• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Stands Tier List!

I think we've had enough discussion on these five, I've updated OP and here is a new batch of Stands!
  • Tower of Gray
  • Dark Blue Moon
  • Strength
  • Ebony Devil
  • Temperance
  • Empress (I wanted to do six but I also wanna do Emperor and Hanged Man in the same batch)

strength is the opposite of versatile, it's literally a boat that can only attack the things riding it
but it was capable of beating a lot of people at once, so it's not so bad in that aspect
the fact that it's a boat kinda sucks tho, perhaps B tier overall, it'd be higher if it weren't a boat

tower of gray is really hard to hit, but it put all its skill points into speed and none into anything else. The fact that it's long distance is cool though, and it really is probably a very annoying stand to fight
the only reason it didn't get beaten quicker than it did though is because Avdol couldn't use his flames, Jotaro couldn't stop time, and Joseph
though I do think it'd be able to take out a bunch of other stand users, like the entirety of the part 5 gang, and it'd speed blitz most of the part 4 cast, so like the top of B tier since it's pretty hard to defeat normally but it'd struggle with

Dark blue moon could pretty much match or even beat star platinum in the water until Jotaro discovered he could strech his fingers really fast. The fact that it really only worked in the water is a good and bad thing since most stands wont work in the water, but also it needs to be in the water, gonna have to go with yet another B tier

Ebony Devil E tier
not much to say other than it's literally just a sneaky doll and the user literally had to get his ass beat for it to work

Yellow Temperance is pretty much invincible in terms of stands but if the user is stupid then yeah, but overall it's literally at the top of A tier since Jotaro literally admits that star platinum can't hurt it, probably due to the fact that it's just really sticky goo

Empress I have no idea, how did it even get on Joseph in the first place???? The damn thing doesn't even have a profile. Judging by the way it died it has relatively weak stats and only lasted cause of hermit purple being weak. I dont honestly know how to rank it, maybe D tier

We're rating them overall, including versatility, so DBM should be evaluated overall, not just in water. Anyway...
  • Tower of Gray: If I recall correctly, ToG was fast enough to avoid attacks from an early Star Platinum, so that's fairly impressive. Beyond that though it's really lame, just a discount direct combat Stand that trades its strength for... I dunno, longer range and smaller size. B Tier, though, it is pretty effective at its one incredibly lame gimmick.
  • Dark Blue Moon: Also a very lame Stand. We never see it do anything above the water, and being forced underwater to use your full potential is pretty limiting unless you wanna spend your whole life near the sea. It doesn't even let you breathe underwater, it's something you gotta train yourself, so it's not even that broken underwater. Now its combination of barnacles and whirlpools do make it a pretty strong combatant in its niche, but I have to assume it would be pretty unimpressive on dry land. C Tier.
  • Strength: This is a weird one. On one hand, you literally cannot use this one on dry land, at all, and in fact you specifically need a ship to take over and enhance to use Strength, which makes it a really hyperspecific and gimmicky Stand. But once that's done... I mean, it's basically unbeatable. You've got thousands of tons of steel at your command, and you know your enemies' position on the boat at all time, so you can just run away from them forever and have the ship wear them down and kill them. Genuinely, unless you're a dumbass ape and show yourself to your enemy, they will never be able to do anything but delay the inevitable, even Jotaro was gonna lose if Forever didn't throw the fight. So... I dunno, at it absolute peak it might deserve S Tier cause it's just so strong, but maybe it's C Tier cause it needs so much prep to work at all? Nevermind that it's still very situational... I dunno, will wait for other opinions.
  • Ebony Devil: Actually one of the absolute worst Stands out there. Seriously, let's go through the risk-reward on this thing: First off, you need to bind it to something for it to fight, Devo got lucky cause there was a doll there, but you might genuinely not find anything usable in some situations. Secondly, you need to get injured, specifically by your target, to activate it, until that happens you're defenseless. Now, most Stand Users will just straight-up kill you if they think you're a threat, but even if you're up against someone nicer than that they might just knock you out, or not attack at all, which means you're useless. If you manage to get your opponent to hit the sweetspot where you're really injured but alive and conscious, what do you get? A mediocre Stand with no interesting abilities that needs to rely on trickery to fight someone like Silver Chariot. The whole MO of getting attacked to then fight back is really risky to begin with, and you don't even get anything good out of it! Hell, you're not even safe if you make it away, cause Ebony Devil still transfers its damage to you so all the enemy needs to do is destroy it. Awful Stand. D Tier.
  • Temperance: This Stand is actually busted. Just the shape-shifting bit of it lets you approach most enemies inconspicuously or make a safe getaway from a fight gone wrong, and that's without going into the many many mind-games you could come up with it. But even in direct combat, this stand is really good. It's basically impossible to damage and offers great protection against any physical attacks, to the point not even Star Platinum could do much to it, meanwhile it has dozens of tendrils and contact with any of them basically spells doom for anyone considering they'll slowly eat you. Genuinely, this is basically two different, good Stands coming together into an overpowered Stand with so much potential for cool ideas and big brain plays, and none of the Crusaders except for maybe Avdol would have been able to beat it if Rubber Soul wasn't a dumbass. S Tier, and I mean that.
  • Empress: Back to awful... Nena played all her cards right in her arc. She singled out the weakest Crusader (or just got lucky), approached him inconspicuously, planted her Stand and then went into hiding. Then, when Empress sprouted, she caused chaos and prevented Joseph from ever re-uniting with the Crusaders while it grew in power... and she still lost. This stand takes time to develop, needs you to get close to the target to plant it, isn't that strong upon reaching its peak and when destroyed, which most Stand users will pull off easily, kills you. D Tier.

