• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Speed Guidelines FINALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The feat is an outlier. The statement isn't false. Not to mention we never assumed "acting in a timeless void" always = Infinite speed. Did you even read the OP?

So, you try to say that it is not because you travel / Exist in a timeless Void that you have Infinite speed? except that it is the case except in case of outlier (or type 1 Void) like UQ holder or the character must reach the atmposphere in 30 minute ect ...

This seems good. I agree with matt that type 1 should be renamed to false void or something along those lines though.

And you missunderstood it, the feat is not an outlier either, he literally passed weeks training in that place even though it's a timeless void THOUGH I'm not saying UQ Holder characters are immesurable. Im trying to say that voids alone without any other proof shouldn't qualify for infinite speed. This is fiction we'r talking about, and voids can have different properties (the case with UQ Holder, it is outside of time and omnipresent through it, though characters don't have problems moving through it because the rift doesn't prevent the characters from moving but it just grants them special properties as long as they are in the rift, BECAUSE they are in the rift). So to conclude this: Void can't be used as a single reason to give a character infinite speed due to how much they differ. So it either needs to have other proof that a character has infinite speed OR have proof, feats or statements that normal ppl can't act in the void. I don't see my argument being unreasonable here seeing as infinite speed is not something that can be thrown lightly on characters.

PS: There are a couple of characters that should have their infinite speed reviewed once again, so will they get reviewed once the changes with infinite speed are done?

Earl, that is what the OP is saying. Dividing up the types of "timeless" voids found in fiction to reassess which ones would confer an infinite speed and which ones wouldn't. At this rate you're going to get it moved to staff only, figuring out what characters need to be revised is to come after the guidelines are set up.

@Fire

This is literally what the OP says. We aren't just handing it down just willy nilly. We even have examples. This is why I question whether you read the OP.

Also what characters exactly?

Firephoenixearl said:
Ok then if "true voids" require proof that only infinites can move there, then ok, i agree with OP too.
^This is unreasonable. You really expect any fiction to follow this? Sorry but no. This is not happening to be blunt.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^This is unreasonable. You really expect any fiction to follow this? Sorry but no. This is not happening to be blunt.
How are you gonna be able to define whether a void is a TRUE void. Our example, how can u define what kind of void Queen's Rift is? The only proof we can get is normal characters being able to walk through it, and that's all we can use. That's what i mean when i say "true voids need proof".

I personally agree with Fire. Moving in a timeless void should just be an ability rather than infinite speed, when the speed is never portrayed as being infinite in comparison to others who have finite speed.

AKM sama said:
I personally agree with Fire. Moving in a timeless void should just be an ability rather than infinite speed, when the speed is never portrayed as being infinite in comparison to others who have finite speed.
If t = 0

Speed = 0, unless speed is ∞.

Firephoenixearl said:
How are you gonna be able to define whether a void is a TRUE void. Our example, how can u define what kind of void Queen's Rift is? The only proof we can get is normal characters being able to walk through it, and that's all we can use. That's what i mean when i say "true voids need proof".
Look at the verses who were accepted as true voids. Digimon and FFXlll-2 are two verses that have proved this with consistency. FF with just incredible detail.

The Everlasting said:
If t = 0

Speed = 0, unless speed is ∞.
So now math counts eh?

We decided we would stop with the math on this cases because of my points on infinite speed that all come from mathematical conclusions.

I suggest you read our last thread on this. We don't need to regress to this stuff all over again.

@Ever

I know math. I am just saying that t=0 should not be tied with speed. If the concept of time doesn't exist then the concept of speed doesn't exist. Moving in timeless void should just be an ability. These beings who gain infinite speed by this logic and their speed is never portrayed as being infinite in comparison to others who have finite speed, should instead have the "ability" to move in timeless voids.

Just like the beings who move in a time stop, have the "ability to move in time stop", which we call resistance to time stop. t=0 doesn't affect them, not because they have infinite speed, but because of their ability to function/move in it.

That is just my personal point of view. I find the infinite speed standards pretty weird.

Btw, if anyone could answer my previous question, that'd be great.

Well idk really, that's why im not too convinced on this. From what @Dragon said they should be really detailed, idk past that doe.

You two should read the message I posted on AKM's wall. No need to clutter this thread as these standards are pretty much accepted and just need to be worked into a page or whatever they want to do.

Kaltias said:
Personally, i'd say that the main criteria should be a in-verse description of how the flow of time passes (or doesn't) when you compare the void and the regular world.

So not "This void is timeless" but stuff like Re:Digitize (?) stopping your timer when you enter the Dark Area, for example
I still think that this is a rather important criteria for type 3 voids (if type 3 voids are those that grant infinite speed)

Well I mostly meant the "explain the relationship with regular time" bit.

Maybe I misunderstood the OP.

Is anybody in the staff willing to write a draft for our "Timeless Void Feats" page explanation text?

Just a note, I don't think the Demon Realm should be the example for Type 2. It was agreed to be a true void. This whole debate came to be because people were arguing that it being a timeless void wasn't enough. Another example should be used.

@Ant

I'll try.

To prevent any other specifics being regarded and to stay on topic, I think it should be mentioned in the op that this is about the guidlines as a whole and if anyone wants to, make a thread on the specific verse afterwards.

Kek. But yeah look as Kepekley23 comment

"Just a note, I don't think the Demon Realm should be the example for Type 2. It was agreed to be a true void. This whole debate came to be because people were arguing that it being a timeless void wasn't enough. Another example should be used."

Probably irrelevant and maybe already discussed before, so pardon me.

How about Undertale, after Asriel eats the timeline in theTrue Pacifist route? Is that an actual timeless void?

Let's stick to the general topic first please. Then we can start to figure out which pages that need to be rescaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back