• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there anybody who could give Rimuru a good fight

I'm using the light novel version, is there anybody who could give Rimuru a good fight, no stomps or low dif fights, just somebody who presents a challenge win or lose, there aren't many mftl+ characters in 6C.

Does he share any tiers with Kharn?

Smash has MFTL+ High 7-A but these aren't tiers I know.

you could try a culexus assassi

I mean, Rimuru's stuff will be nulled, only for the Culexus to get one shot by Rimuru sneezing in their general direction.

They fight tier 5s and 4s in canon as is so they're used to gigantic AP gaps

I thought that High 7-A Rimuru (LN) might be a good match-up against High 7-A Natsu.

Escpacially since they are thematically quite similar to each other (both got dragons inside them and both can use and absorb fire, for example). But I didn't want to create it because it's not too appropiate for the OP to argue too much in favor of a character. And considering it's Fairy Tail, their fanbase...

Rimuru's currently active "fanbase" is only the size of maybe 4 or 5 people at max though, so I disagree with that.

NeoSuperior said:
Rimuru's currently active "fanbase" is only the size of maybe 4 or 5 people at max though, so I disagree with that.
I am of the same mindset.

I mean Natsu vs Rimuru, I believe would a stomp Rimuru since Rimuru got abilities like Law Manipulation which he does resist. Also, Natsu got no way to negate his High Regenerationn.

I don't believe it take that much thought to see it a stomp, even if is a super fan.

Well, I am a knowledgeable members of both series, in any case.

NeoSuperior said:
Never understood why the series never took off like others.

Doomrider7 said:
NeoSuperior said:
@Doomrider7, WN was not properly translated for years in English. Also, the LN transalation is taking a while,

Some of you guys like CP are fan of niche eastern fiction.

Honestly, speaking if @CP and you guys never link the site to read the novels. I would never have gotten into the novel.

@Doomrider7, WN was not properly translated for years in English. Also, the LN transalation is taking a while,

Some of you guys like CP are fan of niche eastern fiction.

Honestly, speaking if @CP and you guys never link the site to read the novels. I would never have gotten into the novel.

That's the thing, it's likely the most popular isekai LN adaption judging by its Manga sales numbers and the sheer amount of money it's making across the board. It's niche here, but not there. Similar issue with One Piece where it's popular here but was dwarfed by its contemporaries, but in Japan it was and still is King of the Shounen Mountain. And yeah I agree about the translations. Even now the Manga translations are slow, though consistent. I do also have a link to the Discord which I'll leave in the series discussion thread for those interested.

I agree that now I think after the anime release the series become more well-know. I would agree more are familar with the LN content since the anime and manga are based on it.

The WN case, despite being completed and the most poupular aspect of the series here, I would argue that less people know of it since LN is generally like by more people.

@Doomrider7, cool, you could post the link in the series Discussion Thread :)

Sheska444 said:
rimuru is designed to either stomp ppl or get stomped by ppl
Yes, true. The irony is that I think he was supposed to be more nerf in the LN. Low-key, I would be interest to have Rimuru vs Rimuru (Fun and Board because I already know the winner) in the future since I think this Rimuru would upgrade since there is supposely a feat via Gravity Collapse that could destroy the Great Forest of Jura which about the size of a continent in Future Volume.

NeoSuperior said:
What Smashor mean is how the fanbase debating and most of the debate goes heated fast iirc

I rather think of happy thought then anything that coukd cause me PTSD.

Well, it doesn't cure but PTSD acceptance does.

One problem with Rimuru is that he's the typical OP MC, but made in a likable way, so it's easier to like him than other OP MC. The problem lies in that he's still OP, and to the point he pretty much is a composite profile for his entire verse. Giving this, it's easy for people who like him to get heated up because this guy has walls of text of hax.

Also, I understand poor Celestial Pegasus and his niche LN. I made an entire verse because I seriously liked the series, but I think I'm the only one who knows the summary of the verse is an overly flowery way to hide the first 5 volumes are a cliché storm because I want people to stay untill volume 6 since that's where the hidden plot surfaces and the series starts breaking some of its clichés.

Hard to get the discussions going with only 5-7 people in the fan base, and the series having a bad rep due to VS Matches that have nothing to do with the actual series and it's arrative.

Ionliosite said:
One problem with Rimuru is that he's the typical OP MC, but made in a likable way, so it's easier to like him than other OP MC. The problem lies in that he's still OP, and to the point he pretty much is a composite profile for his entire verse. Giving this, it's easy for people who like him to get heated up because this guy has walls of text of hax.
I mean the wall of texts did improved though. with tabbers and roughly everything is defined in the Notable Attack.

I never did get why some get angry because wall of text for text.

From my openion and I saw, it looks like some don't read the text for both opponents which I think is more problematic.

Well, composite MC is a things and he does become OP quickly

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Hard to get the discussions going with only 5-7 people in the fan base, and the series having a bad rep due to VS Matches that have nothing to do with the actual series and it's arrative.
Treu, about the rep.

I disagree about lack the number of fanbanses. The issue is not many evaluation staffs are familiar with the verse and some avoided verse they are unfamiliar with. Without citations, for claims, it is easy to dismiss some arguments even if the proposal could be correct. Usually, a staff who is familiar with the series can figure out what is correct or not. But in any case, we can somewhat easily fix by adding source texts, quotes or links for each proposals in the OP when we can contact them. The other added benifits of citation is that it make the proposal stonger since it is back up by evidences.

I think another problem is with the staff evaluation staff contact, too. @CP, who is the only evaluating staff expert in the verse, won't always be available for the CRT and I think I saw some threads get nowhere or limbo as result for a while. Nonetheless, we can move past this stage if we contact other evaluating staffs like Discussion Moderators, Administrators, and Bureaucrats for the CRT evaluation.

I mean I read both WN and Manga because of another series where the MC is abandoned by the goddess because he was average looking and given powers by Tsukiyomi. You think that wall of text was bad you should read Evil god. After getting hooked on Isekai LN because of the two series I had the misfortune of reading Evil God. In the first chapter he was hyped up as being thousands upon thousands of times stronger than the Mao who comes every few years to destroy the world. He is the hidden boss and is so strong that his 1000s of Mao level soldiers combine power cannot faxe him. His powers are so long that the author writes etc in power list. As a 2000 year old being and with the hype given to him you would think this was an op mc but in reality he gets beaten by few teenagers who barely beat the Mao because they were girls and MC is beta and can't use his powers after seeing them. Really, that was a lameass excuse especially since he has no problem using powers against females just a few chapters later.

Back