• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm honestly unsure of the fairness of AM vs Cole, Cole upscales by being way above baseline but AM is baseline 6C with the Air Pressure of his attacks and his Prime Form is even stronger.

Don't worry, I'm confident that the scenario I've set up will at least give both fighters a decent shot at winning.

You guys ever think how much of a spit in the face the inF2 evil ending is to the story?

Like, you spend the entire game doing all of these terrible things so that you can speedrun your way beating the Beast. But then, once you find out the price of the RFI, you team up with the guy who whooped your ass and destroyed your home a week ago and who you swore to defeat. To top it all off, you then make it your goal to destroy the thing you've been collecting macguffins for the entire game and have been fighting to steal back from the Militia.

The evil ending of inF2 pretty much undoes all of the progress made in the evil playthrough.

I see it more as a tragedy thing, but then again that's what I love about Infamous 2 more than Infamous 1. 2 different final missions and all and wish it did more of that.

I guess it can be seen as a "I've become the thing I hate" but eh I guess tragedy works too

I just kinda wish they had handled the evil ending a bit more differently. Like, make it so it connects more with Evil Cole's selfishness and lust for power. Maybe instead of having him pledge loyalty with John, make it so Cole only teams up with him to get him to drop his guard. Then, once the RFI is gone and the dust settles, Cole takes John's powers from him, simultaneously getting his revenge and streamlining his way to the top of the food chain.

Okay has anybody else thought about the fact that InFAMOUS Conduits are literally the mutants from X men?

Both are superpowered humans which powers come from a genetic mutation that has been around since the dawn of human kind and in their first game (movie) their powers are awakened through a device that is meant to activate the gene within their body, in InFAMOUS, one creates Conduits while one kills them, while in X Men it creates Mutants and kills them later inadvertently

I mean, Beast Cole is basically Magneto with a different motive, Augustine is an evil Charles Xavier, Delsin is a less sexy Rouge, and I guarantee you there have been X-Men villains exactly like Bertrand before.

Schnee One said:
Okay has anybody else thought about the fact that InFAMOUS Conduits are literally the mutants from X men?
I'm pretty sure everyone has thought that at some point

Also Bertrand is pretty much the inFamous version of an X-Men villain.

Kinda funny how DC got the rights to the inFamous comics considering the second game was pretty much an X-Men story.

The first game did give off more of an DC vibe tho.

Bertrand is kinda the one politician from the first X-Men movie who's hyper racist then gets turned into a mutant

There's also an X-Men villain who's super racist to all mutants but is secretly a mutant himself. But he's coming at the anti-mutant thing through a self-loathing angle whereas Bertrand has a biblical "I'm supposed to be the chosen one" type deal.

Cole would be right at home with the X-Men team.

Although, now that I think about it, Cole's interaction with the X-Men would be interesting.

You have a guy who sacrificed his species and himself to save humanity (as far as he knows) meeting the guys fighting to protect both humans and mutants and find peaceful coexistence.

Post-Schism Cyclops is gonna want to rip Cole a new one, to say the least.

Thought Experiment: What if inFAMOUS was a Stan Lee-era comic book? How would it need to be changed to fit that sort of old school Marvel/DC style? What publisher would most likely produce the story and how would it be received?

Well first off he's gonna lose his tattoos.

Second, I think his general character can stay the same, but maybe a bit less anti-authority? Cole was very outspoken regarding his beef with his parents, boss, and "the man."

I'd also imagine Cole being more of a hard-boiled detective type, since it'd really fit the dark mystery that was a big part of the plot of the first game.

Idk about the publisher.

Hell, inFAMOUS 1 Cole kinda has the perfect voice for that, come to think of it. He totally sounds like a noir protagonist.

I'm not as sure about the whole anti-authority thing. At least, not if he's created by Stan Lee. DC!Cole, yeah, I can easily see that getting washed out, but Marvel!Cole not so much. Stan Lee knew how to appeal to his younger audience (IE: Spider-man and the X-Men. Societal outcasts oppressed by "the man") and Cole, with his everyman backstory and "deviant" ways would totally fit into that.

Granted, the Comics Code Authority would like whitewash a lot of that anyways, but still.

Back