• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kusuo Saiki - Low Complex Multiversal Attack Potency Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benimōru

He/Him
First, I suggest you read this thread for more information on this topic.

5-D Sight Energy Argument:

“Do you know the energy called ‘sight’?”

I don’t know that word. Though I think I’ve seen “psy” used before.

I look at this world’s Saiki Kusuo, who shakes his head as well.

“You don’t know it, huh? Then allow me to explain! ‘Sight’ is an ability born out of a feeling of distress or uneasiness generated in this world’s supreme observers. In other words, it’s an energy transferred from the reader’s brain to the book the moment they get the feeling that something’s off.”

Huh. I see. I don’t understand a thing.

“It’s energy that exists in a completely different dimension from superpowers. I’m sure it must be hard to conceptualize. A full explanation of ‘sight’ energy would be too complicated, so for now, allow me to answer why I’m here in the first place. As the novelization progressed, this world has been shifting off-axis little by little. I used this ‘sight’ energy to infiltrate this novel and come to this world. Though I was caught and questioned by the police at first. Then I let one year go by, and that’s how we got here.”

This newly-serialized story’s protagonist just admitted that he’s been arrested by the police. Is everyone alright with that?

“That’s right, didn’t you notice several of Asou’s characters sprinkled throughout this world? They were part of a ritual of sorts. I used the ‘sight’ energy to make the boundaries between universes hazy. And then put all of those worlds together once I had gathered enough energy. There might be characters from all sorts of universes hiding in plain sight everywhere!” he says and then laughs maniacally.

“So that’s ‘sight’ energy!”

The problem is that none of these statements prove 5-D/Qualitative Superiority by today's standards.

1. Calling the sources/users of this power supreme observers and referring to them as "readers" is a metaphor. Why? Because it's just a simple sentence to describe how that energy works. Even in the rest of the text there is no mention of them as readers, or that they see the lower realms as fiction, etc. In short, it is a simple metaphor to describe how this guys are watching others from their realm.

2. Even if we're count it as a "factual" statement, what we call Reality > Fiction by itself is not implies a higher dimensional existence. So the "readers" who own this power cannot be 5-D just because they are called "reader".

DT's comments on this kind of situation:

So, this refutes the main logic of the 5-D Sight Energy, which is that "the Supreme Observers view others as fiction and this power comes from them, so it must be 5-D".

Also;

3. The fact that this power comes from a "different dimension" does not lend any support to this issue. This again could be a realm that has the same dimensionality/same number of dimensional axes but is superior to the realms that are below them. As DontTalk and the HDE page explains, this kind of stuffs are just "more real". And even if such statements are combined with the above narrative, it does not mean an extra dimensional axis.

Conclusion;

Saiki's L1-C AP should be removed from the page.

Votes;

Agree: @Georredannea15, @Fixxed, @Mizuki67, @DontTalkDT, @Reiner, @PrinceofPein, @Aseka, @Planck69, @DarkDragonMedeus, @Cropfist

Disagree:
@KingNanaya

Neutral:

Last edited:
The second point only applies to Higher-Dimensional Existence as an ability, not to Low 1-C AP iirc. R>F transcendence does qualify you for Low 1-C AP, just not for the HDE ability

Not sure about the rest though

First of all, let me say this. Even if an R>F doesn't give you dimensional superiority, QS does, if R>F were there it would still be 5-D AP.

But the statements don't seem to be enough for R>F, especially saying that this power is different and that things happening in the "reader's" brain are in a different dimension, which is not strictly R>F. In short, what is being said to readers does not sound like R>F. Especially because of the "different dimension" nonsense.
(And I mentioned these in the upgrade thread yeah, my stance still remains the same)

Instead of seeing this universe or multiverse as a fiction or a 2D plane, it just implies changing the story of this universe by seeing it like a book and it's just plot, not R>F. The simplest example of this is Arale from DB, she can control the entire cosmology like she can control the pages of a book, but this is just plot manip, not R>F.

