• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with The Spoonkiller Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flamethrowers are apparently 9-C, even though they were generally used for terror and destroying buildings. Our tiering system is really weird with low tiers, between stuff like that and how piercing matters and we just don't account for it.

It's part of its heat resistance, tbh.

Yeah, we don't see the tank feat so we shouldn't use it as proof.

We're back down to the TNT feat, which is one single Dura feat that's an outlier compared to the dozens of other times it's harmed by completely mundane things.

"possibly much higher" is fine by me. We just don't have enough to give it a solid dura.

>Its an outlier despite it is backed up by the star wars episode (stated to be able to endure all weapons made by mankind), and the fact the episode has a continuity, showing Jack´s attempts to be done one after the other.

Sorry, but TNT should stay, it is not an outlier in any way.

Asuka the Demonic Empress said:
>Its an outlier despite it is backed up by the star wars episode (stated to be able to endure all weapons made by mankind), and the fact the episode has a continuity, showing Jack´s attempts to be done one after the other.
That entire episode was a dream. No feats or statements from it should be taken seriously.

Even then that statement wasn't "all weapons made by mankind", it's "Jack used every weapon he could find".

I'm fine for fire/explosions resistance. Once again I thank Frieza for being polite and calm discussing this.

Deadmemeguy said:
Why is the profile here?, shouldn't it be with the rest of the youtube characters on joke battles wiki
The video series follows a plot, and had a movie in the works.

We have other youtube series here like Super Science Friends, for example.

Finally, it should have either clairvoyance or extraordinary tracking skills o good it can always find its target, as it was always able to find Jack despite his best efforts. It somehow knew the exact spot in the Gobi Desert to meet Jack for their showdown.

Extrodinary Tracking Skills sounds good to me.

You'd be surprised what people can do in real life without Clarivoyance.

Downplaying ginosaji this hard is such making me mad.
Everything on the profile has been clrealy cited on the video links ive provided.
Linking videos and hoping for the best isn't ample proof.

I gave clear descriptions as to the problems in each instance of evidence.

Actually argue against me. You've yet to do anything other that claim downplay at what I post, and I've gotten universal approval outside of you.

Frieza has already gave me what they said, and actually responded to my arguments.

Notice how they're actually convincing me of things?

And nerfing him this badly just makes him more and more like a unusable character, instead of a legit counter to Thunder Mcqueen.
This is an indexing site first, not a "let's make a character to win battles" site.

I like the character. I don't want them portrayed incorrectly here.

Either way, motive is unimportant. Though, I've seen fans of verses downgrade them plenty of times. Just stick to debating the profile, not the circumstances surrounding it.

You can believe what you'd like. The best I can do is tell you how I feel about something. Your entire debate with me has been you repeatedly stating an appeal to motive.

No fan of a character would disregard clear cut feats and lore just to downgrade a profile.

Conversely, no fan would like to see a character portrayed incorrectly.

Considering the derailing, and that I've gotten near-universal approval for this, can I implement changes?

Actually, Torli has a point.

I'll leave this open. Speak here, I'll report and close other threads as it's unecessary. Just tell me your misgivings here, so we don't waste time.

From where I am standing, only three things are being lowered: The speed (the Star Wars spoof that implicated him having MFTL+ travel speed was a dream, so that makes sense), the durability (again, while he has tanked RPGs, fire, and TNT, he has been damaged by knifes, chainsaws, and shotguns, so it seems that it's mainly ressistent to temperatures and explosive based weaponry while being somewhat vulnerable to piercing weapons, which Dragoo says he's fine with noting in the profile, it does not help his victims much since he does not seem to feel pain, can control his limbs after they are cut off, and can reattach them afterward), and his illusion creation is being removed. Honestly, I always wondered if that was really the Ginosaji or if Jack was hallucinating. Anyway, it's not like he needs the speed given his tracking skills and teleportation. His durability can be noted to be much higher against explosive weapons, so he is still a stone wall. His ability to regenerate and pull himself together still makes him very hrd to destroy. At most, the Illusion Creation can be listed as a possible but uncertain ability, since it's not really clair.

The Curse Manipulation was inaccurate. Yes, he is bound to Jacks family by a curse according to the 1:30 mark of this video, but as far as we know, he cannot manipulate curses.

Replacing Fate Manip with Probability Manip is fine, it bassicly follows the same principal of him keeping his victims from dying through other means.

Invulnerability only comes into play for fire and explosives since it can be damaged by piercing weapons.

I'm not sure about the transformation though, I think that its body really is just filled with bugs and worms.

I agree. Even if it is part of a curse, that doesn't imply it can cause curses itself.

Agreed as well.

Resistance covers that. Invulnerability is usually only something you grant via statements and is usually a special power in itself.

I wouldn't say so; it bleeds normally even when its guts are being splattered on a wall.

Hell, the main damn point of the series is that the ginosaji is unstopable by normal means, downplaying him is literally the opposite we should be doing.

Outliers are feats that CONTRADICT previous instances of power or durability, not "jumps you consider to be questionable or too big for me to consider it legit"

If it's damaged by a normal knife and bullets then yes, being completely unharmed from and RPG is an outlier.

It simply doesn't work like that with our system.

The point of Saitama is that he is an unbeatable gag character. If we implemented him as such he would beat every opponent, and having him even struggle against a character like Son Goku would be immediate downplay on every level, right?

We just can't implement Ginosaji as unstoppable into our system just because that's what the series wants to make it out to be. We only go off of what has been shown, otherwise we would have several characters that break the system in the same regard. Superman would be limitless, Son Goku could overcome any character, Saitama would be unbeatable and now Ginosaji would be unstoppable.

Please stop suggesting such a thing as it always takes this revision off-topic and Antvasima has expressed that we need to avoid it as much as possible.

Those are outliers in the other direction, as he also consistebtly fights with tier 4s. He's also very soft, except when he doesnt want to be.

Buu is clearly letting himself get hit by bullets. A stronger pointed force such as gumball Vegito was unable to punch a hole through him until he launched himself out the back of Buu's mouth.

Again you are changing the topic. Go make a Buu revision thread if you want.

Oh snap, its not like Ginosaji also has multiple feats of him surviving stuff way above 9-C, lemme list you four examples from the top of my head -

Being run over by a car at full speed

TNT

RPG

Star Wars spoof statement where he has survived every weapon made y mankind.

Cars are 9-C to 9-B

Outlier/explosion resistance

Outlier/explosion resistance

Tier 7 durability is definitely an outlier, and apparently didn't actually happen

IRL children have survived being hit by cars before, 10-C cars when

There are regular people who are run over by a speeding car and survive.

TNT can range from wall level to large building level, so again not an impressive metric.

RPG can also vary depending on whether or not he was directly hit.

Unfounded. He also regularly gets shot by bullets and bleeds from the wounds. You'd have to ask Dargoo for more since he is better equipped to debunk this, though I think he already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back