• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

haven't touched the manga but I'm sure Jonathan negs part 9
He would if he knew about NR. If he gets caught in NR's AOE, or doesn't avoid the rain, he'd be incapped due to the weight. Then again, Rohan could just book him.

Most MC stands wouldn't have even been able to escape the wire trap. Literally, only CD and Plat have enough grip and tear strength to do so, everyone else would have to mutilate themselves, or would have just been *****.
No they can literally attack the cats the only option isn’t destroy the wires

do we even have speed feats for anyone in part 9 what’s to say the cats don’t get statued

Gio pre-Baby Face (And only because afterward he could just make a new leg), Jolyne, Johnny for most of Part 7, Gappy, all would have either died or came out of that mutilated.
Only Star Platinum and maybe CD would even be strong enough to rip the wires.
Jolyne isn't losing to strings. The rest of this is true though.

No they can literally attack the cats the only option isn’t rip destroy the wires
With what range? You realize basically every MC Stand has dogshit range?
do we even have speed feats for anyone in part 9 what’s to say they don’t get statued
The fact that if they were in the same situation, they would have tripped the trap too? Or did you forget they didn't show themselves till after Jodio activated a noose trap? If you put Jodio and the cats in the same room facing each other, no prep, no bullshit, they would have been floored. If you're complaining about Jodio not being able to escape the trap and kill them, that applies to everyone but Jotaro and Josuke too.

Also there's Rohan scaling if you want to count that, otherwise we need to calc gravity rain bullshit im getting numbers above most of part 6 and early part 4 though so there's that

Last edited:
Jolyne isn't losing to strings. The rest of this is true though.
These strings are tougher than her strings. Her strings while extended by up to 24m only have a tensile strength of a few dozen kg (her own weight to be exact as stated in C-Mon Part 2), while these, extended just as long, can bisect trees and are harder than steel. Jolyne could unravel herself, but if they get her in a net, she can't unravel herself that much, only like 70-90% of her body and not her heart can be turned unturned, if she does, she risks killing herself.

With what range? You realize basically every MC Stand has dogshit range?

The fact that if they were in the same situation, they would have trapped the trap too? Or did you forget they didn't show themselves till after Jodio activated a noose trap? If you put Jodio and the cats n the same room facing each other, no prep, no bullshit, they would have been floored. If you're complaining about Jodio not being able to escape the trap and kill them, that applies to everyone but Jotaro and Josuke too.

Also there's Rohan scaling if you want to coun that, otherwise we need to calc gravity rain bullshit im getting numbers above most of part 6 and early part 4 though so there's that
Giorno can do attack reflect by making some bugs also

Giorno can do attack reflect by making some bugs also
Attack Reflect only works if they attack the created creature. Which they don't have to do, they just have to attack Gio, if they ignore the animal and just kill him, well so much for that idea.

If their goal is to kill Gio, they're not going to stop what they're doing to go kill a random small animal he made (especially if they see him make it, which they would), not to mention, how? He's tied up or bound, he can't exactly grab to make into shit and GE's rage is 2m max, not enough to grab anything around him as stated by Jodio, the branch was 7m high, the trunk 4m away, and the ground just as much.
And even if one did attack one of Gio's hypothetical animals, there's 3 of them, kill one, that doesn't save him, and now the other two know his trick and will go berserk.

Attack Reflect only works if they attack the created creature. Which they don't have to do, they just have to attack Gio, if they ignore the animal and just kill him, well so much for that idea.

If their goal is to kill Gio, they're not going to stop what they're doing to go kill a random small animal he made (especially if they see him make it, which they would), not to mention, how? He's tied up or bound, he can't exactly grab to make into shit and GE's rage is 2m max, not enough to grab anything around him as stated by Jodio, the branch was 7m high, the trunk 4m away, and the ground just as much.
And even if one did attack one of Gio's hypothetical animals, there's 3 of them, kill one, that doesn't save him, and now the other two know his trick and will go berserk.
All he has to do is put the creature between him and the wires the wires will then squeeze the creature the cats have 0 clue he has this ability to

Giorno can use the thing on his outfit which he’s done multiple times before to make stuff he doesn’t need to find anything on the ground

All he has to do is put the creature between him and the wires the wires will then squeeze the creature the cats have 0 clue he has this ability to
Did you miss the part he has to actually make a creature first? With what exactly? And best case is he only gets one cat, not all three because they'd notice damage the animal killed one of themselves, and just avoid, given we see them have extreme precision. And they can unleash numerous wires, Gio gets to blck a wire with animal (he magically has), the other 20 wires attacking him just attack anyway because he absolutely won't have anywhere near enough animals to stop all the attacks, ignoring how he'd already be in a situation where he can't put an animal between him and the initial wire because it's bound to him already so he's losing a leg at best.
Giorno can use the thing on his outfit which he’s done multiple times before to make stuff he doesn’t need to find anything on the ground
He only gets two of those, and it can only create small animals like frogs or animals of comparable mass, which needless to say, would be a pretty huge red flag (this is assuming his arms don't get bound like Paco and Dragona had) also assuming the cats attack them anyway.

My brother in christ, November Rain one-shot's these cats to oblivion as was showcased when he was in range of one of them, the same cat's who's Durability should scale to their AP that cut down multiple streets due to being their fur, and the only reason they were at a loss was because the cats already set up a trap while the thief gang had no knowledge. Any other JoJo who's name isn't Jotaro likely gets merked or maimed in their early part incarnation.
Jodio can’t even beat a couple of cats bro he really is weak pretty much every mc stand would destroy the cats

the same cat's who's Durability should scale to their AP that cut down multiple streets due to being their fur
Hol up, you might be cooking 🤔
Any other JoJo who's name isn't Jotaro likely gets merked or maimed in their early part incarnation.
Jotaro just lucks out by opening the part with like Class K to low M LS by Chapter 2, though he'd stomp by like Ch10 anyway.

