• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Queenslayer really isn't that strong tbh.

Especially since Queen lost to Leonhardt who gets kinda curbstomped by Cole

The problem is he resists radiation and deconstruction, and his regen would let him survive Bio-leech. So, no. Stomp.

I don't think he resists it on a Macro Quantum level, still Four has way higher chances at BFRing

Four's resistance to deconstruction is withstanding a black hole, so he basically resists the potency of real life black holes (Don't know what that is).

And his BFR has a range of 2 meters.

I'll restate what I said last time. If Gunvolt has it, Cole should have it. Else it's just a double standard.

Favorite verses besides inFamous: Kengan Ashura/Omega, Chainsaw Man, Black Clover, Justice League Unlimited, Konosuba, Berserk, Vagabond, Batman: TAS

And a whole bunch more

This might or might not suprise you, but my favorite verse is Homestuck. Like, inFAMOUS gets a hell of a lot more traction on here, so that's the one I use more often, but I ******* love Homestuck.

Aside from that, it's Star Wars, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Undertale, MCU, and the SCP Foundation.

I used to love the shit outta Gravity Falls. Mostly cause of the notIlluminati stuff and that one Slenderman cameo. But overall I thought it was good.

1. Ace Combat

2. Armored Core (Specifically fourth Generation)

3. InFAMOUS

In no particular order from there, it's Valkyria Chronicles, MCU, Tales series, Mortal Kombat.

The top 2 I like because neither are afraid to go with a bittersweet ending, especially Armored Core, which honestly has a somewhat worst version of the infamous 2 ending being canon

Sadly the top 2 don't have files and never will

The Wright Way said:
This might or might not suprise you, but my favorite verse is Homestuck.
Homestuck is one of those verses where no one can figure out if they utterly hate it or if they think it's amazing, and even 4chan fails at trolling them.

To say, it's a chaotic internet God and I am terrified of the day I run out of excuses to not read it

I don't think there's anything notable about Conduit physiology that's worth making a page for

Conduits have a lot more common abilities than mutants

Usually mutants will have one thing for what they do, Conduits have accelerated development, rage power... I swear there's more but I forgot

For me:

It's

1. Mario Bros

2. Super Smash Bros

3. History

4. The Legend of Zelda

5. Calvin and Hobbes

6. Blue's Clues

7. Marvel

8. Disney

9. DC Comics

10. Battle for Dream Island/The MCU

11. Kirby

12. Minecraft

Oh also

The Wright Way said:
Question: What are guys favorite verses on this wiki besides inFAMOUS?
Definitely Parahumans (Verse), another superhero setting that shifts Superhuman discrimination to more a matter of classism as opposed to racism, which fits way better and gets more to the heart of the issue.

For example, in one of the many, many good quotes, they talk about how some neckbeard living in their mom's basement could totally destroy the world if they triggered with the right power:

this isn't short

"I can't really believe it," Crucible said. "World ending situation?"

"Oh, I believe it," Clockblocker said. "The crazy powers we get? One of them's bound to break something somehow."

"The wrong power in the wrong hands," Kid Win said. He'd reconfigured the outside of his suit so the armored upper body folded down into a pair of gauntlets, allowing him to walk forward like a gorilla, the two halves acting as massive fingerless gauntlets. It wasn't pretty, and it left his head and upper body more exposed, but it let him maneuver inside. He seemed to muse a second, then agreed, "Yeah."

Interesting to see the divide, I thought. The veteran members vs. the newer ones.

"See, I don't think it's the wrong power in the wrong hands," Clockblocker said. "I think it's a joke. Humanity destroys itself, and all these powers, they just open the door to let it happen. It's not going to be some villain overlord or even a monster like Jack who does it. I'm more liable to believe the world ends because of some deluded, fat, pimply faced punk kid that lives off pizza and mountain dew. There's no damn point to it, but sometimes I look at the idiots, the selfish assholes and the maniacs that fill this world and I think that's all we deserve."

