• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyogre's Roar downgrade

As quoted in a versus thread, it is that Kyogre's calc needs to be re-calculated because it needs to use C.A.P.E, which is likely to be a severe downgrade.

The Pokémon that will be affected by this downgrade will be: Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Base Rayquaza, Mega Latios and Mega Latias

General thoughts on this?

Well lovely. Was anything updated in the methodology? It has been a while since I've done a CAPE calc.

@Assalt

Replace all the instances of 13km with 8km, multiply the result in kilograms by ~5500-6000j/kg due to it being a really violent storm and that's about it.

If that's the case the StarCraft verse will also take a hit. I wonder what tier Amon will fall into as a result.

Unfortunately it isn't. I'm the one who initially requested it and it is anstorm creation that isn't visually shown. It would probably need to be redone.

If I've got this right:

Radius for the storm's spherical surface area = 6371km + 12km = 6383km

Surface area = 5.12x10^8 km^2

Radius of a circle using previous surface area = 12766.15km

Height of new cylinder = 8km

Area of storm cylinder = 4.1x10^9 km^3 or 4.1x10^18 m^3

4.1 x 10^18 * 1.003 = 4.112 x 10^18 kg

If we use Kep's first suggestion of 5500kg, we get 2.2616 x 10^22 J

If we use 6000kg, we get 2.4672 x 10^22 J

Both of them are Small Country level+

Is there no other notable feat of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre to calculate? As for example, Primal Groudon would vaporize the oceans of the planet if the protagonist had not stopped it?

Kepekley23 said:
Hey, look at the bright side. Mega Rayquaza will still be 5-B.

; )
The Trio Wheater is my second favorite trio in Pokémon franchise, so I'm trying to find a notable feat of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre to calculate

Unfortunately vaporizing the oceans isn't even a usable feat for Groudon. We have no idea how long it would take but it certainly isn't in 1 attack/1 second.

So: Primals Groudo, Kyogre and base Rayquaza all get 'At least High 6-A, likely higher' for being immensely above their base forms (Groudon and Kyogre)/superior to both Primal Groudon + Primal Kyogre (Rayquaza). They get the 'likely higher' because Primal Groudon staggered Mega Rayquaza with an attack.

Megas Latios and Latias get either 'High 6-A' or the same rating as the primals, pretty much scaling for the same reason as before.

Mega Rayquaza remains 5-B for his two 5-B feats.

They'd be scaled far above base Groudon, who 'raised the continents'.

They also scale (Base Groudon + Kyogre) above Regice, Registeel and Regirock, who scale to Regigigas, who could tow continents which I believe was calced at High 6-A.

For what it's worth, Groudon's and Kyogre's smash trophies say that they created the continents/oceans respectively.

Groudon raised the continents, yes, but he did that over an unknown period of time with an unknown methodology. Same with Kyogre.

They now lack feats above Country level.

GyroNutz said:
They get the 'likely higher' because Primal Groudon staggered Mega Rayquaza with an attack.
Because of that special Pokémon XY Act III? Probably both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre should have a "likely far higher" or "possibly 5-B" rather than "likely higher" since Mega Rayquaza is a 5-B and Primal Groudon staggered MR in the special

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't think raising the continents is applicable since it was done over time correct?

What of the regigigas moving them?
The calc for them used force, which isn't a 1 to 1 for energy. We also have no idea how fast Regigigas pulled them or how large of a continent was pulled. So many variables that basically end with it being unquantifiable.

Another thing: Kyogre in Mystery Dungeon blue rescue team, iirc, states that it created the oceans. Still unquantifiable though, ig

About the storm feat, wouldn't in-game Groudon scale to dispersing it nigh instantly passively?

Back