• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Btw I was reading this, iirc in the anime Sukuna said: "he is unbelievably fast? No that's not it"

However here he says no its not just that.

Which one is correct? Cuz the first one implies that Sukuna doesn't think Gojo is fast but he understood that 1) he is the one who gets slower the more he gets closer. Or 2) Gojo was teleporting, while the manga one imply that it isn't only his speed that's unbelievable, there another thing or sth like that

Btw I was reading this, iirc in the anime Sukuna said: "he is unbelievably fast? No that's not it"

However here he says no its not just that.

Which one is correct? Cuz the first one implies that Sukuna doesn't think Gojo is fast but he understood that 1) he is the one who gets slower the more he gets closer. Or 2) Gojo was teleporting, while the manga one imply that it isn't only his speed that's unbelievable, there another thing or sth like that
its prob just blue. Jogo did same thing when he got punched.

its prob just blue. Jogo did same thing when he got punched.
Yeah I also think he used his infinite in an offensive way maybe he applied RCT to his normal infinite and used it to punch because when RCT is applied on infinite it has the power to repel.

So you think the manga translation is more accurate than what we've seen in the anime?

Yeah I also think he used his infinite in an offensive way maybe he applied RCT to his normal infinite and used it to punch because when RCT is applied on infinite it has the power to repel.

So you think the manga translation is more accurate than what we've seen in the anime?
yes.

If it's Blue it would be he's using it to attract his opponents to his fists
Of course

Can attract himself to them as well, it amps his speed
If it's Blue it would be he's using it to attract his opponents to his fists

Of course
It would be interesting to know if Gojo can use both blue and red simultaneously to amp his speed in both attack and evade/dodge in close fights, we know that he trained in the past to be able to use multiple reds and blues simultaneously so that might not be far from happening lol

Also what do you think his maximum technique would be?

It would be interesting to know if Gojo can use both blue and red simultaneously to amp his speed in both attack and evade/dodge in close fights, we know that he trained in the past to be able to use multiple reds and blues simultaneously so that might not be far from happening lol

He can max out red and blue as we see by just increasing his ce like he did vs Toji

I think they're same. Gege hasn't drawn much of a distinction from them and whenever a max Technique was used, it was just an aspect of the ct being amplified.

Not much I can think of, I did imagine once it'd be cool if it had something to do with Aleph
I think they're same. Gege hasn't drawn much of a distinction from them and whenever a max Technique was used, it was just an aspect of the ct being amplified.
They are very different, and this was pointed out in the fanbook, I read it thoroughly
Using Maximum Output is also known as a Stack Technique
While a Maximum Technique is the most Supreme art of a Cursed Technique aside from Domain Expansion

Also the Kanji are very different, and they're referred to very differently in English dunno how you missed that
And of course it's an aspect of the CT

Here's the explanation from the fanbook, it's also

"MAXIMUM (極ノ番 - goku no ban)

Sorcerers fundamentally only have one type of innate technique. However, every technique can be expanded on through creativity, giving sorcerers their own original moves. With inherited techniques, sorcerers of the past pass on the original moves they create. Within all that, barring Domain Expansion, every technique has an ultimate move called the Maximum. Additionally, moves that are not Maximum that use the maximum output of curse energy are called Stack (載 - sai)."

JJK Fanbook

Also why Gojo's Hollow Purple is merely an Extension technique and not a Maximum, 2 Images in the Fanbook confirm this

It's merely an Extension
I struggle to see how there's really anything else to be a maximum techinque for Gojo in that case. There isn't really much a route to do anything with Blue or Red or even Limitless to make Maximum techniques since while we know he's messing around with the idea of infinity there aren't really other ways to extend the techinque that aren't really left field. Hollow Purple is really the best thing to get

I struggle to see how there's really anything else to be a maximum techinque for Gojo in that case. There isn't really much a route to do anything with Blue or Red or even Limitless to make Maximum techniques since while we know he's messing around with the idea of infinity there aren't really other ways to extend the techinque that aren't really left field. Hollow Purple is really the best thing to get

Just let Gege cook

Kenjaku is gonna end the culling games and he took all megumis points to do that which is weird

I thought Sukuna will cast his domain and will destroy the barriers in sendai which will end the game

Last edited:
Lol

XPlH9Tf.jpg

Yeah Gege is just gonna continue this likely, he doesn't really have a way of killing off side characters naturally so Sukuna just gonna be that character to do it.