"I like your line of thinking," Imp said. "The world gets destroyed by some loser who jacks off twelve times a day to the freakiest, nastiest parahumans."

"Thank you," Clockblocker said. "For so eloquently demonstrating what I was saying about us deserving it."

"No problemo," Imp said.

"That doesn't exist, does it?" Toggle asked. "Case fifty-three ****?"

"Everything exists," Kid Win said.
This persists even to Ward, where there's a slow burn of civil unrest, due to how dangerous these people are and how the world's already unstable enough after some major stuff happens (And also passengers complicating things but that's a bit more in depth)

On a smaller level though, the main cast is fantastic. That quote shows a snapshot of it, but there are still many more excellent lines from the undersiders and others. Take this for example:

also not short

"They probably wanted to be alone," I said.

"Yeah. I get that," Canary said.

"Alone alone," Imp responded. "End of the world, making every minute count? Nudge, nudge, wink wink?"

Imp held her mask in one hand, using it to nudge Canary twice, then tipping it to the side as she winked, keeping time with the four words.

Canary's eyes went wide. "Oh. Oh!"

"Dudette, with all the hugging and reassuring they were doing, how was this even in question?"

"I don't follow the cape scene. I don't know how close teammates get. I just figured, shitty situation, life and death, maybe you cling tighter to any buoy in a storm… oh god. I asked if I could come with them."

Imp nodded sagely. "I can see where you'd get confused. We're very close, here, after all."

Canary was blushing, humiliated, the pink of her skin contrasting her yellow hair.

Imp continued, "After all, Skitter… Weaver and I… well…"

She tried to make bedroom eyes at me, holding her hands in front of her, twisting her arms as she drew her shoulders forward, the very picture of a lovestruck schoolgirl.

Canary's face reddened further as Imp continued to poke fun.

Imp, for her part, gave it up after only two or three seconds. "****. Can't do it. Weaver here has diddled my brother, and it just feels squick and incestuous."

"That's the reason we haven't ever done the relationship thing," I said, my voice flat. "It'd be weird in an almost incestuous way."

Imp cackled. One of very few people I knew who could cackle. She was enjoying herself. This was her medium. One of them. "You'd do better with Tattletale, or Rachel."

"Thank you," I said, and I injected a little more sarcasm into my voice, "for the mental pictures that evokes."

She cackled again.
And that only makes the ending immensely more painful

Protip: If you want to cry like a forking baby, read the Epilogue interlude with last train home. I didn't cry myself, but I also really really wanted to.

Looks like I have to prepare my Armored Core wall of text now

Nobody minds spoilers to a game that came out 12 years ago on PS3 yes?

Story of Armored Core 4, which really isn't that important to For Answer which is where it picks up, but there are some things that are important later.

So to begin, Armored Core has multiple timelines and stories, in my opinion 4 and For Answer are the best. So we will start with Armored Core 4.

It was WW3, after a long and terrible war, when mechs were first being developed, both sides had to resort to a nuclear war, which heavily polluted most countries forcing them to go underground unless you had a hazmat suit.

After the chaos the world government tried to salvage what was left in the process

But the lack of replenishable resources and the civilians anger over the fact that said government wasn't trying to recover from the sins it has caused forced said government to call for a lockdown and worldwide martial law

However, this went terribly.

Corporations that had originally supplied the countries armies ended up breaking off, becoming their own private corporationsThese companies banded together to challenge and try to take down said government and help the peopleBy themselves these companies were comparable to an army with how rich they got during the warHowever, these companies had one trick up their sleeve. A NEXT.NEXTs are next generation armored core mechs, firepower of a tank but the speed of a fighter jet,This war ended within the span of a single month.THis was considered the "National Dismantlement war" stripping the government of its power The legendary pilots of the NEXTs that ended the war swiftly were considered "Originals". and were called heros for their actions

Years went by as the corporations took control of leading each country.

