• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Largest power creep in fiction

Let us discuss the largest power creep of a verse in fiction here. No fanfic/parody/unlicensed work please. Please mention verses that have legal distribution

The manga Magi was city level just two months ago. Now the god tiers are at the very least High 2-A with potentially being even 1-B. This puts other verses like Toriko and Dragon Ball to shame. Can anybody make their top 5 or top 10 list of power creep?

Masadaverse should be up there, they are mostly around like city to mountain level with some guys at country, continent and i think small star level? Either way they go from that to 1-A.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Masadaverse should be up there, they are mostly around like city to mountain level with some guys at country, continent and i think small star level? Either way they go from that to 1-A.
Cool. Anymore verses like that? I am still trying to grasp how big the creep is, Magi used to rival Fairy Tail, One Piece and Seven Deadly Sins just a few weeks ago.

Madoka Magica went from Street level (Noob Homura) to Multiverse level+ with Nigh Omnipresence in only 12 episodes.

The Earthbound Zero cast is only Building level...and that's actually a pretty generous rating since their best real feats are destroying 18-Wheeler trucks and what not. Giegue is Planet level though.

XROS Wars comes to mind. The series starts off with Town-ish characters and as soon as they get an upgrade, they get bumped straight up to Universe level, and then to Multiverse level+. That's not even the series God Tiers really, that's the main cast. Not as bad as Masadaverse but still pretty weird.

This comic I started reading called W.I.T.C.H. seems like the power creep will get pretty bad, but I'm not to far in to tell. First issue and the main cast seem around Building level (with a possible FTL feat), but they've shown characters with infinite speed and seems to be building up a High 3-A villain.

Kirby goes from Wall level human speed in the first game to planet and FTL in the second to MSS and MFTL+ later.

Amorphous Green Glooples are 10-C with Sub-Human speed. The instant two of them fuse, the resulting fusion becomes City level and Relativistic+ with absorption hax. Another Green Gloople fuses with that, and it gains metal manipulation. Fuses one more time, it jumps to FTL with durability ignoring black hole hax that can kil even the final boss.

Masadaverse has a BIG power creep and idk that Hajun was only 10-C if so then wow he went to High 1-A until he was downgraded but still...

Fabtastic Glasses said:
Digimon ? I remember them being tier 6 or maybe 5 then Cyber Sleuth come in then boom tier 2
Digimon has had Tier 2 characters since Adventure, with Zeed being said to be able to destroy "all eras and all worlds", Moon splitting a timeline in two, ENIAC being "The root of all digital worlds" and Apocalymon passively mucking with the Timeline of the DW. Cyber Sleuth confirmed an infinite Multiverse (before that, God, ENIAC and Zeed capped at 2-B). The funny -- and eventually horribly annoying thing is that the way Cyber Sleuth was structured, the 2-A feats scale to well over 40 characters...

@Matt. Are you referring to Digimon or another series? Because I can only really justify Low 1-C for the God Tiers with the current feats, maybe 1-B since Suedo mentioned Hyperdimensional space.

In terms of individual characters, Bill Cipher and Randolph Carter take the cake, Randolph went one tier extra and is overall way stronger, but I still find Bill more amazing because he was a tier 11, he went from a lower-dimensional to a higher-dimensional, GG.

My Little Pony makes a pretty big jump if you take into account their non-destructive feats. They go from Tier 9 and Tier 8 on average to high-end Tier 4.

StarCraft has a pretty big jump. Most units in the game span from Wall to Large Building level, with SC2:HotS introducing a High 7-A Sarah Kerriga. SC2:LotV is the breaking point, however, not only scaling many characters to Kerrigan, but giving us two 3-A characters in the form of Amon (StarCraft) and Xel'Naga Kerrigan. Tier 9 for most of the game's life with two 3-As in the latest expansion. Pretty big jump.

Back