• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Takaba vs Kenjaku.
I really don't think any other battles are complex
I would call Takaba vs Kenjaku less complex and more BAT#### INSANE
JJK could’ve been a manga where the protagonist trio searches for the Sukuna fingers while they develop their skills and their own character. Each arc being a certain quantity of fingers and the fingers evolving to become the villains of the arcs.

All of this is get thrown in the trash because Nobara died for no reason and at chapter 80 they got 15 Fingers already.

Hell Yuta could’ve been the badass old MC that travels around the world and appears sometimes to shine and to show why he’s MIA LMFAOOO
I know it's Gege's choice but you're not wrong. Sometimes, it's just trimming the fat from the story and sometimes we're watching the dinner being thrown in the oven at 800 degrees.

God and then Kenjaku, Mahito and Jogo would've been his main villain fights? Talk about missed out greatness. Like Ichigo fighting Byakuya, then fighting Grimmjow and then he finally faces Ulq? And the end is his fight with Sukuna after all his progression. SOMEONE GET ME IN TOUCH WITH GEGE
Wait no and these fights would've done so well to add onto his growth too. Mahito and Yuji being the same and coming to terms with it, Jogo trying to be the true human and Yuji fighting against that idea, Kenjaku being the one who placed Yuji in his predicament and showing Kenjaku human potential through the MC. And finally the biggest obstacle, Sukuna himself, the one causing all this suffering, the one who hates Yuji the most. I HATE GEGE

I don’t know about you guys but I’d rewrite this final arc completely.

I’d make it into 3 separated plot points:

1. Sukuna Vs Yuji, Higuruma, Kusakabe and Ino

Instead of ending the court scene in one chapter, I’d make it as a opportunity to show Sukuna’s past. As Higuruma narrate Sukuna’s crimes, we see flashbacks about his life and how Heian Era worked and how Jujutsu was back then.

2. Yuta Vs Kenjaku

Yuta and Kenjaku show off their skills as the most versatile sorcerers ever. They’d show a variety of CTs and instead of giving Yuta named CTs I’d give him a bunch of random CTs so they can have a longer show off. I’d make Yuta a barrier master, capable of matching a barriersless Domain Expansion with his own.

3. Uraume Vs Hakari and Takaba

Rather than making Takaba invincible, I’d give Uraume a DE so they can counter Takaba and make him try to find alternatives to fight her.

JJK could’ve been a manga where the protagonist trio searches for the Sukuna fingers while they develop their skills and their own character. Each arc being a certain quantity of fingers and the fingers evolving to become the villains of the arcs.

All of this is get thrown in the trash because Nobara died for no reason and at chapter 80 they got 15 Fingers already.

Hell Yuta could’ve been the badass old MC that travels around the world and appears sometimes to shine and to show why he’s MIA LMFAOOO
This would’ve been dope but it’ll remain a dream unless someone really good at writing fanfiction comes around

eh I honestly prefer how its going now rather to all the potential hypotheticals cuse I feel its more real this way, like honestly shit can hit the fan in a split second for anyone in the story and that is realistic I mean we've had wars in real world that lasted for years to decades and where resolved within a month or two based on either **** ups or strokes of luck.

I am fine with the story being as it is now

no deadass.

yuta could've been like ace from one piece, where we see him in alabasta and then he dips. maybe even get a rescue mission where they need to save him. maybe that's too similar but I think that'd be cool

no deadass.

yuta could've been like ace from one piece, where we see him in alabasta and then he dips. maybe even get a rescue mission where they need to see him. maybe that's too similar but I think that'd be cool
NO

I can barely withstand the lobotomy kaisen from the 300 chapters we'll have, if we had all THAT? 1000+ chapters of JJK

**** THAT!

Just like with Demon Slayer, JJK was sadly set up in a way where the author clearly didn't want to make a long series (which is fair, it's their choice), but if they made a few changes, they could've absolutely had a formula for a good long running series (not One Piece, but definitely Naruto or Bleach Length).
dude I am not willing to deal with another naruto fandom being active ever again, JJK is gonna be 300-350 chapters and that is perfect.