Colonies that inhabited the few non radiated areas that were left, had to pay the corporations to remain independent. Meanwhile, the corporations were having constant fighting, and originals would become mercenaries fighting for the corporation that employed them.

All Lynx Pilots, including originals are ranked from Numbers 1-40

This is where the story starts

A colony, by the name of Anatolia, falls under an economic crisis.

The only feasible way in order to keep food on the table, is having a mercenary to do missions for any of the corporations independantly, and making money back for it.

The details here are a bit vague, I'll try to explain as best I can

At some point either after her fathers death, or during the national dismantlement war, FIona finds and saves a pilot who was a test subject for Armored Cores, (Not a NEXT by the way, just a standard Armored Core)

This man, You, repay your life debt by becoming a mercenary in order to keep the colony funded.

With the little money they had, they manufacture a NEXT,

They originally do this independantly, doing missions for each of the six corporations (Bernard and Felix, Rayleonard, Rosenthal, Akvavit, GA America and GA Europe) Now, immeditely the game makes it clear you're doing this to fund your colony to keep it independant and nothing else.

You do VERY shady jobs during this time. Such as Killing a leader of a Rebellion trying to rise against the corporations.

But anyway, These actions of attacking each of the corporations causes them to pin the blame on one another, which causes the beginning of "The Lynx war"

Fiona is obviously scared of the fact that yau and her started a war through the missions they took.

You and Fiona are backed by Omer, and Omers pilot, a man named "Joshua O Brien", a Mercenary from another colony from Aspina who pilots a custom mech that was so fast that the enemy called it "The White Glint" after the blur they would see when it was on boosters due to it speed.

You and Joshua were unrivaled on the battlefield, taking out the best pilots in the world by themselves, and at one point take out the fifth ranked best pilot in the world. The two of them are paid an immense amount of money, and the two constantly bond as a result, becoming partners and close friends Fiona herself starts to change as a result, originally apathetic to you, but seeing him throw everything away to protect what matters most including the ones closest to him causes her to see him in a different light.

Then comes the near end of the war.

Omer asks for Cipher and Joshua to take Rayloenard and Akvacit down, and end the war. Omer and their brother company Rosenthal, first try to strip Rayleonard of its defenses. Including their covert Kill Squad. Rayleonard had a squad that would personally hunt down other pilots that were a threat to the corporations.

This was a 4 man squad lead by Berlioz, the Number 1 ranked pilot in the world, and 3 other pilots, all top ranked in their own right

These pilots had their full trust in Berlioz, who despite being a mercenary, not only cares for his squad but it also highly respectful of opponents, And only takes jobs that protect his corporation, never to attack or destroy another Omer and Rosenthal send their two best pilots, and request Ciphers help to take them out

You show up.......

......AND all pilots are dead. and Berlioz and his squad are all damaged but alive.

Fiona yells begging him to retreat and abort the mission, Emil Gustav takes over however, forcing you to destroy the wekaned squad. In the mission that made him famous, Cipher defeats all four, with Berlioz even giving him his blessing.

At the end of the war, Rayleonard is destroyed, and Joshua, in the confusion, destroys Akvavit. The Lynx war ends at this, and Anatolia becomes incredibly wealthy Fiona requests a leave of absence for her alongside you with Emil accepting

They live to regret the descision

Omer kidnaps and blackmails Joshua, forcing him to destroy Anatolia and kill you and Fiona, who has become such a massive threat they can't leave him alive, if Joshua does not comply, they will destroy his colony, Aspina

Joshua is forced to comply

However, Omer does not want him to live either and leave a loose end.

Itsa far superior mech then Joshua's old one, however, it causes so much psychic strain to pilot that Joshua piloting it literally kills him.