Haien era sorceres were going crazy about fighting Sukuna (well gege said Sukuna wasn't as feared as Gojo because sorceres were more stronger at that time), take for example Yorozu and Angel

Uro was an exception though
maybe she was just a mid-tier sorcerer at the haien period? Cuz she looked so desperate

Ryu got speed blitzed.

Kinda reminded me of Ichigo vs Ulquiorra and how Ulquiorra was speed blitzing Ichigo from right in front of him.

Ryu was looking straight at Sukuna but still couldn't dodge his attack. He was completely outmatched speed-wise.

She was the leader of an assassin group tho no? I think shes high tier but she likely got trauma from her last encounter
Yeah that might be possible
Ryu got speed blitzed.

Kinda reminded me of Ichigo vs Ulquiorra and how Ulquiorra was speed blitzing Ichigo from right in front of him.

Ryu was looking straight at Sukuna but still couldn't dodge his attack. He was completely outmatched speed-wise.
Sukuna was much more kind imo, he gave Ryu a quick death unlike Ulq was enjoying every minute humiliating Ichigo before killing him lol

When Yuta told Uro "Don't Move" her Cursed Technique became undone (her nudity became exposed) Power Null for Cursed Speech?

As someone who sought endless satisfaction through battle, I struggle to believe that Ryu would run. Most of the reincarnated sorcerer's aren't the type to flee from a fight, and Ryu is right up there with Kashimo in his enjoyment of battle. This is the same guy that looked at Rika and went "Yeah, I'll take that on". Even with Yuta satisfying him, Sukuna is a much bigger beast and holds the potential for more satisfaction.

I would say his death is quite fitting for that alone.

A fitting death? It’s a bit of a wasted potential for what he could’ve been later on. Hyped up Ce output, fighting evenly with full power Yuta, has domain, backstory not explored but dies to the strongest character. It’s kinda like the Jogo and Hanami treatment to be honest. Gege just likes to kill off characters with potential and it definitely just takes away from the hype to make Sukuna look cool for a few panels.

I don't agree with that. While Ryu was hyped up, all that hype was for his fight with Yuta. And his backstory was also very simple and doesn't need elaboration, he reigned as one of the greatest of his time and found himself unsatisfied. We were given a very sleek but full description of the guy, the idea that he had more in his past is an odd one. And while I of course think he could've totally had more to add to the story, I also think he already added plenty as is. He helped give us a good idea on the strength of one of our main players in the culling arc, Yuta, and gave us a entertaining fight out of it. To try and keep him relevant after all that isn't really needed. He's met his goal for the culling games, he's not the most dynamic character, and he's a good benchmark for the audience. Really isn't much point in keeping him on with the culling game being revealed as a farce. Mundane deaths like this is a staple of JJK, and I think reflective of its themes.

I don't agree with that. While Ryu was hyped up, all that hype was for his fight with Yuta. And his backstory was also very simple and doesn't need elaboration, he reigned as one of the greatest of his time and found himself unsatisfied. We were given a very sleek but full description of the guy, the idea that he had more in his past is an odd one. And while I of course think he could've totally had more to add to the story, I also think he already added plenty as is. He helped give us a good idea on the strength of one of our main players in the culling arc, Yuta, and gave us a entertaining fight out of it. To try and keep him relevant after all that isn't really needed. He's met his goal for the culling games, he's not the most dynamic character, and he's a good benchmark for the audience. Really isn't much point in keeping him on with the culling game being revealed as a farce. Mundane deaths like this is a staple of JJK, and I think reflective of its themes.
Can be executed better though, like most deaths in the series dont do anything. Jogo’s death by Sukuna was a waste, Hanami’s happened for no reason, Naobito and Nanami didn’t need to die, in the end Yuki’s death served no purpose. While Nanami’s death meant something for Yuji, Nobara’s death could’ve very easily fit that overall.

