• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

And the thing with Mahoraga is that it isn't really about strength to beat this shikigami. Sukuna was far and above Mahoraga the entire fight, easily harming and tanking attacks from the shikigami. The big problem was that Mahoraga's adaptation made any attack that didn't kill before it's wheel finished useless afterward. Even Gojo's best move, Hollow Purple in its two appearances fail to kill instantly opponents less sturdy than Mahoraga.
Plus his sword is positive cursed energy which is essentially dura neg and insta-kill curses, same with how yuuta was able to kill kurourushi by giving it positive CE iirc

Even Gojo's best move, Hollow Purple in its two appearances fail to kill instantly opponents less sturdy than Mahoraga.
The circumstances around these need to be made clear
1st was a very small version as Gojo just first performed it
2nd had enough Aoe to wipe out tens of Mahoraga's but he fired it from so far away that Hanami had the time to partially evade with his with Trees and avoid being consumed whole.

If Mahoraga was within range of what Gojo usually fights at, which is like melee to tens of meters it'd die from it

looks like Megumi is still in there fighting back. He is even holding back Sukuna's output. Yuji recovered from the hole in his chest somehow and his physical strength/stamina has clearly increased. It's either some type of healing ability or Kenjaku imbued his body with another power that we didn't know about till now.

Did Yuji just tank Cleave?
Yes, But actually no Megumi ****** up his CE output, It's also tough to say when his output started dropping, wether he was fighting back since he nom-ed on Hana or since Yuji showed up, thought Yuji did get a clear jump in power, Sukuna notices and was impressed with Kenjaku's work at this but didn't seem like he was taking Yuji serious.
Sukuna did give him a heel kick tho but that's eh
Yuji still also failed to actually do anything to Sukuna
I can see Yuuji scaling to Jogo tho, Jogo could take a hit from Sukuna toying with him but that doesn't hold much water, Sukuna regarded him as strong but with Yuji still called him a weakling even with declining output so Yuji should just scale above his previous self

I was referring to his Low 7-B Maximum Meteor that would've hurt Sukuna not regular techniques
bruh why would we be talking about his greatest attack? im just talking physicals, like ofc his meteor can hurt him but otherwise Jogo aint really that strong

Jogo seeing him as leader and his growth overall. Not to mention he took several attacks from bf and todo and yuji, something jogo can't do.
What Gege said was
5 Black Flashes and a Playful Cloud strike from Todo would exorcise him

But Mahito only got hit once or twice counting ISODK Mahito by a BF and Todo's hits aren't effective against Mahito cause of his CT

That's not really a fair comparison

At no point does Mahito ever even come close to having even a single attack that can damage Sukuna, and yet the man himself says if he got hit with Maximum: Meteor, he would’ve suffered some damage.

And uh, Jogo only placed him as the leader cause of his abstract nature embodies as a curse, room for development and how Mahito will continue to get stronger

it literally does lmao.
No, it doesn't. Jogo liked Mahito's spunk and it was to mirror the other relationships of the arc (such as Nanami and Yuji) and was talking about Mahito's potential as a leader. None of that means Jogo conceded Mahito is > him.

What Gege said was
5 Black Flashes and a Playful Cloud strike from Todo would exorcise him

But Mahito only got hit once or twice counting ISODK Mahito by a BF and Todo's hits aren't effective against Mahito cause of his CT

That's not really a fair comparison
I think it is. As I said Mahito's propped up to be their leader, he's the only one who's continues to grow and is stated that he does, Nanami sees him as a threat that they won't be able to stop if they continue to let him grow. All signs point to Mahito being much stronger than Jogo. Your only arguments for Jogo being above is his meteor and Dr White bringing up him taking hits from Gojo and a red.

No, it doesn't. Jogo liked Mahito's spunk and it was to mirror the other relationships of the arc (such as Nanami and Yuji) and was talking about Mahito's potential as a leader. None of that means Jogo conceded Mahito is > him.
Spunk? It was not because of spunk
image1.png

Mahito would survive Red, not because he’s durable enough, but just because unless you damage his soul all physical damage is useless. That’s not at all an indication of his strength.

