• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

JJK won't last another five years for popularity. Something else will come, be written way better (not hard), have an author with more to offer than shock value in his head and make a manga worth the decade (Tite Kubo). Plus JJK really doesn't have much to compete with in new gen rn. Saka still doesn't have an anime, UU's anime just ended and had terrible advertisement, Kaiju 8 just now got an anime last month, Ranger Reject just released its anime, CSM anime isn't coming for another year iirc, and KNY.... is kny.
BUT FRIEREN... IS PEAK!

Even more glaze. It's Gojo who said "Domain Expansion" in this scene

18---gjoVlE2.webp

I don't think it's actually Gojo, but the people here saying Gojo coming back would "ruin" the arc are insane. Gojo's come back has had narrative build up to it, there's a reason why fans are able to point to so much foreshadowing for things like sacrificing the six eyes, Gojo going north, Gojo reviving in the same way as Buddha, etc., and Gojo being there wouldn't at all ruin Yuji's spotlight. If anything, Yuji fighting alongside Gojo next chapter would do the opposite and solidify Yuji as Gojo's true successor after Yuji's been given several chapters emphasising his awakening now. Gojo's death also wouldn't be ruined, the whole time in the airport scene Gojo was being misunderstood by those around him and talked about his regrets in life, even symbolically being seated in a way where he's facing away from everyone else and towards the north, like people are just pre-emptively looking for excuses to hate on Gege atp.
Fair assessment actually

Arkenis is the kind of guy that would complet 100% of all achievement in a game just to call it mid in twitter and when people ask him about it he will just screenshot the achievements saying "I know what I'm talking about. What about you?"

Arkenis is the kind of guy that would complet 100% of all achievement in a game just to call it mid in twitter and when people ask him about it he will just screenshot the achievements saying "I know what I'm talking about. What about you?"
I mean I must respect the dedication and all

but he has demon slayer as the best new gen (don't know if its a joke on his end but considering his tastes? I just don't) so no respect

dude I am telling you he got no taste, he likes his chiken with zero seasonings and pasta with no souce the man has the taste buds of a 70 year old american white woman.
I got no taste because I don't like Frieren?

Some of my favorite series: Bleach, Naruto, Code Geass, Fire Force, Tokyo Ghoul, Jojo's part 2-8 except 6, Undead Unluck, Dai Dark, Berserk, Claymore, Vanitas no Shuki, Hxh, Jagaaaaaan, KNY, Black Clover.

Never cared for achievements.

U didn't even read. I said to an extent 😂
Mf's nowadays tweak when people say JJK top 10. See how much copies it sold far faster than One Piss even did IN just a year. Especially in a week. Shit made 1m copies and others didn't even come close to this figure IN a week.

And then we have polls saying JJK is #1 show and all that. Celebrities and the like making references to it left and right. Minecraft even making one too. You can't deny the fact that all this popularity and appreciation of the work is a clear indicator of the quality of JJK.
It's very clear dude. If it is that popular then there's quite of a good reason for it. Let's not deny this.
And I'm not saying it's a 1:1 type of thing here (Popularity and quality). But it does spell out the quality. Anybody here saying otherwise like Arkenis is just straight up gaslighting themselves with hypnosis ASMR 24h video on how to hate JJK
"You can't deny the fact that all this popularity and appreciation of the work is a clear indicator of the quality of JJK"

I can, actually. People do so with Pokémon all the time, for instance, despite it being the multimedia juggernaut that is. Literally the highest grossing franchise in the world btw

I got no taste because I don't like Frieren?

Some of my favorite series: Bleach, Naruto, Code Geass, Fire Force, Tokyo Ghoul, Jojo's part 2-8 except 6, Undead Unluck, Dai Dark, Berserk, Claymore, Vanitas no Shuki, Hxh, Jagaaaaaan, KNY, Black Clover.
I like how you tried to beef up your taste with actual good choices and then snuck in some of the most vanilla tastless stuff ya can think of in there (Black clover is ok but KNY is utter tripe)

I like how you tried to beef up your taste with actual good choices and then snuck in some of the most vanilla tastless stuff ya can think of in there (Black clover is ok but KNY is utter tripe)
This doesn't make sense. You're focusing on one series you don't like and calling my taste bad when the rest you like? That sounds like good taste.

Also what's vanilla in there?

This doesn't make sense. You're focusing on one series you don't like and calling my taste bad when the rest you like? That sounds like good taste.
dude half your series you have a main stream and a chunk of it is just tastless like KNY that is a mixed taste at best
Also what's vanilla in there?
Oh I don't know what is vanilla about the two series that personify the power of friendship and plot convince? oh I know maybe the fact that those are literally manga shonen stereotypes that usually only serve as an entry into manga proper.

I dont get the hate for vanilla
good vanilla is literally stands there as a brick to measure good fictions

dude half your series you have a main stream and a chunk of it is just tastless like KNY that is a mixed taste at best
What is the issue with main stream? Most main stream series are good stories?? You just sound like a main stream hater lmao. What animes do you even like?

Oh I don't know what is vanilla about the two series that personify the power of friendship and plot convince? oh I know maybe the fact that those are literally manga shonen stereotypes that usually only serve as an entry into manga proper.
What??? You just sound like you hate shonen.

A fiction most important is the story instead of plot no?

I dont get the hate for vanilla
good vanilla is literally stands there as a brick to measure good fictions
true but KYN is not a good example of that its story is 60% plot convinence and 35% flashbacks thats why I said stereotype specficially it doesn't even feel like shonen 90% of the time and more like a parody of one.

Back