• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Karate Kid Verse Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently I just got hooked with Cobra Kai & Karate Kid, I've been inactive on the VS Battles for a while, and I'm just getting used to this new format, so apologies if I mess anything up. But I looked up the Karate Kid pages, and I was kind of upset to see how little was put into there, I mean no offence but I feel there is much more potential that can be added, and some changes. So I'm just going to critic, review, and say what I think should change with the pages.

Summaries:

Mr. Miyagi:

While the summary is decent, I feel the summary doesn't really describe his background well enough. I think more context is needed so I made a more improved version, to better describe his background, and context.

Nariyoshi Kesuke Miyagi better known as Mr. Miyagi is the deuteragonist of the Karate Kid movies. A descendant of Shimpo Miyagi passed out and ended up on the coast of China. Shimpo returned to China with a Chinese wife and developed Miyagi Karate for his family. Born 1925 in Tomi Village, Okinawa, Japan. He became a Martial Arts master under his father. He became best friends with Sato, when the two grew apart, due to their relationship with Yukie, Sato challenged to fight him to the death, to which Miyagi denied and emigrated to the United States which later would lead up to Karate Kid 2 decades later. Later he joined the army in WW2 and earned the medal of honour. The deaths of his Wife and Son have haunted him, as they both died during a childbirth incident. Daniel would then come to him, Miyagi would train him, mentor him, and grow close to each other. This would continue into the Karate Kid series, and after his death, The Cobra Kai series.

Daniel LaRusso:

Like the last one, it misses some context though will not change the context from what it says about the Karate Kid movies.

Daniel is the main protagonist of the Karate Kid movies. He was born in New Jersey on December 18, 1966. When Daniel was 8, his father died. He seemed to enjoy life where he lived, till he moved to Reseda, California. Where the Karate Kid movies were born. His first debut was in the original film, The Karate Kid (1984). He also appeared in Part II and Part III. Although he didn't make an appearance in The Next Karate Kid (1994), he was briefly mentioned by Mr. Miyagi. Alongside Johnny Lawrence, Daniel is also one of the main protagonists of the 2018 web drama series Cobra Kai, where he has two children and owns the LaRusso Auto Group, a chain of auto-dealerships, with his wife Amanda.

John Kreese:

The context here seems fine.

Powers & Abilities:

Daniel LaRusso:

Teen:
- Accelerated Development (Trained for only months, and was capable of fighting in a tournament with Johnny and his fellow 1984 Cobra Kai students trained by John Kreese, which Johnny has trained for around 5 years. 6 months later, was capable of taking on an unbalanced Chozen, who has been training for a long time if not his lifetime as the nephew of Sato, to which Chozen is a top student of Sato. Months later, was capable of countering Mike Barnes' in a tournament when Daniel no longer feared him. Mike Barnes is implied that he was one of the best up-and-coming professional Karate fighters in the country, with a tenth-degree black belt)

- [Additional Context] Martial Arts (Daniel's style is a heavily strong defensive style. He empathizes with the opponent, to counter and goes offensive at the right moment, using standard attacks and throws to accompany them. His offence does seem to be solid, though mostly only uses it to back an opponent away, or when an opening happens. He also avoids attacks a lot and waits for openings for the right time to strike. When focused and precise, he is capable of launching a much stronger blow. He does a strong attack he does is the "Crane Kick" which is said that no Human can block it if performed correctly by Miyagi's words, which visually looks like a jump kick)

- [Will State The Upgrade Later In The Thread] Superhuman Physical Characteristics

Adult:
- Martial Arts (The same style as before, though implied to be better than his Teen counterpart. He has a much better offence and doesn't need to always wait for openings. He is an even more effective counter-attacker, using stronger and more effective moves. Shown much more efficiently smarter in fights, using his counter-attacks, and standard strikes, to incapacitate his opponents much more effectively than his younger counterpart. After learning with Chozen, he learned the Offensive way of Miyagi-Do, which is a defensive style, with strikes and moves that are meant to beat the opponent more effectively, while using the defensive style)

- [Additional Context] Weapon Mastery (Daniel is implied to be much better than Samatha, who can fight like this with a Bo Staff. Should have a good amount of experience with the weapons in his dojo. He briefly could compete with an older Chozen with a Bo Staff)

- [Additional Context] Pressure Point Attacks (Capable of hitting parts of the body, capable of rendering the part of the arm he hit temporarily immobilized, ranging from half a minute to a minute)