Spunk? It was not because of spunk
image1.png
Yes, spunk, his attitude. Mahito was the best leader because he fought for his ideals.

Also, read the panels you post. "Mahito will continue to grow stronger" means the potential they are speaking of is in the future and has not happened yet. So I'm not at all sure why you keep trying to use potential in a moment to scale the person from that same moment. That's like saying Pt. 1 Naruto > Jiraiya because the latter saw his immense potential and we as the audience know he did go on to fulfill that potential eventually.

Yes, spunk, his attitude. Mahito was the best leader because he fought for his ideals.

Also, read the panels you post. "Mahito will continue to grow stronger" means the potential they are speaking of is in the future and has not happened yet. So I'm not at all sure why you keep trying to use potential in a moment to scale the person from that same moment. That's like saying Pt. 1 Naruto > Jiraiya because the latter saw his immense potential.
You actually don't get it, Mahito's entire thing is to be above the other curses in his group. He is always seen as being a greater force than the others. The time when Nanami fights him, he sees Gojo and Mahito as - They're alike. An almost textbook superficiality. And beyond that, deep dark strength, an implication of what Mahito can become and already is to an extent by drawing comparison to Gojo. This first shows us that Gege is making the point that these two in a way are similar to one another not in strength but in their curse energy, as we know the stronger the curse energy the stronger the curse and or sorcerer is. So already we have evidence to believe Mahito is in a different level compared to Jogo or Hanami.

Next we have Nanami now drawing comparison to Jogo - The spirit Gojo fought could even use domain. If the child spirit survives, it's only a matter of time before it reaches that point. If we're not quick in exorcising him, we might pass the point of no return This is clearly stating that Mahito will become a greater threat than Jogo or Hanami in a very short time, mind you his growth rate was already reaching Jogo, and by the time Shibuya Incident comes it has been months for Mahito's growth to overcome Jogo.

Even going by just feats of physical power, we have no real way to actually scale Gojo's physicals or the red he used against Jogo, they are flat out unscalable and Gojo as well seems to be fooling around and not taking Jogo serious at all. And even using the red as a feat is pointless as the one he used is much smaller than the one he uses in vol 0 which just shows again how unserious Gojo was taking Jogo.

So how are you using Gojo bullying Jogo, who doesn't actually take him as a threat as concrete scaling to say where Jogo's durability is compared to Mahito's?

You actually don't get it, Mahito's entire thing is to be above the other curses in his group. He is always seen as being a greater force than the others. The time when Nanami fights him, he sees Gojo and Mahito as - They're alike. An almost textbook superficiality. And beyond that, deep dark strength, an implication of what Mahito can become and already is to an extent by drawing comparison to Gojo. This first shows us that Gege is making the point that these two in a way are similar to one another not in strength but in their curse energy, as we know the stronger the curse energy the stronger the curse and or sorcerer is. So already we have evidence to believe Mahito is in a different level compared to Jogo or Hanami.
No you don't understand how logic works. He was not "portrayed to be above the other curses" at all in anything outside of hax. Mahito's whole thing as always been how hax he was, which made him strong.

The others recognized his "potential" to become even stronger, which was largely predicated on his personality and drive, not current stats. The scan you are using is not AT ALL saying what you think it means. Mahito does have potential, in the same way Yuji did, once again, potential means nothing in the moment. Wrap your head around that concept.
Next we have Nanami now drawing comparison to Jogo - The spirit Gojo fought could even use domain. If the child spirit survives, it's only a matter of time before it reaches that point. If we're not quick in exorcising him, we might pass the point of no return This is clearly stating that Mahito will become a greater threat than Jogo or Hanami in a very short time, mind you his growth rate was already reaching Jogo, and by the time Shibuya Incident comes it has been months for Mahito's growth to overcome Jogo.
The comparison between them was about domain expansion. The whole point of the conversation is to outline Mahito's potential as a cursed spirit.

Now explain, how this proves Mahito was stronger than Jogo. I don't think you understand what potential means. You can have "potential" and still get smashed by someone < your "potential".