Didn't really feel like getting involved for a while, but if someone else is already doing it I guess I might as well...
So, eh, can someone summarize me what the plot of the novel is? I wanna know what this is about in context.
And why is the novel canon, if in the main canon it is said to exist as fictional work IIRC?

As it stands, I do think the OP might have a point.

Didn't really feel like getting involved for a while, but if someone else is already doing it I guess I might as well...
So, eh, can someone summarize me what the plot of the novel is? I wanna know what this is about in context.
And why is the novel canon, if in the main canon it is said to exist as fictional work IIRC?

I have no idea why it's Canon, but I'd say the 5-D/Low 1-C AP here basically comes from the phrase "readers in different dimension"(Something like that.) It was called R>F... This was the 5-D argument in the previous thread

These are the pages in which the LNs were mentioned in canon btw.
XAPZ9CS.jpeg
Pretty clearly mentions it like a novel.
GO5iqzd.png
Explicitly shows it as a literal book.

If the canon Saiki in any way interacts with the novel, then it wouldn't be R>F transcendence, but Immersion or something, as he interacts with a world that is fiction from his universe's main world of regular humans (See Reality Equalization).

XAPZ9CS.jpeg
GO5iqzd.png

If the canon Saiki in any way interacts with the novel, then it wouldn't be R>F transcendence, but Immersion or something, as he interacts with a world that is fiction from his universe's main world of regular humans (See Reality Equalization).
Thanks for your comment DT, could you please tag a few more staff?

XAPZ9CS.jpeg
GO5iqzd.png

he refrences the ln as being a reason he can use an ability in the first scan.

he refrences the ln as being a reason he can use an ability in the first scan.
No, not as the reason. The reason he can teleport without delay (i.e. intervals) is that he took off his limiter, as he says in the scan. The fact that taking off the limiter allows him to teleport without delay is an information mentioned in the LN. That's what the scan explains.
So, no, the LN has nothing to do with that ability, it just happens to record that he has it.

Alternate Evil Saiki vs Our Saili
Thats 4th wall breaking done by Saiki but it proved Novel is canon. Unless you want to argue he is 5 dimensional because he sees it as fiction lol.
How is having 5D energy not Low 1-C?

The point that the OP and DT are making is that this is inadequate and vague for an R>F.

If this flies, yeah they both get nuked

The point that the OP and DT are making is that this is inadequate and vague for an R>F.
Vague?? How the hell is "reader" vague. We literally have an example that fits this in R>f page. Alt Saiki even says they are beyond superpowers of the world, read it as a book

This CRT is literally breaking the R>f rules...

"Potential mediums for viewing a cosmology as fiction include: written media (Books or stories)"

Vague?? How the hell is "reader" vague. We literally have an example that fits this in R>f page. Alt Saiki even says they are beyond superpowers of the world, read it as a book

This CRT is literally breaking the R>f rules...

"Potential mediums for viewing a cosmology as fiction include: written media (Books or stories)"
lol no.

These are very vague things, yes, the best example is Arale. Rather than this being a reader, you have to see it like a 2 dimensional plane or look at the whole cosmology from a higher perspective as if you were looking at a flat plane (Or some nonsense like that)

Yes, the term "reader" is very vague at first.

No, not as the reason. The reason he can teleport without delay (i.e. intervals) is that he took off his limiter, as he says in the scan. The fact that taking off the limiter allows him to teleport without delay is an information mentioned in the LN. That's what the scan explains.
So, no, the LN has nothing to do with that ability, it just happens to record that he has it.
This implies the ln is canon though, as saiki doesnt even remember this information himself. Also, the ln appearing as a work of fiction doesnt really debunk anything, Saiki does a LOT of 4th wall breaking for its gags

These are very vague things, yes, the best example is Arale. Rather than this being a reader, you have to see it like a 2 dimensional plane or look at the whole cosmology from a higher perspective as if you were looking at a flat plane (Or some nonsense like that)
Whataboutism since Dragon ball has the writers EXIST INSIDE the universe.

Reading the entire world as a book, a manga is a direct way to get R>f. Its on the rules. You cannot just..break them.

The OP is arguing that these guys dont have HDE which they dont but it is still a 5D feat with R>f.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back