• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter X Hunter: Downgrade to Pre-rose Meruem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but he did survive a blast calculated at double digit megaton and accepted at point blank .

The amount of damage means absolutely nothing. Meruem still had a body .

He survived the blast and was alive and conscious for at least a few dozen minutes . Hinted that he may of been able to survive albiet with major damage without youpi and pouf .

And as far as wiki standards go thats enough for at least partial scaling .

And as far as op goes meruem hit pitou when he had eaten almost no been humans and thus much weaker (excluding the fact he put no effort on to the blow and miscalculated ).

Netero hitting meruem thousands of times making him feel a dull sensation wont contradict the bomb .

Putou harming adult gon was after a post mortem nen boost . Which amped hisoka multitudes above his previous power . Treated as the most powerful boost within the verse for now .

I disagree with this, but I also wholeheartedly disagree with Requiem. A human being can tank 9-B attacks. A human given can even survive the levels of pressure (albeit not energy!) that would take down a building, meaning that a human could take a relatively mid-end 9-B attack to the face and survive. A friend of mine once survived being hit by a car at like 40km/h (or more, I'm not sure, but you can say it was "enough to nearly kill her") and crashed against a wall, but she suffered over a dozen bone fractures and got bedridden in the hospital for six months, yet her scars and places where she broke bones still hurt when it's cold. Being hit by a car at such velocities is on the dozens of kilojoules range. This is way beyond her Tier 10-B AP by three orders of magnitude.

But she survived it. Does she scale to 9-B? What the f*ck, hell no! She'd have tanked the crash with a single fracture at best if that were the case, and even if you say it's more like she was crashing into the car at 11m/s than the car crashing at her at such speeds, it's still a blow two tiers higher than her own. Is she 9-C? I'm pretty sure she isn't.

"The amount of damage means nothing if he still has a body" is another wrong point. Fragmenting a human body takes 9-B attack potency, while said human body might be 10-B or even high-end 10-C as I am irl, doesn't really matter. You can give a blow orders of magnitude above your target's durability and they'll survive. Surviving extreme damage is a feat of stamina, not durability.

So, have I given enough evidence that no, Meruem does not scale to the bomb that busted him?

Now allow me to follow up with the next point: Meruem does not have any High 7-C feats either. As far as I'm concerned, anyone can survive an attack one or two orders of magnitude above them, and to the level of damage he took (which would have killed a normal human being) he might as well be 7-C in durability. Unless you can give me a specifically High 7-C feat, I don't buy your word that he is High 7-C.

Sorry, I'm using powerscaling not necessarily feats per se. Although I compared Meruem feeling a dull pain from Netero to Pitou getting slightly damaged by Kite above. I was thinking, "we did it for Kite to be Low 7-C, why not do the same for Meruem?" And I also mention how Pitou was slapped by Meruem but stayed intact and survived.

Oh, these are solidly 7-C (although I saw only calculations of volume, not energy, so it confused me a little) and yet Netero could barely cause scratch damage and Pitou would get some neat damage (she bled from her mouth immediately after a casual blow) but not die or get KO'd? Yeah, I see where you're coming from.

I agree with the terms of the downgrade for my previously stated reasons and for my understanding of now. Meruem should be a solid High 7-C in base.

However, shouldn't Meruem's post-rose form be merely Low 7-B? We typically use the low-end values when unsure and the lower end of Low 7-B was favored. It's not like Meruem would tank the rose bomb if it happened again, so shouldn't he get a Low 7-B or at best Low 7-B+ at his post rose key?

After all, he'd have to get over five times stronger than his casual feat in order to do the tier jump.

We agreed with 7-B post-rose Meruem because the rage blast that he used was very casual. (And I'd rather like it stay that way because not too long ago the Ant was matched up against Leone and I don't want to unintentionally remove any notable victories or losses, okay?)

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
We agreed with 7-B post-rose Meruem because the rage blast that he used was very casual. (And I'd rather like it stay that way because not too long ago the Ant was matched up against Leone and I don't want to unintentionally remove any notable victories or losses, okay?)
I can remake that fight for you using Meruem's Low 7-B key against her High 7-C key since she's faster, seems slightly haxier and can still cause a small amount of damage with each attack, plus has claws, so it shouldn't become a stomp.

Also, being "very casual" says nothing. It was a rage blast, not a fingerflick. "Very casual" isn't enough proof that he could attack with over five times that strength, since a normal person's "very casual but still damage dealing" punch may be restricted to two or three times less than their true AP. How casual one seems to be doesn't say much with not even statements like "whoa his true power is a lot many times before!!!" that would allow us to assume that "a lot many times" isn't just two or three or even four times. If nothing else than him beeing seemingly pretty damn casual is shown then there's no reason to believe he jumps a tier.

@Mand21 And how can you come to conclusion on such a basis? Because it seems too bizarre for you? Mereum rage blast was calced at 7-B, that's for his AP. We'll go with that, as that's typically our stance on tiering.

