• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I hate soul crush; AKA Aizen vs Superman

Scottycj256

He/Him
Title is self explanatory

Post-Crisis Superman (no key because **** being accurate i guess when we can just follow ant's headcanon) and TYBW Aizen

Superman is given knowledge about Shinigami/Soul Society/Whatever

SBA, except on opposite ends of Manhattan

Speed Equalized

Soul Crush GG: 3

Heat Vision GG: 1

Thunder McQueen:

Last edited:
What’s this guys soul resistance? Aizen doesn’t have long range soul crush in this key but it’s nice to note

Don't see resistance to soul destruction or ee on Constantines page but he also has time stop not sure how in character it is or if it'd be in time for him to do before dying. Aizen putting up a black coffin and ending him gg?

What’s this guys soul resistance? Aizen doesn’t have long range soul crush in this key but it’s nice to note
Zero 🗿

But he has extrasensory perception, as well as experience with the mystic arts, and soul manip with his magic

He's also considered one of the high tier magicians in Post-Flashpoint DC alongside Doctor Fate and Zatanna

🗿

Homie was going to shoot down the Soul King Palace with his Reiatsu alone while in this Key....

He got insane range with his Reiatsu.
Which he failed to do 🗿.

Him having long range contradicts the entire narrative of his seals

With Prep he can also whip out the Moonblade, which is Soul, Mind, Concept, Dream, and Energy absorption all rolled into one

Which he failed to do 🗿.

Him having long range contradicts the entire narrative of his seals
🗿

Hasch Moment.

He failed to do so because of the chair restaining his Reiatsu closer to him than before, re-read that specific chapter again. It wasn't because he didn't have the range naturally.

"Narrative" doesn't matter when directly shown with feats that he has insane range with his Reiatsu while in this key.

Stop acting like AppleLord.

He can extend his reiatsu but it gets nulled by the technology but Constantine still needs to get his attacks near Aizen so not sure how he's gonna do it

Constantine could also probably yeet that spell he used against Upside Down Man to wrap shit up in an instant

and probably decimate New York along with him

Last edited:
i want to ask how powerful that spell is, but it was only used in the one fight against the Upside Down Man

I guess if "Powerful enough to kill a god" is any indication it could one shot Aizen

Aight. Since thats out of the way, what’s Constantine’s first move?
If a fight is disadvantageous he usually retreats to think up a better strategy

Though in this case since he has prep he'll probably just go for a one shot with his magic

See: God Killer Spell above

If a fight is disadvantageous he usually retreats to think up a better strategy

Though in this case since he has prep he'll probably just go for a one shot with his magic

See: God Killer Spell above
I mean, Aizen can think and atomize or seal him with a Kurohitsugi.

Constantine can also time stop by breaking his watch, or use his Multiversal+ range spells to react before Aizen does

He knows the effects of Reiatsu, since he has knowledge of Shinigami, so he's obviously going to go for what's advantageous for him, which is one shotting before any of his soul crush bullshit ***** him over

Constantine doesn’t resist Ilusions, just perception manip (which based on profiles, isn’t as good as Aizen’s) so Aizen can just KS him, putting the battle much more in his favor.
Constantine can also time stop by breaking his watch
Not as fast as Kurohitsugi (Which is thought based) or him simply flexing his Reiatsu (which can soul manip or one shot constantine’s 9-B dura).
Multiversal+ spells
1. He has no listed 2-A AP on his profile even with prep (it’s only higher), only range
2. Do any of them beat Aizen’s low godly and type 8?
3. Aizen can just shunpo close to him and EE him passively, it’s in character for him to get in close.

Edit: What options with prep does he have that would allow him to win before Aizen thinks and he’s gone?

