• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality Type 4 Removal

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
Note: STAFF ONLY

As agreed on in this thread, type 4 immortality is being changed from "immortality via godhood" to "reincarnating immortality". The first step in this is getting rid of the existing type 4 from all profiles.

This is an extremely large task, as it will require us to go through every page that links to immortality to find which ones have type 4 and remove them. Can I get some staff volunteers for this?

Once there are around 5 - 10 volunteers, we can organise who does what.

For reference

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Monarch_Laciel/Pages_with_Type_4_Immortality

I would also appreciate if some staff members would be willing to help out with this.

I think that it is better if this is handled by the staff in an organised manner, as it will be very hard for me to handle my regular edit-monitoring otherwise.

If you think that's best.

There's a few ways we could do this.

We could use the category searcher to find all pages with the immortal category and the categories of various franchise to do it via franchise. We could do the same by Tier. I think Tier would be best as all our profiles have a tier category.

This issue with using the category searcher is there could be pages that do not have the immortal category despite having it listed in the powers and abilities.

I think that it is safer to divide the work via the What Links Here function, in order to catch all of the instances.

You can first check how many pages that link to Immortality in sum total, and after you have a sufficient number of volunteers, you can divide the work in an adapted fashion.

For example, if there are 10 volunteers and around 1000 profiles, you can use the 100 profile links per page option, and set an order.

I know that this is technically for staff. But for the profiles which I can easily access, I'd love to be given the chance to volunteer to help remove these from these profiles.

(I also did read the entirety of the thread deciding this, so I'm fairly certain I know what should be done.)

Uhh I fixed the ones for supernatural and the vampire diaries, I have free time atm, literally nothing to do, so I can do other profiles too, but, I don't know if some of these characters might be a legit type 4, so removing is kinda hesitant, I'm assuming very few have this new type 4.

Also, Reincarnating is you taking a new body that is your own, for example, if someone turned your old body to dust then you would return with a new body as you went through reincarnation, but the time, if you keep your memories and powers would be noted in the weaknesses or note section. Ressurection would be coming back to life in your own body.

That's what I got from this.

An example of this would be the Emperor:

The Emp keeps his powers but doesn't keep him memories.

Or Dark S. who eventually can get both but for a while he didn't.

If I remember correctly the prepetual are the same:

They reincarnate into a new body but lose their memories but keep their Alpha+ powers.

Again, personally, I don't see why this type of immortality should be restricted to just Reincarnation, seeing as self-resurrection (even if it isn't reliant on anything ) is much more common in fiction.

Resurrection in the same body would overlap with immortality via Regenerationn though.

Antvasima said:
Resurrection in the same body would overlap with immortality via Regenerationn though.
Does it really? Kumagawa doesn't have regen based on his ressurection, but based on denying his injuries.

I thought we treated resurrection in the same body and Regenerationn as different things.

What do other staff members think? Should we call it "Regenerationn via reincarnation" or "Regenerationn via resurrection"?

Resurrection and Regenerationn are two different powers though. The former is generally a power that needs to be activated, while the latter is generally passive.

If, for example, a character who dies due to extreme shock or mental torture, comes back to life, that can't be Regenerationn, due to him not having died from injuries, but resurection (like Subaru's 4th death in Re:Zero). Also, resurection doesn't necessarily heal wounds when the character comes back to life; he might still have a cut arm or a hole in his chest and may simply not feel pain anymore.

Udlmaster said:
But that isn't a passive thing, he has to actively remove the idea of his injuries. It's more so Healing than anything.
No, it's both, he passively gets his own death erased when he dies, and he can also actively remove the idea of his injuries.

EDIT: My bad, I thought this was the old non-staff thread, feel free to delete these posts since they're pretty off-topic.

I would appreciate some staff evaluations here. Also, a reminder that this is technically the staff forum.

@Monarch Laciel, SomebodyData & Mr. Bambu

What do you think? Should the new type 4 be resurrection or reincarnation?

Well reincarnation generally has differences from each body to body (And generally through being born again) whereas resurrection is basically coming back the same as before.

Type 4 could just be both, just note reincarnation is generally not combat applicable whereas resurrection is.

I would like to understand something. Immortality Type 4 was for gods or beings protected by a god. So that means there is no specific type of immortality for the gods from now on ?

Back