If I work with a boxer who is naturally gifted and think to myself "this kid could become a pro in half the time it takes a regular person" I am obviously noting their natural ability and potential, but it in no way means I would say the kid could beat actual pros at that point in time.
Even going by just feats of physical power, we have no real way to actually scale Gojo's physicals or the red he used against Jogo, they are flat out unscalable and Gojo as well seems to be fooling around and not taking Jogo serious at all. And even using the red as a feat is pointless as the one he used is much smaller than the one he uses in vol 0 which just shows again how unserious Gojo was taking Jogo.
Yes we do, why do you think red can't be scaled lmao? You don't think we can quantify Red or Gojo's strikes, yet you literally placed Mahito > Jogo because the former tanked punches from Todo and Yuji whose moves are scalable? Your whole argument is falling apart.
So how are you using Gojo bullying Jogo, who doesn't actually take him as a threat as concrete scaling to say where Jogo's durability is compared to Mahito's?
This is all your head canon. Gojo being casual means jackshit because he's already touted capable of easily soloing the JjK verse in his sleep if he wanted to. It doesn't negate the fact that Jogo tanked several hits that did internal damage to him, nor does it negate the fact he survived a point blank red to the face which destroyed several hundred meters of forest.

No you don't understand how logic works. He was not "portrayed to be above the other curses" at all in anything outside of hax. Mahito's whole thing as always been how hax he was, which made him strong.

The others recognized his "potential" to become even stronger, which was largely predicated on his personality and drive, not current stats. The scan you are using is not AT ALL saying what you think it means. Mahito does have potential, in the same way Yuji did, once again, potential means nothing in the moment. Wrap your head around that concept.
It isn't in hax though, where are you getting from the manga that Nanami or Jogo see Mahito as powerful due to his hax? Send that. And where is this personality point from? Get that as well.

The comparison between them was about domain expansion. The whole point of the conversation is to outline Mahito's potential as a cursed spirit.

Now explain, how this proves Mahito was stronger than Jogo. I don't think you understand what potential means. You can have "potential" and still get smashed by someone < your "potential".

If I work with a boxer who is naturally gifted and think to myself "this kid could become a pro in half the time it takes a regular person" I am obviously noting their natural ability and potential, but it in no way means I would say the kid could beat actual pros at that point in time.
Yeah... Domains showcase the level of curse energy manipulation in Sorcerers and Curses, again showing how powerful they are with said curse energy. And it is not just as a curse spirit, it as a curse spirit compared to the ones in the group, that is why Nanami brings up Jogo and not some other random curse.

Potential is only recognized by the person's current abilities meaning what Jogo saw months ago was what made him place Mahito as leader, not his future alone. Which is my point.

Yes we do, why do you think red can't be scaled lmao? You don't think we can quantify Red or Gojo's strikes, yet you literally placed Mahito > Jogo because the former tanked punches from Todo and Yuji whose moves are scalable? Your whole argument is falling apart.
Scale the red Gojo used on Jogo.

And I'm placing Mahito over Jogo through the story not solely due to Todo and Yuji, you're actually ignoring my argument if you think that's all I've been doing LOL.

This is all your head canon. Gojo being casual means jackshit because he's already touted capable of easily soloing the JjK verse in his sleep if he wanted to. It doesn't negate the fact that Jogo tanked several hits that did internal damage to him, nor does it negate the fact he survived a point blank red to the face which destroyed several hundred meters of forest.
"touted capable of easily soloing the JJK Verse in his sleep if he wanted to" yet what I said is head canon? LOL, I'm actually showing scans and explaining them, what are you even talking about bruh? And him joking around shows how much he's actually trying and how he's only using Jogo as an example for Yuji and outright calling him weak. And how can you say Jogo tank them when you then say they did internal damage? That is literally the opposite of tanking LMAO.
Oh yeah okay he destroyed hundreds of meters of forest, calc it bro? And this is not hundreds of meters of forest lmao, but go ahead grab a video from the anime to try and justify that.
0014-014.png

It isn't in hax though, where are you getting from the manga that Nanami or Jogo see Mahito as powerful due to his hax? Send that. And where is this personality point from? Get that as well.
Yes it is, Mahito would have been ******* body bagged by Nanami without his hax are you serious? Compare that to Jogo who literally walked up and blitzed 3 grade ones who couldn't even defend against him (albeit it was an ambush). Mahito has literally relied on his regen and offensive hax throughout the whole of the manga, to the point where even tournament arc Yuuji was a threat to him at points.