08634d37019a2c6703b81365b235ef68.jpg

Just like with Demon Slayer, JJK was sadly set up in a way where the author clearly didn't want to make a long series (which is fair, it's their choice), but if they made a few changes, they could've absolutely had a formula for a good long running series (not One Piece, but definitely Naruto or Bleach Length).
Nah, I think even KNY showed a lot with the use of flashbacks, JJK having the culling games took away from him fleshing out the story more. It's like he dropped a massive chunin exams and didn't let any development happen, just kept pushing forward after each fight, never expanding on lore or if he did it was bits.

in jjks current style/pacing, I think it's fine as is (most would argue it's overstayed its welcome at this point), but i think with other hypotheticals of what the story couldve been, it could easily reach mha - bleach amounts of chapters without it feeling super dragged out like what we have in jjk from time to time

Nah, I think even KNY showed a lot with the use of flashbacks, JJK having the culling games took away from him fleshing out the story more. It's like he dropped a massive chunin exams and didn't let any development happen, just kept pushing forward after each fight, never expanding on lore or if he did it was bits.
Gregory sadly doesn't want to spend too long on JJK sadly.

in jjks current style/pacing, I think it's fine as is (most would argue it's overstayed its welcome at this point), but i think with other hypotheticals of what the story couldve been, it could easily reach mha - bleach amounts of chapters without it feeling super dragged out like what we have in jjk from time to time
eh fair

although the levels of lobotomy would reach levels that would even impress sheogorath to be honest, although shivering isles in the real world would be an interesting time

I can see the story progressing to this point even with more chapters. At the bare minimum I wish we got more chapters

eh fair

although the levels of lobotomy would reach levels that would even impress sheogorath to be honest, although shivering isles in the real world would be an interesting time
when do you guys think lobotomy kaisen truly started?

nobara's death? gojo's sealing? gojo's death?

I can see things ending up like the current state of the series even if we had more chapters. At the bare minimum I wish we got more chapters
I mean its not like the story is bad, its still legit one of the best (if not the best) of the new shonens right now and if it makes the landing with the ending we are looking at one of the all time greats (and considering that we're here every weak for leaks we can't even read I am sure most of you would agree)

although with more chapters it could've been legit one of the top 5 of all time.

I mean its not like the story is bad, its still legit one of the best (if not the best) of the new shonens right now and if it makes the landing with the ending we are looking at one of the all time greats (and considering that we're here every weak for leaks we can't even read I am sure most of you would agree)

although with more chapters it could've been legit one of the top 5 of all time.
I didn't even say it was bad. I said it could very much do with more chapters and still progress the same way

eh fair

Honestly fair since Lobotomy Kaisen is crazy, but if the story beats were spread out more and played a bit differently, the fandom probably wouldn't be as crazy as it is now. Because of how compact the story is, there's always crazy and hype shit happening in every arc and it can be overwhelming stimulation for a reader, so whenever they keep getting stimulated like this with every arc, of course the fandom will react more violently or extreme with any in between breaks and changes. Where as with a longer and more fleshed out story, it's likely that the fandom wouldn't be as overstimulated as it is now and would (maybe) behave in a better way.

But this is just me yapping.

Honestly fair since Lobotomy Kaisen is crazy, but if the story beats were spread out more and played a bit differently, the fandom probably wouldn't be as crazy as it is now. Because of how compact the story is, there's always crazy and hype shit happening in every arc and it can be overwhelming stimulation for a reader, so whenever they keep getting stimulated like this with every arc, of course the fandom will react more violently or extreme with any in between breaks and changes. Where as with a longer and more fleshed out story, it's likely that the fandom wouldn't be as overstimulated as it is now and would (maybe) behave in a better way.

But this is just me yapping.
knowing what was going on in the naruto fandom during that whole ordeal I sincerely doubt that

I have a theory.

In the original japanese myth, Sukuna is two dudes at the same time, two brothers. One good, one evil. One used a sword, the other a bow.

Sword is Sukuna's technique, Shrine with Cleave and Dismantle.

Bow is his brother's technique, the fire arrow.

When Sukuna ate his brother, he got the flames and made it his own technique. But since a Domain is one's innate domain, I think it only uses Shrine as the sure hit.

Also, the good brother is now Itadori with the soul and Sukuna is the evil one obviously.

I have a theory.

In the original japanese myth, Sukuna is two dudes at the same time, two brothers. One good, one evil. One used a sword, the other a bow.

When Sukuna ate his brother, he got the flames and made it his own technique. But since a Domain is one's innate domain, I think it only uses Shrine as the sure hit.

Also, the good brother is now Itadori with the soul and Sukuna is the evil one obviously.
sir your order's in

2024-04-18_211252.png

I have a theory.

Gege: Nuh uh, he's dead, cope harder

Trollface_non-free.png

Back