• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Human Resources Page Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
Big thanks to @ImmortalDread for helping me out with this project and discussed this with me off-site.

And now to start things off, it's always bothered me that Human Resources doesn't really have any instructions pages for how exactly they work specifically or what exactly are they here for. And I have been noticing for quite some time that people has been trying to report staff in the RVR thread and a good amount of them seem genuinely confused where to discuss a staff members misconduct. And while I am aware the RVR does state this:

If there are genuine serious problems with the behaviour of certain staff members, do not cause drama by extensively arguing about it here, but rather contact our Human Resources Group in private via a PM. Your identity will be kept anonymous if you ask them to.

This thread is just to be more open-minded and user friendly to those who are unaware what the Human Resources are here for.

And this is the sandbox right here:

Overseeing the staff survey and associated reports while mitigating the risk of any negative publicity that could harm the site's reputation and lead to undue disturbances on-site.

The Human Resources Group, commonly referred to as HR, comprises members responsible for managing tasks within the VS Battle's wiki. They serve as the foundational support for the organizational framework of the wiki staff, demonstrating unwavering dedication through their contributions.

Human resources constitute the department entrusted with the responsibilities of locating, attracting, and evaluating potential candidates for recruitment within the community.

Responsibilities

Human Resources Group are endowed with the subsequent rights and obligations that must be upheld alongside administrator responsibilities:

• Assessing the suitability of the staff member for potential promotion or demotion
  • Addressing confidential reports regarding staff members with utmost discretion
  • Monitoring important threads, and contributing to them. Important threads include:
  • Blocking rule-breakers in order to maintain a congenial atmosphere within the wiki.
  • HR are role models for members, and should make a continuous effort to display temperament and behavior appropriate for their positions.
Benefits

The benefits of being a Higher Resources are:

• Staff member: Human Resources Group are part of the managing staff, and as such can take part in staff discussions. Put simply, HR have the chance to engage in direct discussions concerning the future trajectory of the site and its staff members. Their viewpoints will carry weight in the formulation or adjustment of site policies, as well as in the selection of potential staff recruits.
    • Human Resources Group are widely regarded as the most respected and capable members of the site. Their opinions are highly valued, and they are fundamental cornerstones for keeping the wiki running smoothly on a daily basis while also preventing any instances of staff-related conflicts from manifesting publicly.
  • Unrestricted page unlock privilege: When it comes to pages with administrator-level protection, members are required to provide a valid reason for unlocking a page. Depending on the validity, the page may or may not be unlocked, usually on a temporary basis.
    • Higher Resources, however, can unlock pages, edit locked pages, etcetera. In other words, they have administrator-level access to all pages.
Appointment

The following pre-requisites must be met for appointment as Human Resources Group:

• The member must display intimate familiarity with the site's rules and regulations, in addition to understanding the mechanics of how the site fundamentally works.
  • The member must display intimate comprehension of the concepts of VS Battles, in order to resolve queries brought to them by members.
  • The member must display leadership ability, levelheaded, rational, responsible, objective, reliable, good logical reasoning, decision-making ability, adequate administrative contributions, and a healthy amount of experience.
    • Experience refers to the member's experience as a staff member. In other words, to become Human Resources, the member should have a previous position as an administrator within the wiki.
  • The member should have been active for a minimum of 1 year, with at least 5 months of frequent activity.
  • Once promoted, the member must preferably remain similarly active. A period of inactivity over 4 months upon being promoted will likely result in the position being removed.
Removal

The Human Resources Group position may be revoked under any of the following conditions:

• Severe violation of the wiki rules.
  • Bad-mouthing the wiki policies.
    • Personally disagreeing with them is an entirely separate issue. In case of such a disagreement, it is recommended that the matter is resolved with a private conversation, instead of exploding publicly.
  • Direct disobedience of a bureaucrat in case of a site policy.
    • Personally disagreeing with a policy is an entirely separate issue. In case of such a disagreement, it is recommended that the matter is handled via personal messages.
    • Publicly disagreeing about a page's content (such as a character's statistics, or the profile image) is, of course, permitted, as long as done within the confines of the site's rules.
      • Public argument is prohibited in cases of site policies only. In such instances, it is strongly recommended that the matter be handled via private messages.
  • Inactivity for a prolonged period of time:
    • Complete inactivity for a period of three months or more.
  • Misuse of powers to modify statistics of administrator-locked pages, to insert false and unmotivated ratings.
  • Continuously failing to meet the requirements of appointment.
How does HR report Function

To lodge a complaint against a staff member for any potential infractions, such as instances of authority misuse or inadequate job performance, kindly communicate your concerns via direct message to the Human Resources department.

Supporting evidence should accompany your report. In order to uphold a professional environment and avoid unnecessary public discourse, it is imperative to handle such matters through private messages.

You can see the HR Group list here.

But moral of the story is just to introduce an instruction page for how the Human Resources role works around here, simply as that.

And you're welcome to evaluate the addition at any time as you want.

WARNING:
This is a staff-only discussion, please do not comment if you're a regular member unless you got permission. But please do not cause any drama.

I think that it would have been much preferable if our bureaucrats and HR members had handled this in private on our own instead of you suddenly starting this thread, and the number of already existing unfinished important projects in this forum is already basically unmanageable at this point, so I would much prefer if we put a pause button on any new ones for the coming months, unless our bureaucrats deem them absolutely crucial/essential.

I think that it would have been much preferable if our bureaucrats and HR members had handled this in private on our own instead of you suddenly starting this thread, and the number of already existing unfinished important projects in this forum is already basically unmanageable at this point, so I would much prefer if we put a pause button on any new ones for the coming months, unless our bureaucrats deem them absolutely crucial/essential.
Oh alright then, because I was suggested to this and not much people really seen and evaluated my suggestion in the private DM.

Okay, but I have far far far too many wiki policy revisions to deal with already, and much less time available for them nowadays as well.

I extremely strongly agree with this sentiment. I'm pretty much the only staff member trying to clear out the staff forum backlog, and starting new threads severely interferes with that. My project for that is still going on.

Disagree how? I thought that I just said that we should put a pause on new wiki policy revision projects until we have cleared out the old ones, unless it is something of paramount importance that our bureaucrats post themselves, such as the recent Gfycat project, or our hopefully upcoming project to add infoboxes at the top of our pages to increase our search engine optimisation.

Disagree how? I thought that I just said that we should put a pause on new wiki policy revision projects until we have cleared out the old ones, unless it is something of paramount importance that our bureaucrats post themselves, such as the recent Gfycat project, or our hopefully upcoming project to add infoboxes at the top of our pages to increase our search engine optimisation.
What do you mean? I think you misread my post. I said I agreed.

Last edited:
If we're putting this on pause, I'll leave the issues I see with this draft for later.

Yeah, I agree with this. This sounds like a Bureaucrat decision combined with the fact that it should be private and we need to focus on other site wide projects as to not be too overtasked first.

It appears we are either handling this internally or delaying it to a later time, so I will close this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back