualitatively superior to the character or being qualitatively inferior to the character, having a notably different range than other techniques etc."

I think this wording covers it.
But I don't know where it will be preferable to add it
Pages should preferably feature explanations of all battle-relevant details of abilities, particularly if they derivate from what a regular viewer might assume reading the ability. That includes not being combat applicable, having weaknesses, being particularly limited in some way, being faster or slower than one might assume given the character's speed, being of a higher or lower tier, being qualitatively superior to the character or being qualitatively inferior to the character, having a notably different range than other techniques etc.

Well, I suppose that we might have to place that text in our Editing Rules page in lack of better options, unless somebody here has a better suggestion.

Thank you for helping out. 🙏

I think that there is another staff thread currently that intends to better organise our rule pages, so no worries in that regard.

Anyway, what, if anything, is left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back