gonna change some tiers
  • Tower of Gray: D
  • Dark Blue Moon: A (in water ofc, outside like a D but nobody would go somewhere that doesn't have water with this stand)
  • Strength: A or S
  • Ebony Devil: D
  • Temperance: A
  • Empress: D

gonna change some tiers
  • Tower of Gray: D
  • Dark Blue Moon: A (in water ofc, outside like a D but nobody would go somewhere that doesn't have water with this stand)
  • Strength: A or S
  • Ebony Devil: D
  • Temperance: A
  • Empress: D
strength can't be an S, it's a boat + it would lose to too many things
the hand, heaven's door, killer queen probably, maybe echoes act 2, wonder of u, d4c (he can't even touch him he'd literally just leave the boat if he tried to crush him), made in heaven, and the list goes on

my argument is that it would lose to a lot of stands + it's not versatile
name one thing about what I said that's stupid, now

do I really have to go and list down every single stand it would be disadvantaged against and explain why each one would probably beat him?

If you're willing to stay in Strength all the time then it's basically an unholy fusion between Star Platinum and Hierophant Green in that it's incredibly strong and can attack from anywhere no matter what you do, deadass if the user plays it smart it could even beat someone like Diavolo just by constantly moving away from them and throwing out attacks until they **** up.

i would literally just hide somewhere in the back of the ship, you automatically know where everyone is, you can restrict their movements like by either sinking them into the ship and suffocating them or use like metal tenticles and restrict their hands, what are the hand and killer queen gonna do now nothing now you just chunk a fan at their heads and booom victory

If you're willing to stay in Strength all the time then it's basically an unholy fusion between Star Platinum and Hierophant Green in that it's incredibly strong and can attack from anywhere no matter what you do, deadass if the user plays it smart it could even beat someone like Diavolo just by constantly moving away from them and throwing out attacks until they **** up.
strenght is almost like a pocked dimension where you can control anything

