• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Stands Tier List!

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Yup, as title, I wanna have a little voting-based stand power tier list, cuz I think it could be fun! How does it work?

Well, every few days or something I'm gonna list a few new stands for this tier list, give my opinion on where they should be, and together we can try to agree on a placement for them. Of course this is ultimately just for fun so don't get too heated. Anyway, there is enough agreement on the placements, we move on to the next round, and so on.

A couple things to keep in mind:
  • The tiering placement should not just be based on the Stand's strength in a direct fight, being able to challenge your foes in an indirect way with something like Grateful Dead or Hanged Man can be very useful, even if in a SBA VS Thread they might not appear as strong as a more direct stand. At the same time, though, versatility is an important parameter so a Stand User's ability to defend itself from enemies should also be counted.
  • The Stand's user does not factor in the evaluation of the Stand. So, The Hand isn't held back by Okuyasu being... Okuyasu, but you better be a crack shot if you wanna use Manhattan Transfer.
  • All Stands are at peak unless otherwise stated.
  • Stands aren't gonna be ordered within tier.

The first batch of Stand Users to be tiered will be:
  • Star Platinum (No The World)
  • Magician's Red
  • Hermit Purple (User has Hamon, since I think it's necessary to unlocking HP)
  • Hierophant Green
  • Silver Chariot

Last edited:
Counted. Anyway, here are my thoughts

• Star Platinum: Borderline S or A tier, probably A. Even without timestop being within this stand's admittedly short range is basically an instant loss for any opponent, and SP is able to make up for its short range by throwing stuff, which can easily take out humans in a single hit so it's a very threatening stand no matter what, however it is very simple and doesn't give its user much room for mind games against enemies who would otherwise hold the advantage, which is fairly possible considering how esoteric some stand powers get.
  • Magician's Red: This stand is very powerful. If used correctly you've basically got dozens of meters of virtually inescapable AOE, although you'll have to avoid burning yourself. Now, melee stands can defend themselves against it, but you could still attempt to set the user on fire if they are within your range, or pull off some of its special moves that hit harder. It can also sense any presence within fifteen meters with a certain technique, which could be really handy in a lot of situations. A Tier.
  • Hermit Purple: Initially, stuff doesn't look that great for this Stand, and it definitely is the most underpowered of the SC MC Stands. You need pretty damn good acrobatic prowess to use it to swing around stuff, hacking is neat but limited and the same can be said for divination- although to be honest you could get pretty creative with that especially since it can track enemies in real time. Now, in combat the Stand itself is not so great- it scales to 8-C sure but barely and any direct combat Stand worth its salt will be able to get rid of it. However, passing Hamon through Hermit Purple could be a really handy trick, especially considering how versatile Hamon is: You've all seen how skilled Young Joseph was with some string, and Hermit Purple is basically all of that but much more useful since he has direct control over it. However in the end I don't think it really stacks up to most Stands out there. B to C tier, either works for me.
  • Hierophant Green: Tricky Stand this one, definitely the most complex out of the Crusaders' lineup. Surrounding your environment with a forest of tentacles basically guarantees you'll catch any enemy, especially since they can be used quite stealthily, and you can basically use them as trap and set them to unleash an Emerald Splash when touched, which makes them even more difficult to avoid. With the possible implication that not even The World would have been fast enough to get past the 20MES without its time stop ability, this is one hell of a strong Stand with prep. Without prep, it's not as good, but you can still use its tendrils sneakily, and a good Emerald Splash can take out basically any non-combat Stand. Definitely a solid A Tier for me.
  • Silver Chariot: Diet Star Platinum. I mean, it's basically the same- not quite as impressive in direct combat but still more than enough to take out almost any opponent, which is what matters in the end. It's missing Star Platinum's impressive Lifting Strength and stopping power, superhuman eyesight (In fact, it's dependent on the user sight-wise) and throwing skills and the only boons it has to show for it are a ranged attack that screws it over if it misses, better Afterimages and possibly better range, which I think is not enough. A Tier still.
they do be the protagonists huh

Plat's extreme vision and senses might actually be useful, even outside of a fight. His precision is that of a machine, his vision is beyond a machine's, and he's just really good and skilled at shit because he just is, comes with the package.

Plus he has kinetic vision, which I guess is the same shit Diego has?