Anatolia is left defenseless as you and Fiona left. Causing Joshua to almost completely destroy it.When you arrive, Anatolia is in flames, and a familiar voice awaits,

"Hey....I guess theres little need for words..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y4-Xh4xx4k

The two of them fight, and you emerge victorius. but Joshua is gone, saying "This is the end? This is for the best" before his reactor explodes. Fiona calls on the Radio asking if you can hear her, before thanking him for making it out alive like he promised her.Fiona took Cipher and left Anatolia, and with his Greed causing destruction, Emil lets them go. The story ends here, their story is continued in another game, alongside a new story to come along, however thats for another day
Armored Core For Answer

Armored Core For Answer takes place about 5 years after the Lynx War from 4. The corporations that fought previously were formed into "The League of Corporations", which was originally intended to stop the amount of infighting between them, hiwevernthe companies Greed ultimately overcame this and despite being a part of one big collection of corporations, infighting still ensued.

After the Lynx war the companies started the development of the Cradles, basically flying cities where the rich and wealthy can live up there in complete peace away from the Polluted as Radiated planet

Then there's Line Ark, the worlds strongest land based power, they oppose the League and the Cradle system, and wish for the people of Earth to be granted the same salvation since it was the corporations fault the land got so polluted.

However Line Ark has a rather Weak military, and thus can't challenge the league reliably. They however, have a single Lynx, simply known as "White Glint" who is the only reason Line Ark wasn't toppled earlier.

The story begins with The Pilot "Strayed" name is unknown, his Operator is Kasumi Sumika, a former NEXT pilot from the previous war, and one of the few still alive.

The game starts with the Strayed doing a mission to send a message to Line Ark, and completely wipe out a Line Ark battlion while White Glint operates in another area.

Strayed suceeds, and Line Ark is forced to stop attacks against the corporations.

As the game continues, Strayed continuously beats multiple missions and manages to gain the corporations attention. Eventually getting everybody's attention when he destroys the Spirit of Motherwill. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=932mooNi5ak

This is where he gets a reputation as a top class Lynx.

Later on from here, Line Ark sends out a desperate call for help, as Omer (The company that betrayed Cipher and Fiona in the previous game) mounts an attack on The Megalis, a clean Air Recycling plant that Line Ark needs to keep its citizens alive.

Strayed accepts the call for help, as he ultimately dislikes the corporations treatment of people who aren't wealthy (He only did the attack earlier because he had too)

Strayed manages to easily defeat the Omer attack group, thus gaining Line Arks trust.

Afterwards, The League is completely sick of Line Ark and assume it was the White Glint who stopped their attack force instead of Strayed, so they send two top class Lynx after White Glint. Stasis and Fragil

Stasis is being piloted by the number 1 ranked Lynx "Otsdarva" who was a former Rayleonard Pilot, who absolutely hates White Glint for destroying the company that he worked for, forcing him to work for Omer.

Fragile is a Cyborg from Aspina, who Joshua O Brien was originally from.

Strayed and White Glint team up to defend Line Ark.

In a twist that was obvious if you noticed the name "White Glint" its pilot is you from the previous Game. Your operator Fiona Jarnefeldt returning from AC4.

So begins the Line Ark battle. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2BMpQypYJc

Despite his Mech being weaker from years of abuse, White Glint defeats Otsdarva, who is forced to retreat, however Glint gets hit by a surprise attack from Fragile, which disables him.

Fragile initiates an AMS overdrive, which heavily increases the strength of his Mech and its boosters, at the cost of mental and physical strain (Since he's a cyborg, this doesn't bother him)

Despite this, Strayed manages to defeat Fragile, which completely shocks the league, as Fragile was considered the fastest NEXT in history.

Fiona thanks Strayed for defending Line Ark, however, Line Ark is basically screwed as the Whiye Glint was out of commission.

Despite this, White Glint and Fiona, who were simply sick of fighting, ended up retiring from Mercenary Life, what happened to them is unknown. Although they probably just left to relax.

Line Ark is now completely vulnerable to the League, and sadly, Strayed doesn't want to be their sole Lynx as he knows that their doomed to fail.

Thus, Line Ark is gone, as is the Leagues only threat to the Cradle System

But then. Strayed gets a message...

