• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

true but KYN is not a good example of that its story is 60% plot convinence and 35% flashbacks thats why I said stereotype specficially it doesn't even feel like shonen 90% of the time and more like a parody of one.
What about 50% of anime fight and 100% of character lock tf in in battles (something certain character in jjk dont have)

true but KYN is not a good example of that its story is 60% plot convinence and 35% flashbacks thats why I said stereotype specficially it doesn't even feel like shonen 90% of the time and more like a parody of one.
The most typical critique of KNY. Sorry Gotouge knows how to expand his story and give us history for the characters. And what was a plot convenience?

The most typical critique of KNY. Sorry Gotouge knows how to expand his story and give us history for the characters.
giving a mopey backstory to every second goon you fight isn't exactly great history when world building is lacking.

what are demon slayer marks

how do different styles of breathing actually work and what creates that difference?

what is the transparent world and how do you attain it

Why and how did the spider Lilly come to be and turn people into demons?

What the **** is the whole deal with yoriichi?

how come some people have the ability to consume demon flesh and get those abilities?

No honestly instead of 10 trillion flash backs just a basic explanation on half this shit would be appreciated but no lets give hands man and mud boy a backstory cuse we really need those
And what was a plot convenience?
demon slayer marks

transparent world

the 20 or so last second hashira interference

the final villain being hit with the never before seen age super drug that will weaken him when needed

the sudden intro of selfless state

Sun breathing in general

oh and the constant new out the wazzoo abilities of breathing not established at all previously (oh you're half dead? just breath better scrub)

but again then whole critique for the most vanilla of vanilla shows is a lot larger than simply this want a more thorought look at it here it is

now for good vanilla Black clover, the world building is solid (not great but definitly not as awful as demon slayer), the abilities are well established and explained and the sudden power boosts are actually built up and make sense

Black clover = good shonen vanilla
KNY= bad shonen vanilla.

Yall have been talking about anime takes and I'm sitting here realising how few animanga I've actually watched/ read start to finish
  • Dragonball Super
  • Naruto
  • Jojo's parts 1-4
  • Assassination Classroom
  • JJK
  • Spy x Family
  • Chainsaw Man
  • Record of Ragnarok
  • Sakamoto Days
Out of these i'd say CSM part 1, Jojo's part 2, Record of Ragnarok and Assassination Classroom are my favourite

giving a mopey backstory to every second goon you fight isn't exactly great history when world building is lacking.

what are demon slayer marks

how do different styles of breathing actually work and what creates that difference?

what is the transparent world and how do you attain it

Why and how did the spider Lilly come to be and turn people into demons?

What the **** is the whole deal with yoriichi?

how come some people have the ability to consume demon flesh and get those abilities?

No honestly instead of 10 trillion flash backs just a basic explanation on half this shit would be appreciated but no lets give hands man and mud boy a backstory cuse we really need those
Some of this is literally explained. The marks are simply just demon marks that appear for slayers when their heart rate goes up to a certain and they're in a life or death situation. Sure the exact origins aren't known, but so what? Yoriichi was born with it and ended up passing it on throughout his life.

Obtaining TP is literally explained in chapter 151.

Styles are explained as well, you just have to reread if you forgot. And still this stuff doesn't have to be explained at all just like in JJK. Do we know the origins of Black Flash or how the Six Eyes came to manifest in the Gojo clan?

It deadass just seems like you didn't pay attention or forgot all the explanations in KNY for its concepts. Reread the series.

Yall have been talking about anime takes and I'm sitting here realising how few animanga I've actually watched/ read start to finish
  • Dragonball Super
  • Naruto
  • Jojo's parts 1-4
  • JJK
  • Spy x Family
  • Chainsaw Man
  • Record of Ragnarok
  • Sakamoto Days
Out of these i'd say CSM part 1, Jojo's part 2, Record of Ragnarok and Assassination Classroom
read:
Baki (weird but ******* great trust me)
Helck (suprisingly good)
Vegabond (A MUST READ)
Berserk (same as vegabond)
Fist of the northstar (grandpappy of shonen)
Kengan (think baki but less insane (still insane tho))
Dungeon meshi (recent popularity spike is there for a reason its a good show and manga)

• Dragonball Super
  • Naruto
  • Jojo's parts 1-4
  • JJK
  • Spy x Family
  • Chainsaw Man
  • Record of Ragnarok
  • Sakamoto Days
Out of these i'd say CSM part 1, Jojo's part 2, Record of Ragnarok and Assassination Classroom are my favourite
Start with Jojo and Naruto.

Some of this is literally explained.
none of it was
The marks are simply just demon marks that appear for slayers when their heart rate goes up to a certain and they're in a life or death situation.
That is not an explonation, why do they apear from that specifically, what the **** are they? why does this "innate power" come in a form of a specialized mark? what is it in the first place? any answeres for that? NO.
Sure the exact origins aren't known, but so what? Yoriichi was born with it and ended up passing it on throughout his life.
So 0 explonation got it.
Obtaining TP is literally explained in chapter 151.
its explained in an increadibly contrived way that doesn't actually explain shit, you are just able to see through people just cuse a sixth sense of sixth senses, compered to basic muscle memory and concentration that doesn't explain its effects at all.
Styles are explained as well, you just have to reread if you forgot. And still this stuff doesn't have to be explained at all just like in JJK. Do we know the origins of Black Flash or how the Six Eyes came to manifest in the Gojo clan?
they are explained in what combos or deviations of different styles, we've got some basic explonations of base styles but everything else was just "oh well its combo of X and X" or "Oh well its derived from X" there is 0 explonations on how they are achived or why they are so drastically different.
It deadass just seems like you didn't pay attention or forgot all the explanations in KNY for its concepts. Reread the series.
and I deadass think you just like the most basic drivel my good man.

I mean the only CRT that could possibly be made is speed right now since we don't have the calc for the new fire arrow.

and lets not start speed CRT's again shall we? please...
I got a calc for the new fire arrow. Results aren't anything to write home about

Plus only thing it would upgrade is giving Choso a literal death durability rating

well

just rare it seems.
sukuna-wasnt-just-looking-at-mahito-out-of-pity-v0-7tub8jeaum6c1.jpg

Back