Johnny Lawerence:

Teen:
- [Will State The Upgrade Later In The Thread] Superhuman Physical Characteristics

- [Additional Context] Martial Arts (Johnny's style is extremely aggressive. He often strikes first, with vicious, aggressive, and complex combos to defeat his enemies. When fighting really aggressively, he uses this to strongly advance against his enemies, by charging viciously with kicks, punches, agility, and speed. He normally strikes first and will fight dirty to beat his opponents. All his standard strikes are vicious, strong, fast, and aggressive. He moves around if the opponent is a good offensive fighter, and does not hesitate to beat his opponent)

Adult:
- [Additional Context] Martial Arts (The same style as before, though implied better than his teen counterpart. Shown to be not as aggressive as his Teen counter-part, and shows to counter-attack with offence a lot in his fighter, though he is still fast, and strong while doing so. He is much smarter at calculating, by blocking, countering, and using better more efficient techniques to incapacitate his opponents. Though not as agile, he has a solid defence against opponents. His standard strikes are critical, powerful and aggressive, though doesn't try as many complex combos, they are still efficient with taking on an opponent)

Mr. Miyagi:

- [Additional Context] Martial Arts (His primary fighting style, is reading his opponent's style, waits for an opponent to attack, and avoiding attacks. Then uses their or his movement to counter theirs with a perfect position, he does this on defence and offence and most are executed with little effort. He normally takes a defensive approach. He also uses critical standard strikes to incapacitate the opponent and will use throws if necessary to take them down. Knows the offensive style of Miyagi-Do, which is a style that uses offensive more efficient strikes against opponents while defending themselves, though does not use this style due to his pacifist nature. Like Daniel, when focused and precise and he can deal a much stronger blow)

- [Additional Context] Weapon Mastery (Though not really shown. As the Master of Miyagi-Do, he should at least be superior to Daniel, Samantha, and at least comparable to Chozen, who can fight extremely well with a Bo. As well as most likely being a master of all the weapons in his dojo. As a former WW2 soldier, he should be highly skilled with Military equipment, as a Medal of Honor Recipient)

- [Additional Context] Somewhat Healing (Can make medicine that can heal injured bruises, and has a technique that can somewhat reduce the damage on Daniel's leg when it was damaged)

- [Additional Context] Pressure Point Strikes (Though he does not use the deadly aspect of Miyagi-Do, in situations he has to, he "Takes away the ability to wage war" by striking in spots that temporary immobilize the part of the body it is struck in, which can last anywhere from half a minute to a minute)

John Kreese:

- Corruption (Type 1, Capable of corrupting the minds of people he teaches. Can corrupt and change the minds of many Cobra Kai students, with his ideology)

- [Additional Context] Social Influence (An effective manipulator, capable of making Johnny who went from wanting nothing to do with him, to sympathizing with him. Capable of easily making his Cobra Kai students go under his ideology, with his teachings. An effective Karate teacher, making Johnny and his friends, strong fighters with his words. Shown to be an effective public speaker, as shown in Cobra Kai)

- [Additional Context] Martial Arts (His style consists of powerful strikes, punches, blocks and stances. He is an extremely offensive fighter, while not charging in, he slowly advances effectively, with blocks, and powerful hits, which works on defensive and offensive fighters. He also uses his size, to choke his opponents out when they are down or off-guard. In battle, he will advance till he gets a hit off on his opponent and will continue to beat them down from there. He is shown solid at counter-attacks, like occasional throws and avoiding attacks)

Possible Upgrades:

I think the Athlete Tier, at the moment, has no reason to exist. Not only does it have literally no feats to say so, but the fact it doesn't scale to Wall Level is absolutely ridiculous.

Everyone Should Scale to Wall Level:

It's too consistent for a gap that big.