Indeed my boy Star Platinum in A/S Tier.
Gifted with super strength and super speed, it could probably defleft ranged projectiles thanks to its overwhelming speed.

Super Strength and Speed has its applications too, Jotaro with the creative mind managed to use it quite well. From using its super speed to carry water onto its fist to slam it into a manhole to fling rubber soul towards him to sucking a fog with its super strength. There's probably more ways Star Platinum could use its super strength and speed but we haven't seen it.

Star Platinum's enhanced precision is no joke when it scales to Chariot's impressive precision feats alongside its own feats. This precision can really help determine how much power Star Platinum will output, he can go from super strong to just strong enough to incap a human.

Star Platinum is indeed very durable and could take hits. Star Platinum could help close the range gap with his stand leaps, trying his best to come close.

Star Platinum has his rage power which is nice to have, it is a potent stat amp too which is useful to use against stronger foes

he can go from super strong to just strong enough to incap a human.
Super strong to just strong enough to incap whatever the lovers is.

Also HG is good, it has huge dick range, at its lowest, hundreds of meters, at its best, there is no limit. It's pretty ******* good. Also body puppetry is useful for stealth, invading and incap.

Purple Haze in F tier because imagine having a Stand who's main ability has 5m AOE, but the Stand only has a 5m effective range, on a lethal ability, that effects you too.

Fugo should've ******* killed himself testing his power. While not Canon, PHF even points out it's a miracle Fugo didn't off himself using his Stand for the first time and he got lucky because Bruno was there to help him.

Indeed my boy Star Platinum in A/S Tier.
Gifted with super strength and super speed, it could probably defleft ranged projectiles thanks to its overwhelming speed.

Super Strength and Speed has its applications too, Jotaro with the creative mind managed to use it quite well. From using its super speed to carry water onto its fist to slam it into a manhole to fling rubber soul towards him to sucking a fog with its super strength. There's probably more ways Star Platinum could use its super strength and speed but we haven't seen it.

Star Platinum's enhanced precision is no joke when it scales to Chariot's impressive precision feats alongside its own feats. This precision can really help determine how much power Star Platinum will output, he can go from super strong to just strong enough to incap a human.

Star Platinum is indeed very durable and could take hits. Star Platinum could help close the range gap with his stand leaps, trying his best to come close.
While I do agree with this, these properties aren't unique to SPlat, some other strength-focused Stands like Crazy Diamond could probably pull off almost all of this, maybe not quite as well but here's the thing, being super strong is a diminishing returns kinda thing, as long as you're strong and fast enough to beat anything in a direct confrontation, once you're the strongest thing out there you really don't gain that much more by being stronger, especially with how few direct combat stands there are in recent years.
Star Platinum has his rage power which is nice to have, it is a potent stat amp too which is useful to use against stronger foes
Yeah but, there are no stronger foes, Star Platinum has one equal and no superiors, so becoming stronger than it already is doesn't really earn that much within the context of JoJo when you think about it. Plus this is removed from Jotaro and I feel like Rage Power is kinda tier to his own willpower and stuff, so idk if it would do much on an average joe.

We're tiering time stop-less Star Platinum right now.

In verse Plat is an easy S. Outside of verse, probably like an A. As you said, diminishing returns, lots of Stands have a workaround for super durable giga *******, like KQ for example, you touched, you dead, while with Plat, once you get tough enough it becomes problematic for him (See SHA for example).

So it depends on the context of this list.

This is tiering their combat ability within the world of JoJo, not for crossover fights

Then an S by pure virtue of he throttles 99% of the verse in pure combative ability, power, speed, precision and has a bunch of extra boons like super senses, kinetic vision, super breath, Star Finger for some reason, and so on. Not to much exponential growth potential and learning ability.
Dude's treated as King **** of Shit Mountain in verse for a good reason. If you ever engage him directly, you lost. And even if you don't you gotta be careful anyway.

eh fair enough. Every other rating I proposed is fine?

Struggling with HG, when looked at in general he's actually really ******* strong in a general sense for the verse. He just got cheated by being in the Part with the most hyper combat focused Stands.