It's hilarious the mf here thinks November rain is weak when the part hasn't even reach 2 digits when it comes to chapters, show me chapter 7 Giorno, Jolyne, Johnny and Hat Josuke doing shit to the wires. 🙈

It’s pretty out of character tbh. Even when he’s at risk of death without it(prob cos araki forgot or ignored it)

he probably just realized that giving a protagonist 100% damage reflection with no strings attached as an ability that early in the story was a bad idea
He should have made a rule that was like "he can only reflect damage on this type of attack, and the reflection only moves at this speed."

It's gravity, with water droplets.
It's 100% gonna dip back into spin again.
I hope it goes in the other direction and we get fate manip like Made in Heaven or law manip like Wonder of U. It makes sense with all his talk about laws of the world and mechanisms and getting spin upgrades 3 parts in a row is kinda eugh

Jodio 100% has law manip via mechanisms. That funny lava rock literally got WOU built in but for money.

If Jodios exposition in ch1 is taken at face value he's going to be stupidly hard to beat because says he can't lose due to it, how true that actually is though we need to wait and see.
and getting spin upgrades 3 parts in a row is kinda eugh
Nah it cool, remember Hamon? Araki don't but the fact he remembers spin is based.

Jodio 100% has law manip via mechanisms. That funny lava rock literally got WOU built in but for money.

If Jodios exposition in ch1 is taken at face value he's going to be stupidly hard to beat because says he can't lose due to it, how true that actually is though we need to wait and see.
Well whoever beats his ass at the end of this arc is going to be a tough nut to crack as well (still betting on there being a twist where Jodio and gang lose their hard-work from the heist as said by the end of chapter 1)

Since we aren't probably going to get stand stats for November Rain until JoJo turns 40 or something, I wanna share my prediction for what it could be:

Power: I feel like this could be either B or A, as we haven't seen any enemy that can tank it, whether it be those cops or the cats, so this seems right
Speed: it doesn't appear to be blindingly fast, as the cats can react and dodge out of the way, though this might be the windup for it, so I'm comfortable at placing this at C, maybe a B
Precision: Probably it's best stat, as Jodio can control what the rain crushes without there being difficulty, thoug the shotgun effect is a little worrying, so I say this is a clear cut A
Staying: We haven't seen the stand take any damage before because it hasn't been attacked directly yet, I wouldn't be surprised of this was on the lower scale, maybe a E or D
Range: something like, 10 meters right? That's what was stated? I'd say C for this one
Development: A, all main Joestar stands have max development potential at the beginning of their respective part minus Josuke4

10 meters right?
I've been pixel scaling some stuff. It's height is like 6.3m~. And Rohan's room was like 15m wide.

Assuming the AOE is as wide as it can spread its legs like a spider, 15m-ish is probably good, so it'd have low B.

I'd say
Power: C (like Soft & Wet).
Speed: E (Immobile kinda) or B (Rain)
Precision: A (Shit's wacky)
Range: High C or low B (there's been Stands around 10m in both so depends on araki's mood)
Staying: Idk literally nothing yet
Potential: A

I've been pixel scaling some stuff. It's height is like 6.3m~. And Rohan's room was like 15m wide.

Assuming the AOE is as wide as it can spread its legs like a spider, 15m-ish is probably good, so it'd have low B.

I'd say
Power: C (like Soft & Wet).
Speed: E (Immobile kinda) or B (Rain)
Precision: A (Shit's wacky)
Range: High C or low B (there's been Stands around 10m in both so depends on araki's mood)
Staying: Idk literally nothing yet
Potential: A
Yeah, that makes sense. It feels like stand stats are becoming out of style though, due to JoJolion lacking many stand stats. Though that's probably because it went on for 10 years with no new guidebook.

Stand stats were initially developed with the intent to help readers understand the concept of stands in general or how they differ as he got lots of fanmail of confused readers.

Now that that's not exactly an issue given 2023, they're probably no longer needed.

Villain, walking up: "Jodio, if you die, I'll give you money."

The rock: 🤔

Yo Chariot, did you see this?

I did, I chuckled, and don't quite care for it.

We're wiping that one out whenever I finish mine which tbh has been done like 4 times now, I'm just waiting till he gets a feat for every stat so there's no Unknown stats. A few staff rated it out btw, one bro dm'd that shit like 5 minutes after it was made saying it was sussy.

I did, I chuckled, and don't quite care for it.

We're wiping that one out whenever I finish mine which tbh has been done like 4 times now, I'm just waiting till he gets a feat for every stat so there's no Unknown stats. A few staff rated it out btw, one bro dm'd that shit like 5 minutes after it was made saying it was sussy.
damn I wish I could see it (also yeah it does indeed look sussy)

Tbh gotta finish up baoh, he's been like 95% done for ages, Walken's big feat is annoying to calc tho
If I had a nickel for everytime a big feat was preformed by a guy named Walken in a lesser known series, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird it's happened twice (other Walken is Bear Walken from Gungrave)

I want to ask, how does IDL works?

1. Do you have to kill the enemy literally before going through an infinite death loop

Or

2. When the enemy is affected by the RTZ then at that moment the enemy has entered IDL, and then the enemy will not reach the reality that he is truly dead until infinitely without being killed by GER first

Which one is correct?

1. Do you have to kill the enemy literally before going through an infinite death loop

Or

2. When the enemy is affected by the RTZ then at that moment the enemy has entered IDL, and then the enemy will not reach the reality that he is truly dead until infinitely without being killed by GER first

Which one is correct?
Whatever chariot says is wrong

Or

Which one is correct?
The first one, RTZ is a stonewalling ability

Back