• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Schnee One said:
Wright what is the movie out of ten IYO

Say nothing else but that
Uh, whoops, got ninja'd. Sorry dude.

I give it a 4. It starts strong abd then just goes down.

The Wright Way said:
Rise of Skywalker was an overcorrection to The Last Jedi, which itself was an overcorrection to The Force Awakens, which itself was actually pretty good. I personally blame listening to much to the unpleasable fanbase.
I

wow that's actually kinda on point

like dear lord that's entirely accurate for this trilogy

In my opinion, as much as I hate Disney Star Wars, the trilogy did have a lot of potential.

One of the biggest gripes I have with the trilogy as it is, is that it was too similar to the original trilogy. I'm not one of those people who think the prequels were a "masterpiece" or something, but to it's credit, it was original at least.

I know it's been said a million times before, but the sequels feel like they're taking too much inspiration from the originals, almost like the editors have the original movies' template on their final cut pro timeline. And that overwhelming sense of familiarity really takes me, at least, out of the story.

That's a force awakens problem

The last Jedi tried to subvert our expectations and

Well it's the last Jedi

Rise of Skywalker is trying to serve the fanbase but from what I can tell it doesn't function

You know what would have worked

Just make EU books into movies

It would've been better if Abeloth was the main villain of the trilogy, and Rey was one of Luke Skywalker's students at the Jedi Academy trying to overcome her bloodline's legacy.

Also, Luke dying to save Rey from Abeloth would be a much better death than what he got.

Question: What if Cole was in the MCU? I'm not talking about in the same way we did when asking "What if Cole ended up in your favorite verse?". I'm talking about "what if inFAMOUS was bought by Marvel or Disney, got turned into a movie and was added to the MCU?" What tier would he be? How would his character be used? How would you like to see him implemented in such a case?

You know what's ironic

even with Cole getting downgraded, MCU got walloped so hard even his first key is several times stronger than Thanos

What tier would he be completely depends on how he is portrayed, given Marvel has no prior expirience I imagine they rank him around that of Electro but far below Thor.

I just want them to portray him as the games did, a character who was begrudgingly forced into the role of being a hero but came to accept it as time went on

From a DC-side, Cole would probably be ranked equal, or possibly slightly superior to Black Lightning. Out of all the electrical-based Marvel and DC characters (Black Lightning, Static, Electro, etc.) Black Lightning seems to be the most similar to Cole. Especially considering his best feat is identical to Cole's .

Question: Should Nix with the RFI have a key on her profile? Sure, it wasn't fully charged, but its power null could incap the Beast for a significant amount of time. At the very least, it should be optional equipment.

they have it for like, 2 minutes before Cole proceeds to beat them to death

Btw, should we re-add "higher" with Lighting Stork/Ionic Storm/Karma Bombs to the profile? They are noted to be their ultimate attacks.

Question, why is Cole's Ice and Napalm powers tied to his morality? I remember Cole choosing between the powers having no affect on the morality system.

Actually, it does. Napalm powers are considered Evil and Ice powers are considered good. Don't know why, but whatever.

No, it was pretty blatant. I'm not sure how you missed the resulting karma from either choice.

Yes, seeing as how there is no "Neutral" route for inFAMOUS.

Looking at the cutscene now I don't know how I missed it either when I played the game half a billion times.

I wasn't sure if the profiles took the outcome of having Napalm powers with Good Ending or Ice power with Evil Ending into account.

I mean, the games are mostly built around the (rather flawed) perspective that you're either gonna fully dedicate yourself to the good or evil paths. As far as canon is concerned, Good Cole was completely Good Cole.

Also considering the historical context and ethical/environmental ramifications of using something like napalm in battle, it makes sense that Napalm would be considered a morally questionable power.

Oddly enough there are some easter eggs if you choose the opposite karma choice in inFAMOUS 2. For example, if you're Good Karma and choose to ram the trolley full of explosives into the Militia's base, his answer to Nix will be different.

Nix: So Cole, how'd you do it up in Empire City man? News made it sound like you owned the place. What's your secret?

Evil: Fear. Scared the living shit out of them, and they feel right in line.

Good: Act like a hero long enough, and people start believing you are one.

Someone write a fic where Santa teams up with Cole so that they can deliver presents to all of Empire City by Christmas morning

Also Santa is a Conduit

And delivers a lump of coal to all of the leaders of the criminal factions of Empire City (and Moya)

Back