- An untrained Kumiko, which Karate Kid 1 Daniel should be portrayed superior to, can strangle and briefly hold back Chozen, who is 9-B.
  • Nothing suggests Daniel got that much physically stronger. It was a 6-month time-skip and nothing was implied he got that much stronger, in that much time.
  • Modern-day Teens (Kyler's Gang) could harm, Cobra Kai Johnny. Daniel Pre-Training should at least be somewhat comparable to that.
  • Daniel's training isn't even one that gets him an enormous amount of strength, so the fact he can go 10-A to 9-B is ridiculous.
  • A Younger Johnny and Cobra Kai members could take a hit from Miyagi, with only a black eye in the aftermath.
  • In the verse. If Teens are portrayed as capable of damaging 9-B's (Kyler, Robby), in the same era, and modern era. Then a Johnny and Daniel around the same size, and are martial artists, should literally scale to that.
  • Should be noted that Daniel can block Miyagi's punches, while a block isn't exactly AP. Being an athlete and hitting a wall to the side. Does not make sense.
  • There should only be two keys. A Karate Kid & Cobra Kai, key for Johnny and Daniel. They're only around 17 in Karate Kid, and around their 50s in Cobra Kai, a physical change definitely has happened, with them having more training and a somewhat different mindset. Evident when Daniel and Johnny can both fight better and are considerably more bulk than they were.

Possible Subsonic Outright:

- Mainly Daniel. It scales from Miyagi catching an arrow. Now the possibility comes from Daniel catching a fly, but doing it through "Luck" but to be honest, that should outright be subsonic reactions, if we do accept this. Miyagi has a difficult time and has an extremely hard time catching it with chopsticks, though in the sequel does still indeed catch it. Daniel while doing it through "Beginner's Luck" still should've somewhat reacted to it, and caught it. If he had far lower reaction times, then it wouldn't make sense for him to react to the very thing, Miyagi had a hard time reacting and catching. Why would it be Subsonic outright? Well, the fact the fighters throw punches that Daniel has a hard time reacting to and the fact they can still be reacted to by other characters. Though I'm not really that bent on this upgrade, just the 9-B upgrade for now, would be fine.

I will probably think of some redesigns for the profile descriptions for the AP, Speed, etc, for some more depth.

Last edited:
Most of these abilities are such as Pressure Points are on the page already but okay.

I agree with everything tho IDK if the Subsonic speed seems legit cause people in real life can catch flys with chopsticks and we all know that humans in real life don't have any Subsonic reactions, if anything Daniel catching a fly seems it was just luck that he caught it.

Modern-day Teens (Kyler's Gang) could harm, Cobra Kai Johnny, Daniel Pre-Training should at least be somewhat comparable to that

When Robby managed to try to hurt Johnny in the Season 3 finale, Johnny felt no bruises from him and the moment he does a slight push, Robby literally got knocked out in a second and Robby has shown to scale to Miguel who can beat Kyler.

Most of these abilities are such as Pressure Points are on the page already but okay.
The ones that say [Additional Context] are already on the page, I just put more context, since it’s extremely vague on it’s explanations on how they work.
I agree with everything tho IDK if the Subsonic speed seems legit cause people in real life can catch flys with chopsticks and we all know that humans in real life don't have any Subsonic reactions, if anything Daniel catching a fly seems it was just luck that he caught it.
The catching and reacting to the fly feat, was mainly scaling from Miyagi. Miyagi could react and numerous times, couldn’t catch the fly. Miyagi himself scales from reacting and catching an arrow. Daniel himself can react to the same fly, Miyagi had a hard time catching. Again, not really bent on the speed upgrade.
When Robby managed to try to hurt Johnny in the Season 3 finale, Johnny felt no bruises from him and the moment he does a slight push, Robby literally got knocked out in a second and Robby has shown to scale to Miguel who can beat Kyler.
I mainly made the point, that a Teen can still harm an adult, to show the consistency with 9-B. Both Kyler, and Robby have harmed him regardless, of a bruise or not. Robby still staggered Johnny briefly, with Kyler making Johnny grunt when he punched him. Not saying they mainly scale to Johnny. But it’s at least shown they can stagger him.

Pretty much everything here looks fine. Except for the Healing on Myagi, that's way too much of a stretch there. And I know the verse so I know what you're talking about, but either way you should update OP with evidence for most things you propose there.

Ogbunabali makes sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

We need calcs for the Subsonic.

Catching a fly seems not a good reason
Ahh, I see the confusion. The fly was fast enough for Mr. Miyagi having a hard time catching with Chopsticks. Mr. Miyagi's reaction feat scales from this. Daniel Larusso can react to the same fly and even caught it before Miyagi from "Luck".

Though while it was Lucky, he should at least have roughly comparable reactions to Miyagi, for being able to react and reflex and catch a fly, that Miyagi had a hard time catching.

I don't think that other characters should scale to the speed and skill of Mr. Miyagi, but am open for other staff opinions.

