• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito Suffers: The Light Novel - The Sword Art Online Discussion/Q&A Thread #3

T0234807H said:
Well, fixed a small issue regarding Star King Kirito's stats.
Dude, 4-B is a possibility, it wouldn't be the at least for Star King

You'd need a content revision thread for this anyways, don't just yeet it onto the profile just because you out of the many users who contribute to SAO on this site disagree.

Dude, him moving the stars was WHEN he was empowered by the world, long before he became the star king, during his fight with Gabriel.

That's a different key tho, and since Star King Kirito and Current Kirito are two different people I don't think the Star King should scale to War of Underworld Kirito while empowered by the world.

I mean, I agree that he shouln't lose his empowered by the world stats. He absorbed the energy. He keeps it.

Shouldn't he just straight up be High 8-C?

Or 6-C if Vecta scales to Asuna

Also my brain always registers him as Burcol, should we upgrade to 2-B for being one of the most powerful time patrollers in existence

> disgusting hax

> Every single matchup is just "freeze" or "Kirito gets yeeted"

Perfectly accurate summary of War of Underworld EP10:

Asuna tells to the girls "This motherfu*ker looks like a b*tch magnet, first one that died, then me, then a little brat with animals as friends, then one who tried to stole him from me at her first chance, a nurse also eated him like a candy, then his cousin... HIS FU*KING COUSIN, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! Ah, sure, some clans' leaders, then came along one who thinks she's a hitman, from there... another one who died, but I think she was in love with me... not wanna talk about that... then another dead one... well, a dead girl's hologram... althought the one who got the kisses was me... let's leave it at that... and now you come along?! Fuc*, now you're going to tell me he's also in a relationship with a guy?

Eugeo coming back from the dead: I didn't want to make troubles, but now that you mention it :'v

Alice: You know you called yourself a b*tch, right?

Asuna: I'm not A b*tch, I'm THE B*tch!

Female dog isn't actually banned anymore so you can say it as you please

Also reminder that star King Kirito also probably had an affair with that one redhead

So, in short, what can learn from SAO?

NTR is true love

No I really don't think magic sword powers make it okay to cheat on a woman

Side note, Bercouli buff owo

Casually stopping Asuna and Alice's fight without his sword, lol

That is a good speech, it really gets to you.

And a question, those two at the end were Eiji and Yuna? They looked pretty similar to me.

Probably. If so, we're getting into pretty anime-only territory now.

Iirc Reki wanted to add them into Alicization and it seems that they will get added in the anime. If they are really Eiji and Yuna, I don't think they are going to do much, like, fighting againts random enemies and saying some minimal lines.

Can we just talk about how in the scene where the Americans get thrown into recruited, not only is the engrish atrocious, but there's that one neck beard with way too hot of a girl behind him

Is A1 trying to throw some shade at us or am I going deeper into insanity

Lmao.

On a serious note, not a bad episode, but it's starting to diverge or at least differ from the original source. I don't recall the dude with another pixie in there, at all (probably Eiji and Yuna). I'm also not sure, but they mentioned 30000 players as opposed to 20000.

Edit: I'm also thinking of making a profile for Gabriel soon, so if anybody would like to help out (making the profile and finding feats), you're free to do so.

Okay, after plenty of thought, I think I've finally pinpointed why the Lizbeth speech didn't sit well with me. Ironically, I pinpointed the faults, just as I started to understand what they were saying and how I fit right into it. Fiction is funny like that.

Firstly, it just seems like it's really shoving the idea in your face. Like, it thinks that no one in the audience cares enough to pick up on it when it's told subtly. then again SAO has such a poor track record in construction that such a sentiment is entirely understandable

In fact, Geoff kinda touches on this in a video entirely unrelated to SAO, here in his "what makes Hero Aca so good?"

To quote;

And the point of this video is not to dive deep and fully analyze the underlying message of Hero Aca, but rather to highlight its strengths. And I think the fact that it's exploring the impact of social inequality and asking fundamental questions about the foundations of society, framed through a medium and genre that general audiences seem to like and understand, is a major point in its favor. I like it when stories ― especially cool, fun, accessible stories ― push their audiences to think about more important things. Of course, it is equally important for those stories to be cool, and fun, and not get bogged down in pontificating about those things (that's my job). A good anime gives people good reasons to get invested in its underlying ideas. And one of the best ways to do that is by getting us invested in characters who are affected by those ideas.
~ professional bag of contents I'm sure you're aware of without me saying it​
To say outright "HEY GUYS FRIENDSHIPS AND BONDS MADE ONLINE ARE REAL" and rub it in for a solid 2 minutes of speech to people to convince them they should sacrifice their accounts in ALO because Alice is (apparently) made of said bonds just feels off.