Strayed received a message from the Leader of the Shadow Organization, ORCA, named Maximillian Thermidor

Please watch this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-FmAywVFBU

As he states, Orca intends to destroy the Cradles and stop the pollution spreading along the Earth, after that, they intend on divirting the energy powering the Cradles to anti satellite batteries to destroy the assault cells that cover the planet, these assault cells were created to stop each company from colonizing space, however the companies produced so many that they trapped themselves on Earth.

Sound Familer to ANOTHER plan where you had to wipe out a much of humanity in order to stop its Extinction? Or right, it's inFAMOUS 2.

So ORCA intends to not only colonize space, but Stop the Cradles from polluting the earth.

Strayed accepts this deal, and in turn starts attacking the facilities that power the Cradles alongside ORCA.

Maximillian Thermidor declares war against the League alongside the rest of ORCA.

The battle rages on between the two, with Strayed proving as one of the best pilots on the entire planet.

Then this is where things get complicated.

At one point, Strayed gets contacted by Old King, a bloodthirsty Anarchist who wished to send a message to the League by destroying one of the Cradles, killing millions, but in turn he reveals the Truth behind Orca.

In actuality, Maximillian Thermidor is actually Otsdarva, who faked his death during his battle against Cipher to change into his true identity of Maximillian. He was told by Omer to form ORCA in order to destroy the Cradles, without Omer getting caught in the process, thus, Omer can safely make huge profits for colonizing space after the Cradles are destroyed, and ORCA will be used to not only cover their tracks, but eliminate any enemies of the League. The Cradles do need to be destroyed to save humanity, but by destroying them you kill half of the living population, and really, Omer is doing this to suit their own ends, they do not care about the people abandoned on the surface.

Here you have two choices, destroy the Cradles simultaenously and allow Omer to win, making these assholes even richer, but still saving humanity from extinction, or wage war against both ORCA and the League, alongside Old King, and establish Anarchy. (You can also save all the cradles but this clearly isn't the canon ending and honestly you just doomed humanity by doing so)

'ORCA Path

You have chosen to help Omer despite their motives to save the rest of humanity.

Meanwhile. Old Kings attack gets thwarted by number 3 rank Wynn D Fanchion, one of the few geniuenely good people in the verse, who is willing to disobey orders if it means protecting people

Strayed is given one last mission, to take control of the Arteroa Cranoum, Maximillian states that he is dead if Strayed received this message, as he attacked the Arteria Cranium but likely lost the battle.

Strayed, the final surviving member, begins his last mission.

Strayed arrives at Arteria Cranium, with Wynn D Fanchion, and another ally named Roy Saaland, who both disbanded from the league to protect the Cradles.

Joining them is Maximilian

See, Maximillian, or Otsdarva if you wish, was never fully on board with killing millions in order to satisfy Omers needs and being used like a tool, and him being expected to give his life so Omer can gain more power was the tipping point, and the three of them defend Arteria Cranium Together.

Proving once and for all he is the best Pilot around, Strayed defeats all three of them at once, before destroying the Cranium and shutting down the Cradles.

It's a REALLY bitter sweet ending. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RfCO7ihxZlY

Anarchy Path

Strayed Destroys Cradle 03, killing 100 Million People in the Process, this ENRAGES your operator Kasumi, who abandons you and leaves you to your own machinations, not willing to assist in your desire to cause Anarchy. This starts a war between you, ORCA and the League, Otsdarva is enraged at you thwarting Omers plan and drops his Facade and wages war with the Five best pilots alive, with only one goal

..."End the Strayed Dog"...

Old King and Strayed meet these Five Pilots in an attempted ambush.

In what is the single most batshit crazy fight I have ever played, Strayed successfully kills all Five pilots, including his operator. Old King dies, but leaves Strayed to finish his fight against the compaines, the game ends with Strayed flying away from the battle.

What happens after For Answer and which ending is canon is questionable, the fallen cradles suggest both ORCA and Destruction. We don't know much from there. People still debate to this day which is canon after ver a decade.

Back