As I said, I'm not really bent on the Speed upgrade, for the most part, the AP one. Though if the Speed upgrade is accepted. I'd say roughly scaling from Miyagi's Speed since Miyagi seems to be able to dodge strikes from a Prime Kreese & Prime Terry quite easily, though to be fair to the other characters, most of the strikes Miyagi had to avoid, were 1-2 (Most was 4 from Terry at once) standard strikes at a time.

In terms of the fly feat if say it is accepted. Miyagi could probably react to it quite fine, though had a hard time catching it. While Daniel could still somewhat react to it, but caught it when it was in the right position (Not through skill, but through luck as Miyagi said)

The summary change for Mr. Miyachi seems unnecessary. I don’t think it really adds much to have the description of the founding of Miyagi-Do on the page.

The changes to Daniel’s summary seem better. I’d phrase them as:

“Daniel is the main protagonist of the Karate Kid movies. He was born in New Jersey on December 18, 1966, where he and his mother lived until moving to Reseda, California at the beginning of the series. His first debut was in the original film, The Karate Kid (1984). He also appeared in Part II and Part III. Although he didn't make an appearance in The Next Karate Kid (1994), he was briefly mentioned by Mr. Miyagi. Alongside Johnny Lawrence, Daniel is also one of the main protagonists of the 2018 web drama series Cobra Kai, where he has two children and owns the LaRusso Auto Group, a chain of auto-dealerships, with his wife Amanda.”

I think what you put under martial arts would be better if reworded for a standard tactics section.

For 9-B, I’ll point out that Miyagi isn’t trying to seriously hurt the CK kids or Daniel in the times you mentioned, so he’d logically be holding back and Johnny’s also never visibly hurt by Robby in their fight, he’s barely even staggered by the punch to the cheek. Other than that, the points seem reasonable.

I disagree with subsonic, catching the fly through luck wouldn’t require comparable reactions to Miyagi, it’d just require the fly to fly in the wrong direction.

The summary change for Mr. Miyachi seems unnecessary. I don’t think it really adds much to have the description of the founding of Miyagi-Do on the page.

The changes to Daniel’s summary seem better. I’d phrase them as:

“Daniel is the main protagonist of the Karate Kid movies. He was born in New Jersey on December 18, 1966, where he and his mother lived until moving to Reseda, California at the beginning of the series. His first debut was in the original film, The Karate Kid (1984). He also appeared in Part II and Part III. Although he didn't make an appearance in The Next Karate Kid (1994), he was briefly mentioned by Mr. Miyagi. Alongside Johnny Lawrence, Daniel is also one of the main protagonists of the 2018 web drama series Cobra Kai, where he has two children and owns the LaRusso Auto Group, a chain of auto-dealerships, with his wife Amanda.”
That's fine.
For 9-B, I’ll point out that Miyagi isn’t trying to seriously hurt the CK kids or Daniel in the times you mentioned, so he’d logically be holding back.
Nothing really suggests he held back with his strikes. His motive was clear and simple. Incapacitate the CK Teens quickly and powerful. Though nothing suggests he held back with any of his physical strikes, as he was motivated to knock them out. Daniel, on the other hand, telling by how he lets out screams each time he had to block his blows (Which screams are normally to increase the strength of the users strikes), I'd say otherwise. Again not saying they scale on par, but just showing that they can still block strikes, and take them.
Johnny’s also never visibly hurt by Robby in their fight, he’s barely even staggered by the punch to the cheek. Other than that, the points seem reasonable.
He still grunts from the strike, and this feat isn't really that uncommon. Mike Barnes shrugged off two punches to the face from Daniel (Albeit, Daniel was Stubborn and unfocused at the time). Though, from how it's portrayed, it seems the adults can easily shrug off strikes from the teen opponents.
I disagree with subsonic, catching the fly through luck wouldn’t require comparable reactions to Miyagi, it’d just require the fly to fly in the wrong direction.
It's not really the reflexes of catching the fly, it's reacting to it. Miyagi seemed quite shocked, then said it was "Beginner's Luck" both could react to the fly, and telling by how Miyagi could react to an arrow, and reflex to catch it, meanwhile, it was difficult when doing it with a fly (Albeit, with Chopsticks). Meanwhile, with Daniel, he could react to it and still strike when in the right position. If Daniel didn't have roughly comparable reactions, he wouldn't have been able to catch it in the first place, cause he'd still need to react to where it was "Luckily" going.