And ofc the mundane deaths are fine but save that for random sorcerers, not a hyped up sorcerer like Ryu.

I gotta agree with Ark (to some degree). It was meant to display just how far above Sukuna is—but we didn’t need that. We know that. We know every chapter circumstances get worse. While I wasn’t expecting Ryu to become a main-stay, I was hoping we could see his Domain. Hell, even in chapter extras, he’s drawn with a sword, depicting that he’s more than just a H2H combatant.

It definitely is in character for him to charge Sukuna, but man, I wish him actually trying to kill Ryu wasn’t an utter one-shot. At least it confirms, indisputably, Sukuna has to get serious against Sendai level opponents. Which in all honesty, puts Ryu & Yuta pretty damn high on the food chain.

Yeah I thought about how Gege has teased Hanami, Ryu and Uro’s domains, hes already gotten rid of two characters without showing domain so it just makes it come off unneeded. realistically Sukuna should be shown being powerful against powerful characters which hopefully thats what Yorozu and Kashimo will be

I don’t think people understand. Ryu is now the second person Sukuna has slashed and didn’t instantly cut through the first time he tried. You want to know the last person who survived a strike from Sukuna without being immediately cut through? Mahoraga.

Can be executed better though, like most deaths in the series dont do anything. Jogo’s death by Sukuna was a waste, Hanami’s happened for no reason, Naobito and Nanami didn’t need to die, in the end Yuki’s death served no purpose. While Nanami’s death meant something for Yuji, Nobara’s death could’ve very easily fit that overall.

And ofc the mundane deaths are fine but save that for random sorcerers, not a hyped up sorcerer like Ryu.
I think we just have two different ideas on why these characters died then. Death isn't just a tool to derive meaning off of but also a natural consequence of a character actions. Everyone you mentioned died cause of their ****-ups.

Jogo died cause he kept picking fights with everyone he shouldn't.
Hanami died cause they got overzealous.
Naobito died cause he didn't realize the extent of his injuries.
And Nanami died cause he didn't pull back in his exhaustion. (I would also say that he fits his death role a lot better than Nobara does cause he's actually confirmed dead and as a character had long such reached his peak)

When everyone is fighting to kill one another, it would weaken the story far more and even betray the themes of JJK if we didn't have prominent characters dying, cause otherwise we wouldn't care about their fates. And mundane deaths aren't meant just for the random folk but for everyone in JJk. That's what the Vs Mahito arc set up, characters will die because of their own failings and the manipulations of others.

And while I also think it annoying that we don't get the see the full extent of all these characters, I don't think the story should bend itself over backwards to show us these things. All these dead characters were badasses who got great time to shine, while also furthering the story. From a mechanical point, none of them needed more time, and from a character perspective they walked into their own fates.

I think Hanami died because Gege felt it will be better for Gojo.

I mean Gojo fought Jogo and couldn't finish his job, if he was just sealed against the curses without doing sth impressive like at least taking one of them out, it would've made him look very bad imo, especially that Gege planned that it would be Gojo's last fight and we wouldn't see him again for more than the half of the story lmao
But yeah I agree that at least he could've shown us Hanami's domain.

I was fine with Jogo's death though, I would've been interested more if he could've gotten a power up since even Sukuna literally said that Jogo had the potential to reach Gojo's level which even surpasses Mahito's potential lol.

I share the same thoughts as Arkenis though with it comes to Ryu

Back