• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack is back: Samurai Jack discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be really late, but what did you guys think of episode 2? In my opinion, it was near perfect, but they over did it with the blood.

@Royalty1702

Pretty much my opinion too. It had a great action scene and the suspense when Jack was being chased by the daughters of Aku was killer. All of the blood just felt a bit to much. Not a big issue, though.

It was indeed near perfection and the music fit perfectly. The blood is only a minor issue and doesn't affect the overall awesomeness of the episode.

Wait ... If you guys are talking about the assassin girl's blood - it was important to the story, right ? Because otherwise Jack wouldn't have realized that he had been fighting a human

He went from feeling bad about killing a human and being in unbearable pain to "F*** this! Imma kill them!" in one night. Got to hand it to Tartakovsky for not dragging the guilt stuff on and getting to the point in a believable manner. And of course for giving us one of the best fights we have seen in the entire series.

I agree. Jack basically didn't even had a whole episode to deal with this fact, hell not even half of it (well technically that much at best), and then just got over it and went badass mode like how he was in the old days.

Makes me wonder how good he would be if Samurai Jack now what really been an Adult Swim show....

Looks like I thought the truth right out of the get go whereas Ashi would remain alive and would actually join forces with Jack it seems to be heading in this direction since they both fell in the same area and are gonna need eachother to survive hopefully her twisted morals will be rectified and see the light like she did as a child

Okay since many people have agreed upon this on different threads, I finally removed the High 6-B rating from Jack's profile since his sword merely negates Aku's durability.

I also removed the poorly justified Mountain level durability rating.

If other staff think City Block level or Tier 7 Jack is appropriate, I guess they can list their reasons why or change the page further.

I feel like what really pushed Jack to be ok with killing was remembering his father killing those bandits. Jack idolizes his dad, and to him if his father killed in self-defense then so can he. Also I feel like the reason jack can easily survive that drop because in the "Jump Good" episode it seems like he can jump an insane height and not break his knee caps and at the worst he would break a bone from that height but he wouldn't even be close to dying.

Ashi thinking Aku created the universe....oh Jesus. 😂

And yeah, to think that's what Gennedy decided to do when he had the Scotsman coming back. Amusing to see the guy had been busy (hehe), but sad for a moment on how he had him killed like that. Good thing he came back as a ghost at least. Would like to see how he and Jack's reunion would be like.

The gimmick of Jack gaining a new outfit and then losing it was cool in the first few episodes but now I'm really starting to get a little angry because that Jack diguise from XCVI was beautiful as hell and now it's gone to never appear again.

a n g e r y

Sorry to derail the memes but do we count the Samurai Jack comics as canon? Cause Aku has some pretty cool mindhax (that Jack also resists) in them.

IDK. I never knew the show even had a comic book series until last year and even then, i forgot about it since it just wasn't talked about much.

I would no to that, honestly. But i wouldn't take my word for it just yet...

According to Wikipedia "Tartakovsky doesn't consider the comics part of the story of Samurai Jack.[11](4:58) " so yeah they're noncanon.

IIRC, Genndy helped create the comic, but has said they are not canon events between Season 4 and 5.

Edit: Yep, that link definitely confirms it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back