• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Juggernaut revisions

He still gets at least types 2 and 3 immortality as well as limited transmutation. I will try to find some other sources for the removed abilities. In the meantime, I would like to suggest some other changes to the profile, including giving him a list of feats. I will discuss this when I wake up. I'm exhausted.

Most of this seems to make sense, but isn't the aura just his force field? Also, enhanced senses seems like a big exaggeration.

Okay. Next, I think we should give him a key for after he was re-empowered by Cyttorak. In the 2014 issues, at one point, Cyttorak boosts his powers even further, making him much stronger and more durable and granting him complete immunity to mental attacks even without his helmet. The X-Men only managed to defeat him by destroying the cliff he was on, causing him to fall into the ocean and removing him from the area. This boost was apparently only temporary, as in all the following appearances, he's back at his normal level of power and he was shown to be capable of being affected by mental attacks again without his helmet.

It doesn't matter if you find feats mate, if we were to add temporary buffs Marvel pages will be endless, so it's better if we not.

No, I meant for his normal stats. I have been looking around and his current page really undersells how powerful he is. Being blunt, he seems to be among the most powerful non cosmic entities in the entire Marvel franchise, which is saying a lot. His tier rating is fine, but he really needs some feats listed along with more justifications for his AP and durability.

I agree with Zark about temporary power-ups.

From the other powers with links Enhanced Senses and resistance to fire are wrong (the latter would just be durability given his power) and the rest are good (even aura, as it pushed Prof X).

Okay. Are you certain that the aura isn't just what the writer called his force field though?

It slightly pushed someone via emanating pure power, it's as useless as it's legit.

Is the whole "temporary" thing the reason we currently only have a key for Beast's most common and current state (his blue beast form) and not his other two states (his mostly human form that he had for his early appearances including his first fight with Juggernaut before he was further mutated, as well as his blue jaguar form that he had at one point)? How long does a character have to have a form/buff for it to deserve a key? We have one for Trion Juggs, and that was only in two issues. This reminds me of the MLP FIM wiki's page for Tirek. Several months after season 9 started, they switched his default image on the site from his first form to his second, with a key that said "current", with the image reading "Tirek's second and current form", which was changed back to the image of his first form and had the wording changed to "Tirek's first and current form" after he was depowered back to that state in the final battle.

What counts as a "temporary" state by this wiki's standards?

Resistance to extreme cold and radiation is fine.

For feats, first off, the Juggernaut once tore off a huge chunk of a building and used it as a weapon. He also did this during an issue where he had been noticeably weakened and was gradually losing power:

Juggernaut building

Not very high I think, but he should probably scale to Thor at least.

Well, I suppose that is a good point, and the Juggernaut's unstoppability power makes it hard to gauge how strong he actually is in comparison to other characters that he has pushed backwards, although in that case I think his strength should remain unknown.

I found a couple more powers related to his forcefield. first, he can fire energy blasts from it. This was an ability he only demonstrated once in a single issue as far as I know. For unknown reasons, he never uses it again even though nothing implies this was a temporary power, so it is only likely to come up in Bloodlust matches where characters use everything they have.

Juggernaut projectile

I still do not think that it is appropriate to give him such a low strength rating. Also, the energy blasts seem to be an outlier that has been ignored by all later writers.

The force field stopping Mjolnir (Thor was weakened at the time) is inherent in the ability.

Well, I do have some feats. First off, he managed to defeat Professor Hulk without his forcefield, helmet, or armor (Professor Hulk is somewhat stronger than regular Hulk's strength at its base level and much smarter, but unlike regular hulk, he is unable to grow stronger through anger. Even so, the fact that he did it in nothing but civilian clothing is somewhat impressive):

Jugs beats Hulk

Well, the merged/professor Hulk did not have any particularly high lifting strength feats.

No, but I think this should be mentioned in a potential Feats section for Juggernaut. I am mainly looking for feats now. Most of his powers are added by now. One of the few powers not currently listed is his supposed "unstoppable momentum"/infinite kinetic energy while charging, but listing that might be a NLF.

One big feat for his forcefield (the best quantifiable durability feat his forcefield has displayed since the low grade Godblast from the weakened Thor cannot be gauged) is no-selling a direct blast from Cyclops that had enough power to rip a small planet in half:

Juggernaut focefield

I think that is severe hyperbole for Cyclops.

Also, Juggernaut does not have infinite power. His movement can be stopped. Both Thor and the Hulk have done this. However, moving forward adds lots of extra power to his strength level.

Back