Last edited:
Okay. Is somebody willing to apply the conclusions here then?

Okay. No problem.

Anyway, are you willing to apply this then?

For Miyagi, there could be a possible second key. Since Miyagi was around 59-60 in The Karate Kid trilogy and 68-69 around The Next Karate Kid. I may move the Martial Art feats to Powers & Abilities since it'd be weird seeing it in intelligence. I'll do the others later.

Mr. Miyagi:

Tier:
9-B, higher when focused and precise

Name: Mr. Miyagi, Keisuke Miyagi, Nariyoshi Miyagi, Miyagi Yakugan

Origin: The Karate Kid Film Series Gender: Male Age: Around 59-60 in the Karate Kid Flim Trilogy | Around 68-69 in The Next Karate Kid | 86 at the time of death, Pre-Cobra Kai

Classification: Human, Medal of Honor Recipient, Martial Arts Teacher, Handyman, Martial Arts Master

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Karate Master (Mr. Miyagi is considered one of the best karate masters in history. Easily much better than Daniel Larusso in Miyagi-Do. Considerably implied to be on par with Sato, who taught Chozen. Can toy with enemies like Terry Sliver, and quickly defeat Karate Champion Peaked Humans like John Kreese in his Prime. Can take on multiple martial artists trained enemies at once without much difficulty, all without getting a single hit on him and expressing little difficulty), Weapon Mastery (Though not really shown. As the Master of Miyagi-Do, he should at least be superior to Daniel, Samantha, and at least comparable to Chozen, who can fight extremely well with a Bo. As well as most likely being a master of all the weapons in his dojo. As a former WW2 soldier, he should be highly skilled with Military equipment, as a Medal of Honor Recipient), Expert at Medicine and somewhat Healing (Can make medicine that can heal injured bruises, and has a technique that can somewhat reduce the damage on Daniel's leg when it was damaged), Pressure Points (Though he does not use the deadly aspect of Miyagi-Do, in situations he has to, he "Takes away the ability to wage war" by striking in spots that temporary immobilize the part of the body it is struck in, which can last anywhere from half a minute to a minute)

Attack Potency: Wall level (Mr. Miyagi is portrayed as one of if not the strongest character in the Karate Kid series. Implied to be on par with Sato, who would later teach Chozen everything, that would allow him to easily out spar a Post-Time Skip Daniel. Quickly defeated, Prime Kreese something that took a Post-Time Skip Johnny much longer to a 72-year-old Kreese. Toyed with Terry Silver and threw him hard enough to shatter a glass panel. Easily took down Chozen, who kicked off a piece of a stone statue. Stomped Dugan. Quickly took down a 1984 Cobra Kai, including a Pre-Time Skip Johnny), far higher when focused and precise (Chopped a large wooden support beam in half. Something that Sato couldn't do to a smaller one after countless blows, though it's unknown to what extent he wanted to break it [As it was something Miyagi and Sato collected when they were younger] Should be superior to Pre-Time Skip Daniel, who can break in half 6-foot slabs with his bare hands without any pain, something that took grown men "Twice his size" to only break two, hurting their hands in the process)

Speed: Subsonic reaction speeds (Caught a flying arrow from a highly skilled archer. Can easily dodge and counter strikes from users like John Kreese, Terry Sliver, Chozen, and Pre-Time Skip Johnny. Could easily react and counter strikes from Dugan, and can easily react and counter strikes from multiple Grown men at once), Peak Human possibly Subsonic (Can land strikes and easily keep up with John Kreese, Terry Sliver, Chozen, and Pre-Time Skip Johnny, who are all comparable to Pre-Time Skip Daniel. Can easily land strikes on people like Dugan, and easily keep up with fully grown men)

Lifting Strength: Peak Human (Should be comparable to John Kreese. Superior to his Next Karate Kid self. Threw Mike Barnes up into the air, back into a dojo with no effort. Can easily direct Terry Sliver's punch and toss him into a wall. Can restrain Mike Barnes' attacks and toss him to the side with little effort. Effortlessly broke a spear in half. Effortlessly broke Dugan's grip and pushed him several meters back. Can easily restrain a fully grown man, while fighting. Can restrain Dugan's attack with little effort)