Yeah honestly hundreds of meters of AOE range is really busted especially when it doubles as fairly stealthy recon and trap-setting. Offensively it's like, unbeatable if the user has a few minutes to prep. It might be S

Not to mention an Aoe attack that could cripple half the verse that doubles as danmaku, which is ******* stupid on a long range Stand, literally bypasses the main weakness of them, in that they weak.

Plus 20m Splash was just something he pulled out his ass in like a minute or two while being effectively hunted, it actually isn't very hard to pull off, hell I fear what he could do with actual prep.

Plus it has some body control, can spiderman, can possess, and size manip because idk he just decided he can do that.

I agree with giorno's placement, though with kakyoin being A-S tier.

Hermit purple not being made for combat really hurts it here but it's abilities are extremely useful, it gives you a lot of information gathering abilities, effective telekinesis, web swinging with vines and ranged hamon

Edit:Just checked his page and apparentely HP has some scaling to joseph, sooooo A tier it is

Bro people are mad underrating HG rn. That thing can attack really effectively from anywhere within at least hundreds of meters, perform recon in that same area, set up traps and basically unbeatable defenses all at once, no way it's Average, it just doesn't shine too well in direct combat (And it doesn't even suck in that regard), but if you use it well you can basically prevent direct combat from ever happening unless your opponent is like, DIO or Diavolo levels of busted.
Edit:Just checked his page and apparentely HP has some scaling to joseph, sooooo A tier it is
Actually come to think of it, Joseph needed to exert his own strength to perform the 8-C feat, so while obviously HP does scale to 8-C in his hands, I dunno if it would in the hands of some 10-A rando (probably higher than that cus hamon but still)

Last edited:
well first there's star platinum, who is basically just better than chariot in every way
I'd say he's A tier just cause of his scaling chain
Chariot would be B tier just cause of the fact that he doesn't have star platinum's strength, doesn't quite have his speed, doesn't have his eyesight, can't use star finger (at least without losing his sword), he can't draw, he can't inhale things, he's just so much worse
hermit purple isn't great in a fight but people forget that cause of hamon it's technically a healer stand, so he'd be good to have as part of your team but I wouldn't wanna have that stand alone. If we're judging it by solo performance in battle then it'd be like C or D tier, but it has other utilities like finding stuff, and also reading minds and all those other random hamon things that they just came up with along the way each episode
hierophant is a ummmmm
I don't really wanna talk about it
Magician's red is pretty cool and I feel like it's potentially even better than platinum cause of the fire. Just the fact that he can control it and do what he did against chariot makes him feel like an A tier thing to me. Also there's that random thing he did when he made a metal detector or something with it
I think you forgot iggy btw, he's probably one of the best just cause of the fact that he isn't really affected by his stand taking damage and can also do like a sweird substitution thing with sand to just teleport around. And making impostors with it is also pretty cool I guess, I wish we saw more of his scaling though cause they built him up to be like the strongest guy on the team and then he ends up a 9-A lol

also the reason star platinum absolutely cannot be S tier is because of stuff like
Made in heaven, D4C (even without love train), and King Crimson type of stands that'll be on the list

Iggy's coming later, we're doing stuff chronologically for the most part, I just shuffled Chariot a couple spaces forward so we could have the main five Crusader stands together.

I mean S Tier just means you're one of the absolute strongest Stands out there, not that you have to be comparable to everything else in S

oh I see
also I just think Star Platinum is pretty close to the other things I'd be putting in A tier just cause of no hax, it'd just lose to a lot of the more creative stands out there like man in the mirror or heaven's door or even purple haze

Idk about purple haze but vote counted. Rn we have
  • Star Platinum: 4 for S, 2 for A, 2 for S/A
  • Magician's Red: 5 A
  • Hermit Purple: 2 for B/C, 1 for A, 1 for C/D, 2 for C
  • Hierophant Green: 2 for S/A, 1 for A, 2 for B
  • Silver Chariot: 3 for A, 2 for B
(Edited)

Last edited:
I agree with Star Platinum at A tier. There's more useful Stands out there although I don't think any of them are in Part 3. It should be at the top of A tier.
Hierophant Green is also A tier.
Silver Chariot is B tier since its not versatile.
Hermit Purple should be C.
Magician's Red is more versatile than SC so A tier.

There's a lot of shitty Stands and we're discussing some of the most hyperfocused combat types in the verse. When Stands with actual weaknesses or downsides start showing up it'll fill the rest up too.

Back