i would literally just hide somewhere in the back of the ship, you automatically know where everyone is, you can restrict their movements like by either sinking them into the ship and suffocating them or use like metal tenticles and restrict their hands, what are the hand and killer queen gonna do now nothing now you just chunk a fan at their heads and booom victory
Killer queen would blow up the ship of course
the hand would obviously be able to escape most situations just by erasing parts of the boat until there's nothing left of it, though it'd be much less effective than killer queen
not to mention for it to even be able to fight you'd have to get your enemy onto that specific boat, something that only worked with the stardust crusaders who needed a boat
heaven's door winning isn't something I need to explain
cream just erases the boat aimlessly and it'd work perfectly
Chariot requiem obviously
Spice Girl can just soften anything that tries to crush or attack, it just could not do anything
stick fingers would just zip through the boat and stuff and there's really no way for strength to deal with that,
Sanctuary (I forgor if that was the localization name or not) swims through it easy
Tusk wins for obvious reasons
and pretty much every jojo villain that gets a power up stand now that I think about it
and more, of course cause I haven't even read part 7 or 8 or part 6 scenes that aren't in the anime
strength is not unbeatable at all, + it's hard to even get in a situation where you could fight someone with it. That's not even A tier material bro

Killer queen would blow up the ship of course
does not have that level of range
the hand would obviously be able to escape most situations just by erasing parts of the boat until there's nothing left of it, though it'd be much less effective than killer queen
yeah, until Strength hits the user from the back or immobilizes it
heaven's door winning isn't something I need to explain
no shit, heaven's door loses to like, one stand in the whole series
cream just erases the boat aimlessly and it'd work perfectly
except that eventually the user would peek out and then you could tag them. by no means a stomp at the very least
Chariot requiem obviously
Spice Girl can just soften anything that tries to crush or attack, it just could not do anything
lol what, even if it does that it has absolutely no way to find Strength's user and could just be sealed in a room if that is necessary
stick fingers would just zip through the boat and stuff and there's really no way for strength to deal with that
outside of like, hitting the user when possible?
Sanctuary (I forgor if that was the localization name or not) swims through it easy
oasis. cannot swim through metal
Tusk wins for obvious reasons
unless you just take the stand user's head off from behind with a ceiling fan before they realize the ship is a stand
it's hard to even get in a situation where you could fight someone with it
This bit is what makes me unsure about tiering it, you'd have to basically dedicate yourself to a lonely, marine lifestyle to use Strength at all. But its actual combat prowess is amazing

technically anything 8-C should be able to blow up the boat actually
I guess most of the reasons for it winning come from the fact that they wouldn't know the boat is a stand, but also it's one of the least versatile stands ever
that alone is why it is quite literally impossible for it to be S tier, and if the thing it's fighting has any kind of passive stuff like wonder of U and chariot requiem or just can't be killed like BIG then it's losing ez
but I guess if they dont see it coming then they'd lose to it
def not S tier tho, probably not A tier

technically anything 8-C should be able to blow up the boat actually
Strength is definitely more durable than a normal ship lol
I guess most of the reasons for it winning come from the fact that they wouldn't know the boat is a stand, but also it's one of the least versatile stands ever
that alone is why it is quite literally impossible for it to be S tier, and if the thing it's fighting has any kind of passive stuff like wonder of U and chariot requiem or just can't be killed like BIG then it's losing ez
You do realize you are bringing up the absolute most busted stands out there? Yeah no ****** shit it loses to the Wonder of U guess who else does? literally the whole damn verse minus two people

Strength is X tier simply because the user is an orangutan. As we all know, orangutans are the besterest animal of all time, so he wins without even having to try.
you'd have to basically dedicate yourself to a lonely, marine lifestyle to use Strength at all.
This isn't too hard. To be accepted into the United States Marine Corps, you just need a hint of homoeroticism and a crayon-heavy diet.
no love for TWOH?
We're ranking stands based on chronological order. We'll reach TWOH eventually, but for now we're still discussing Part 3 stands.

by the way, are we judging the stands as in without their actual users, or just their users being out of character
since I think removing the world's vampire aspect would give it less reason to be a different placement than star platinum, or removing rat being a rat would also get rid of its stealth, and probably other examples
or if we're just doing it on a case by case basis, since cheap trick literally kills the user and notorious BIG basically needs the user to die, and superfly too sorta

For Tower of Gray, it's important to note its stinger has extremely high AP. It's frail, but the needle tongue has enough piercing damage to not only damage HG's armor, but also early Plat. Plus its speed is high as **** with long range.