But, another thing is that it entirely praises the value of the unreality, while ignoring the points of the opposing side. You can't just live in your VR world, you need to go into the real one and work, have real people to rely on, and make an impact. Just living in another world where things are better won't really do anything, and to say it's this amazing, real place just feels... wrong.

Though, in the process of writing this, I think I like it a lot better. The guys I've met here, while my parents are unloving and either yell at me or playfully mock me thinking they're funny depending on who we're talking about, are probably the only reason I'm sane. It's always pretty tough for me to talk and interact with people, and I don't have a woman I can lean on because my words are too ingrained into my head with no way out. I don't really understand the psychology behind it, but it's easier to type then it is to speak.

I don't think the speech even needed to address the real world in the first place. You have to appeal to your audience, and the audience in this case were gamers. You aren't going to convince them to sacrifice their accounts if you say their lives on said accounts are meaningless.

"But if they have meaning, then wouldn't that be more of a reason not to sacrifice said accounts?"

Yeah, it sounds contradictory, but remember in that instance she was just proving that SAO survivors aren't just asses and murderers, and that being in SAO changed them for the better. Anyways, you could say that they were convinced because Lisbeth appealed to their knowledge that their accounts had meaning. If she didn't appeal to that fact, then it would've been harder to keep their attention.

Also uhh, the "Alice is made of our bonds in the virtual world" thing is just a metaphor. Pretty obvious one at that. And you kind of have to be blunt when giving a speech like that. Most people in the world wouldn't want to spend the time to think of the deeper meanings of what someone says, speaking not from a writing standpoint, but instead as if I was one of the people sitting in that seat and listening to that speech.

Side note, while writing this I also got another reason why they were convinced: Because Lisbeth simply got their sympathy. Emotional appeals go a long way, even if you think they don't. By telling them all of the sad stuff about SAO survivors being treated as criminals or outcasts, as well as teling them how much the virtual world means to them that it's essentially another reality for them (thus being the reason why they want to protect the Underworld so badly, cause it's essentially another reality) Lisbeth was able to convince the people there that this war is worth fighting in.

Because VR are their alternate lives, where they could become someone else. These people are all games; they all believe that. Hearing someone justify your views makes you want to ally with the person giving the speech more, even if their logic isn't sound.

Yeah, it just felt really forced. Like a video essay as opposed to someone making a speech to people.

Depressingly I don't actually know how I'd fix it so h

Side note, did someone remove the 3-B part of Kirito and Asuna's profiles?

Well if they did, good for them because 3-B is kinda wanked

So it shows that Asuna is definitely 8-C+ in durability at least, though apparently, according to a reddit post:

To be fair, there were other circumstances at play here (LN details cut from the anime).

It's mentioned a few times that one of the main features about the Super Accounts is that they have a ton of health. No matter how clean your strike is, it's impossible to kill a SA user with a single blow.

Under normal circumstances, Asuna wouldn't have suffered such a huge injury (though she'd obviously still take damage), because she'd be durable enough to withstand it.

However, in the heat of the battle Asuna didn't concentrate on that, and could only think with certainty that there was no way her arm could withstand that battle-axe. And because of that, she essentially used negative incarnation, incarnation that comes at a detriment to the user. She believed that her arm would be chopped off, and so her arm was chopped off.

I just thought she should have Type 2 Immortality too, since even if you lop off her body parts, she'll still be alive.

Oh, she should also have Healing/Regen on her profile, cause she just casually healed back her arm (via what I'm assuming to be Sacred Arts).

So this is what a Mechadragon looks like (or at least "Prototype No. 1", only about a year or two after the War of Underworld):
Jet
Yeah, it's basically just a jet powered by both Sacred Arts and Incarnation, lol.

Are you telling me the mecahdragon is neither a mech nor even resembles a dragon

That's it I'm forking done with SAO all y'all suck

Back