He knows the effects of Reiatsu, since he has knowledge of Shinigami, so he's obviously going to go for what's advantageous for him, which is one shotting before any of his soul crush bullshit ***** him over
Second the battle starts, Constantine’s under hypnosis (SBA guarantee they start looking in each other’s direction, which is all Aizen needs to catch someone in KS). Prep can’t counter that as my strategy is guaranteed by SBA. Before Constantine can do anything, he’s hypnotized. After he’s hypnotized, Aizen will walk up and slice him in the back, EE him, Kurohitsugi him, one shot him with various kido, or soul manip him. I don’t understand will allow him to counter KS, which is all Aizen needs to win with soul hax. His prep one shotting won’t work because of soul hax (Passive and as Decived showed, ridiculous range) and other Aizen abilities. Aizen is also incredibly smart and would be able to pick up on a lot of things about John. Also, what one shotting ability gets him past type 8 immortality and low godly?

Voting Aizen mid diff rn for spiritual pressure, KS, and EE. My vote may change if a more knowledgeable DC debater comments. Constantine has good stuff, especially with Prep, but it won’t really beat Aizen consistently.

Aizen’s spiritual pressure also has paralysis and fear. If Aizen flexes his Reiatsu, he paralyzes John and any movement based abilities (such as the time stop or other spells that require hand movements) get negged. This further secures the win for Aizen.

Finally can get back to this, so Bump.
You know, I'd like to see Aizen and Constantine physically see through solid buildings
I‘ve heard that SBA has them facing each other, and assume Enhanced senses would mean both can see each other from there.

Instant KS doesn’t really matter to Aizen’s main wincons tho. His spiritual pressure negs as Constantine has no soul resistance and it’s passive.

Enhanced senses needs proof of seeing through buildings and shit
Aight. I guess I can retract that then. Still tho, If constantine looks at Aizen at any point he gets put under illusions. With prep he does know about this, but this forces him to not look at him, which can be difficult when Aizen’s Hypnosis can work on Reikaku (which works even when a shinigami is blinded, so constantine closing his eyes wouldn’t work) and Aizen flash stepping/flying into CQC.

Post Crisis Superman has Soul Resistance, even if at first glance it seems to be baseline, as well as mind manip resistance with torquasm vo, and he can also resist EE and deconstruction, and use non-physical interaction to hit him as well

So, I scoured through Ichigo, Aizen, and Ywach, and couldn't find a single calc for 4-B, so I am going to assume he's a bit above baseline.
Problem is though, I don't think even a scaling chain could save him from the AP Difference. 22.7 Foe vs 1.08 Kilofoe is over a 45x difference. Whatever scaling chain he has would have to guarantee a 6x boost above baseline for him to even prevent getting one-shotted by the Man of Steel. (Note: Superman can see people's Souls so Aizen wouldn't be invisible to him.)

Aizen doesn't really have anything that Superman doesn't resist, and I'm willing to bet Superman can resist Aizen's soul crush long enough to put the hit in he needs to knock him down.

Gonna have to go with Superman mid-diff if Aizen doesn't bypass his resistances. (I'd actually like to see whether or not Soul Crush is more potent than the Omega Affect.)

So, I scoured through Ichigo, Aizen, and Ywach, and couldn't find a single calc for 4-B, so I am going to assume he's a bit above baseline.
Multipliers my guy.
Problem is though, I don't think even a scaling chain could save him from the AP Difference. 22.7 Foe vs 1.08 Kilofoe is over a 45x difference. Whatever scaling chain he has would have to guarantee a 6x boost above baseline for him to even prevent getting one-shotted by the Man of Steel. (Note: Superman can see people's Souls so Aizen wouldn't be invisible to him.)
Aizen scales to 1 KiloFoe … at least.
Aizen doesn't really have anything that Superman doesn't resist, and I'm willing to bet Superman can resist Aizen's soul crush long enough to put the hit in he needs to knock him down.
What hit is that? Cuz Aizen has Low-Godly regen.
Gonna have to go with Superman mid-diff if Aizen doesn't bypass his resistances. (I'd actually like to see whether or not Soul Crush is more potent than the Omega Affect.)
Depends. Do you have the layers for Omega Beams?

What is this?

Do you have the layers for Omega Beams?
There are no such layers for omega beams. The current supes resistance to it Hella Sus too to begin with. "muh survived a hit from omega beams" when DS rarely uses it for anything other than energy beams

Back