I'm going to try some:

• The Emperor is interesting because it is basically just a really good gun you can summon. In addition to being unable to protect the wielder it is a one trick pony that can be adapted to very easily, considering the bullet curving is really its only gimmick besides it being easy to conceal as a stand and the aforementioned ability to summon it to your hand. I'd give it a C tier.
  • In the context of Jojo The Hanged Man is quite easy to beat once you've figured it out, but nearly impossible otherwise. Being able to attack people with blinding speeds while invulnerable as the user is sitting quite a distance away is powerful, but once it fights someone who can exploit its predictable moves they get kinda wrecked. I'm pretty sure if it's in a completely dark area it dies considering its fleeing from closed eyes, but I could be wrong. In the hands of an average Joe it's a C or B tier while an especially cunning person can bring it to A tier.
  • The Lovers is an incredible stand... if you want to be left alone. I'd like it in the context of Jojo because it means that I can avoid getting attacked by one of the characters, but it being completely reactionary makes you being unable to use it to attack people who you want to defeat except for slitting your own throat. Ultimately if you want to fight someone it's only slightly better than... I forgot the name of the one that kills the user and the target. Definitely D tier in the context of Stardust Crusaders.
  • Judgement is an amazing stand that has higher combat ability than Silver Chariot and can turn its opponents psychological weaknesses against them by having them make wishes that don't go well. As long as your opponent isn't super big brain like a Joestar or Dio getting the jump on a single opponent will cause them to multiply your forces before the fight starts. Definite A tier, unless the user is impatient or just dumb.
  • Osiris is hilarious because it literally changes the genre of the series while it's in play, with its tier entirely depending on the intelligence of both you and your opponent. It may require your opponent to willingly play a game instead of you being able to force them to, but that only adds to the whole "useless if you aren't smart, amazing if you are". I believe it's just off the list because it's so unusual and needs you to "git gud" at something from a different genre entirely.

In order my dude.

Strength is good but circumstantial. You need the foe to willingly get on board a ******* super tanker. That's something that isn't gonna happen 99% of the time, of course once on, it's a literal death trap but we're looking at prep and circumstances harder to pull off than Fun Fun Fun. It's like S in offense/defense/whatever but a solid F in actually being able to use it normally, I'd say average it out. Though in regards to durability, if we're talking one shotting the whole ship, you're looking at tier 7, it's a super tanker, by def

DBM is like C or D out of water, A in water. Good stats, aoe and barnacles that incap and weaken foes plus scales that make it hard to engage. And good range. But like Strength, needing a ******* ocean makes it tough to place.

Yellow Temperance actually OP. Dura neg via acid, automatic defenses, shapeshifting, power amps, long range, basically invulnerable to most conventional damage and protects the host accordingly.

Ebony Devil kinda ass, not only do you need rage to effectively use it, but it's not even good once you do. It got obliterated in a direct fight, and it only worked because it was Pol. Like, what would he have done against Plat or Abdul who don't need to see to fight? The Stand would've just ripped its head off without any issues because they ain't blind. Having a dumb prerequisite, low power, speed, taking damage when the object it's bound to gets harmed and so on, kinda bad, only good thing is the range.

Empress also kinda sucks, the prerequisite is hard to do, getting your blood on a foe (you either need prep like Blue Hawaii or get lucky, if your foe knows you the main body, you already lost). And then the Stand has to grow. Early on, 90% of Stands could just remove or kill it, like boo hoo you got a wound on your own arm now, the fact most Stands can get away with just a deep cut is pretty damn good. If it gets going it gets pretty hard to deal with but that ain't exactly something that should happen very often.

one thing I will say in defense of strength not being able to get into a fight is this:
Stand users are attracted to other stand users

I think I'll actually change my strength rating to an A because if used right, the only stands that can consistently defeat it if the user isn't an idiot monkey are gonna be S tiers

Killer Queen is at least a solid A tier by itself having solid physicals as well as a decent variety of potent abilities.

However once it evolves and adds BtD to its already legit arsenal I think its S tier especially with the JORGE JOESTAR version.

Back