You COULD say he only got a few times stronger, as he went a few times faster than Pouf was speculating, But as far as I can tell, Speed increase doesn't necessarily equal to his AP increase.

"There's no reason to believe he jumps a tier" Besides his Rage Blast still being calced as such, After all, He had enough energy to generate such a blast.

"It's not like would tank the Rose Bomb if it happened again" That's pure speculation on your part.

Algaro said:
@Mand21 And how can you come to conclusion on such a basis? Because it seems too bizarre for you? Mereum rage blast was calced at 7-B, that's for his AP. We'll go with that, as that's typically our stance on tiering.
You COULD say he only got a few times stronger, as he went a few times faster than Pouf was speculating, But as far as I can tell, Speed increase doesn't necessarily equal to his AP increase.

"There's no reason to believe he jumps a tier" Besides his Rage Blast still being calced as such, After all, He had enough energy to generate such a blast.

"It's not like would tank the Rose Bomb if it happened again" That's pure speculation on your part.
His rage blast was calculated at Small City level. Low 7-B. End of story.

My apologize, I was looking at a different edit of the calc that has a higher result. In that case, I agree. He should be downgraded.

Sure, no problems.

So, should we give Requiem a grace period before considering this consensus? I'm actually interested in seeing Meruem have only solid ratings at "High 7-C | Low 7-B". It reminds me of the thread on "if you were the writer how powerful would you make your characters" and how the main recommendation along the first comments was "If the characters are blatantly superhuman, then they should be on the tiers 8 through 7 since that makes them clearly awesome, but not too broken as to be ultimately unfathomable".

The fact Togashi perfectly followed this even though he isn't a powerscaler to share our tiering system is awesome. Baseline High 7-C Meruem tanking a 7-B attack while getting almost destroyed but still managing to barely survive makes sense. I'd bet Hunter X Hunter's god tiers will likely remain within Tier 7 or the lower borders of 6 by the rest of the story.

Yeah I can agree, I'm just wishing that Togashi didn't have so many hiatuses. Luckily that problem might let up a little with him stating that he'll someone else illustrate for HxH. I have my money on his wife, Naoko Takeuchi, doing the illustrations. I mean there been nothing from for some time, it would be nice to see some of her work again.

I might even make a petition VS versus wiki and Hunter x Hunter to get some support.

1. SailorHunter
  1. Makeithappen

If you reload the page, and click "follow" at the top of the thread, you should get notifications.

Can someone give me the manga scans of the feats Meruem and the 7-C's scale from? I'd like to try re-calculating them since the OBD calcs are confusiong as hell, some are even missing numbers and volume(wut) and from an outside prespective, I'd rather trust something calculated on this site. (Because OBD is reallly slow to load)

And thats the thing.

He was almost. But he wasnt and thats better than what most profiles that scale from those feats would say man .

He survived the bomb. Obviously he cant endure a bomb a walk that off but he can endure and survive a bomb . Personally would but "At most" prefix for meruem as thats a maximum limit for meruem man .

At best, we can go for Possibly 7-B for Post-Rose Meruem.

But when you are damn near killed by an attack, you don't scale to it.

Tell that to Alex Mercer or ridles .

He doesnt and wouldnt have scaling from the full blast . But it does serve for his upper limit and as proven would prefer the at most prefix. Because thats fact. It is his durability at most .

Except that Alex withstood that blast listed on his profile with no damage whatsoever. Bad comparison.

Was the character's body mostly destroyed, burnt, in a near-death state, and requring outside help in order to survive x blast?

If yes, then the character does not scale to that blast.

No. He scales from (or did at least for a few years from ) scaling off being made a pool of blood from a nuke .

The character does although not full maybe a calculation figuring what durability hed need for enduring with that mas would be made ?.

Alex Mercer once scaled to a Low 7-C blast, but was downgraded shortly after when they realized the obvious fact that his body was destroyed, and needed to regenerate from it.

I'm afraid that wouldn't yield anything meaningfull.

>Shortly.

Ya mean Al the way back from the obd days my man ? .

Except actually would. Depending on proximity he could scale from at least 50 percent of the blast .

All the Rose serves to do is establish an upper limit, where any calculations higher than that would be an outlier. High 7-C is generous enough for Pre-Rose, and consistent with the current Low 7-B calculation. Then again, said calculation feels off. I find it unlikely that the big rock he destroyed was that small. The prespective likely messed it up.

The thing is durability dictates what the character can withstand prior biting the dust .

From definition he could withstand za rose before falling .

That statement could warrant a Possibly 7-B for Post Rose. Since it implies Meruem could now take the Rose a second time, and not be reduced to almost nothing.

As for the Rage Blast scan, as I thought. The size of that rock seems to be contradicted, and downplayed by the view. But I'm not sure how you'd scale it.

Dying from An ijury and being defeated by attack quite different .

(Actually would of he? Ants can endure and live on from far more lethal wounds even decapatatin ) . Also pouf quote above for what that worth .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back