Striking Strength: Wall Class (Incapictated Prime Kreese quickly with multiple critical strikes something that took a Post-Time Skip Johnny numerous hits to a 72-Year-Old John Kreese. Can instantly knock down Chozen temporarily, with a single critical kick. Can incapacitate 1984 Cobra Kai members, including a Pre-Time Skip Johnny in only 1-3 critical strikes. Can send Dugan a fully grown trained man, knocking back meters with a back fist, and knock him down with only 2 to a few strikes, before making him unable to fight), far higher when focused and precise (Stated and implied to be capable of killing John Kreese in a single hit, albeit to the head. Implied to be capable of killing Dugan in a single hit, albeit again to the head. Should be superior to Pre-Time Skip Daniel, who is implied to be capable of doing the same feat to Chozen)

Durability: Wall level (Should be able to take his own strikes, despite his age. Stood his ground by a full-power hit directly to the back by Chozen while he was using the back of a Wooden spear)

Stamina: At least Average (Despite his old age. He can easily keep up with physically peaked humans in brief fights. Can fight for a minute, and throw punches, kicks, throws, fast and efficient moves. As well as continue to fight after getting hit, and easily restrain, and fight opponents. All this, and he hasn't shown a sign of tiring)

Range: Standard Melee Range, Standard Melee Range with Nunchuks, Extended Melee Range with Bo Staff & Spear, Hundreds of Meters with WW2 Infantry Weapons

Standard Equipment: None notable
  • Optional Equipment: Spear, Bo Staff, Nunchucks, WW2 Infantry Weapons
Intelligence: Gifted (Extremely knowledgeable in martial arts besting even Karate Champions, and National champions. A mentor who taught Daniel, who could later go on to fight strong opponents. Expert in medicine, gardening and philosophy. Was a highly exceptional soldier in the 442nd Infantry Regiment who even taught his commanding officer karate, with decades upon decades of experience under his belt. Portrayed as the wisest character in the entire series)

Standard Tactics: His primary fighting style, is reading his opponent's style, waits for an opponent to attack, and avoiding attacks. Then uses their or his movement to counter theirs with a perfect position, he does this on defence and offence and most are executed with little effort. He normally takes a defensive approach. He also uses critical standard strikes to incapacitate the opponent and will use throws if necessary to take them down. Knows the offensive style of Miyagi-Do, which is a style that uses offensive more efficient strikes against opponents while defending themselves, though does not use this style due to his pacifist nature. Like Daniel, when focused and precise and he can deal a much stronger blow

Weaknesses: Mr. Miyagi is an extremely merciful pacifist, always sparing his opponents and willing to even escape his home country to avoid conflict. Also plays around with fighters from time to time.

Feats:
Notable Attacks/Techniques:
  • Wax On, Wax Off: This technique refers to a drill Mr. Miyagi teaches Daniel in order to master blocking. This particular block (often referred to as the Chudan Uke in Karate) is performed in a circular motion, preventing oncoming attacks towards a fighter from hitting the person's face or body.
  • Paint The House: Another nickname was given to the Karate block Kakuto Uke, whereby sticking one's wrist out and striking the arms in an upward motion, they block attacks in a similar motion to stroking a paintbrush up and down.
  • Sand The Floor: A downward block that involves swinging the hands below one's waist, moving them like one would if they were sanding a floor. Unlike Wax On, Wax Off and Paint The House, which are meant to intercept punches aimed at the face and body, Sand The Floor is for blocking kicks towards the legs, groin, and body.
  • Honk: A psyche out technique Mr. Miyagi often uses after beating an opponent. He first pretends that it'll be the finishing blow that ends the opponent's life, but instead follows with a playful tap on the nose. Despite not causing any physical harm, the intimidation factor of it has caused numerous fighters to lose their will to fight and even faint.
  • Drum Technique: A form of dodging where the martial artist rotates their body from side to side, much like how a Japanese pellet drum is played.
  • Crane Kick: A variation of a jumping front kick where one stands on a single foot and raises their arms up spread outward (resembling a position a crane bird would make) The fighter then jumps off the foot they are standing on and kicks with the other. This is Mr. Miyagi's ultimate technique and is extremely difficult to dodge or block when executed correctly.
  • Miyagi-Do Pressure Point Attacks: A highly dangerous technique in which one strikes vulnerable nerves on a person's nerves, temporarily paralyzing their limbs. Being a pacifist, Miyagi doesn't use this technique during fights and refused to teach it to Daniel.
Note: Respect thread

Last edited:
Ogbunabali has a good point.

Anyway, I think that Miyagi qualifies as having Gifted intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back