You still have yet to even remotely substantiate your claim that Jogo referencing Mahito's potential has to do with his current power in that moment, so go ahead and do that.
Yeah... Domains showcase the level of curse energy manipulation in Sorcerers and Curses, again showing how powerful they are with said curse energy. And it is not just as a curse spirit, it as a curse spirit compared to the ones in the group, that is why Nanami brings up Jogo and not some other random curse.
Domains are about finesse not overall power. See the difference between Hanami and Jogo. Hell, Megumi is able to muster up an incomplete domain yet is still <<< Todo in cursed energy and cursed energy manipulation, despite the latter not having a domain. So stop.

No, Nanami brings up Jogo because that's the only cursed spirit who had shown a domin to the cast at this point. He highlighted Mahito's insane rate of growth and was discussing Mahito quickly reaching that level and being a major problem if left unchecked. Which then happened when Mahito unlocked his domain vs Nanami and Yuji.

That doesn't mean Mahito > Jogo.

Here is an easy exercise to see how much you are capping.

What happens to Nanami if we replace Mahito with Jogo in their first fight?

What happens to Yuji and Nanami if they fight Jogo instead of Mahito?
Potential is only recognized by the person's current abilities meaning what Jogo saw months ago was what made him place Mahito as leader, not his future alone. Which is my point.
What are you talking about? The potential is recognized by what is shown yes, but that doesn't mean what is shown is = to the potential...Which is what you are claiming.

Once again, no, Jogo did not posit Mahito as the leader because he was stronger than everyone. He did so because Mahito has the best personality and drive to become a leader while also being strong. This isn't one piece my guy, having the qualities to be a leader doesn't mean you are the strongest. Do you think pt. 1 Shikamaru would beat Neji up?
Scale the red Gojo used on Jogo.
Ok, Gojo by portrayal is over most high tier sorcerers and was able to somewhat hurt Toji. Therefore we can scale Red to high tier offensive moves. So how easy that was?
And I'm placing Mahito over Jogo through the story not solely due to Todo and Yuji, you're actually ignoring my argument if you think that's all I've been doing LOL.
No you haven't. You made a bunch of unsubstantiated points that don't follow and ignored all the feats.
"touted capable of easily soloing the JJK Verse in his sleep if he wanted to" yet what I said is head canon? LOL,
I'm not sure what you are laughing at. Gojo has been stated several times to be capable of soloing the verse .
I'm actually showing scans and explaining them, what are you even talking about bruh?
You aren't. Posting scans =/ valid arguments. Your argument is literally "Mahito had potential that others saw and leadership qualities therefore he is the strongest!" while anyone with basic logical skills can spot the hole in that argument and anyone who has read the series knows this is stupid.
And him joking around shows how much he's actually trying and how he's only using Jogo as an example for Yuji and outright calling him weak.
No it doesn't. Gojo's attitude has no bearing on the amount of foruce he used. I can laugh all I want while squashing a spider, if the spider can sustain my weight and survive he still tanked my power.
And how can you say Jogo tank them when you then say they did internal damage? That is literally the opposite of tanking LMAO.
No it isn't. I don't think you know what you're talking about half of the time. Go read.
Oh yeah okay he destroyed hundreds of meters of forest, calc it bro? And this is not hundreds of meters of forest lmao, but go ahead grab a video from the anime to try and justify that.
0014-014.png
Why do I need to calc it so scale it? Do you think every attack has to be scaled for us to discuss where it ranks among the series?

Uhm, yes it is. I'm not sure how you would argue it was only a couple of dozen meters and I assure you, the anime will do you absolutely 0 favors in that regrd.

Back