• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leon Belmont vs Yhwach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 559 of bleach,
I literally stated a multiple-times to multiple different people that this is only an aspect of the ability.
In chapter 559, Jugram attacks Cang du, who can harden his body up to the point where jugram can't even scratch him.
Jugram says that him not being cut but jugram is considered as good luck > the balance negates that > the attack cuts through him
I was about to mention that.

Tell me, did Jugram instantly use his Balance? No. He attacked, the attack did nothing. And that means a fortune for Cang du.

Then Jugram said "Your second good fortune", and then the skill activated and cut the Cang du.

The opotent must have a fortune for the ability to work. You're saying that Yhwach will immediately use the ability to kill Leon, but for that part of the ability to work, Leon needs to have a good fortune.

Because this is how the Balance is described to work.

Probability Manipulation, Damage Transferal, Limited Causality Manipulation and Durability Negation with The Balance (The Balance is Haschwalth's Schrift that allows him to manipulate the fortune and misfortune that occurs within his sphere of influence, all good fortune experienced by the opponent in causing injury to him will be directed back to them as misfortune of the same magnitude. Jugram can additionally absorb misfortune into his Freund Schild to amplify the misfortune he controls and amplifies it when redirecting it to his opponent[3]. This ability can be used to kill people the user could not even harm before[4])

Look at the part that says: "all good fortune experienced by the opponent in causing injury to him will be directed back to them as misfortune of the same magnitude"

Also, in the linked scans, it's showing Jugram only using his Balance when he's injured. You didn't present how Yhwach used this Probability Manipulation to attack Leon, without having to be injured first. So people keep asking.
Are you trying to say the balance only work if you’re injured? If so that’s not true look at the case when jugram used it against, cang du.

I was about to mention that.

Tell me, did Jugram instantly use his Balance? No. He attacked, the attack did nothing. And that means a fortune for Cang du.

Then Jugram said "Your second good fortune", and then the skill activated and cut the Cang du.

The opotent must have a fortune for the ability to work. You're saying that Yhwach will immediately use the ability to kill Leon, but for that part of the ability to work, Leon needs to have a good fortune.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The good fortune is the attack not working??
Hello?
You literally said it yourself?

Dude i can't believe my own eyes

I LITERALLY JUST EXPLAINED HOW IT WORKS
Question
Does the opponent need to experience something that can be considered “Good Luck” before Balance can become effective? Yes or No?

If the answer is no
Then at what point did Jugram use the Balance to inflict misfortune without the need of his opponents experiencing any good fortune?

and if the answer is yes
Then balance sucks because any good fortune that Leon experiences will be a first turn kill considering most of his options are an insta-win if they connect and given the 2-C range of his magical options they will

@Hellscream So he’d need to attack first and then use it? That still doesn’t convince me that he’d survive anything Leon throws at him, let alone prove he uses the ability in character.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The good fortune is the attack not working??
Hello?
You literally said it yourself?
Yes? Lucky went from Cang du.

Literally Jugram says this.

When the attack did nothing in Cang du, Jugram says that this was his second good fortune.

And then he says "The scale is tipping", and then cuts Cang du.

Are you trying to say the balance only work if you’re injured? If so that’s not true look at the case when jugram used it against, cang du.
I commented on it.

Jugram initially did not harm Cang du, and that was a good fortune for Cang du.

Jugram comments "Your second good fortune"

Jugram says this: "the scale is tipping"

For me it is clear that the opponent needs to have the good fortune necessary for the scales to tip and then this skill will work.

That would require Fate Haxing Leon’s attack to NOT WORK on him which he can’t do because Leon resists Fate Hax
Yhwachs fate Hax can’t influence anything Leon does

And Fate Haxing himself to not got hit by unknown means is in fact Fate Hax influencing Leon and his abilities
With this fight and the Metal Sonic one…

There really should be a thread on what exactly the limits of this fate manipulation are. As far as people resisting it.

Can Yhwach even resurrect himself from an attack of someone who resists fate hax? It’s really up to interpretation.

I commented on it.

For me it is clear that the opponent needs to have the good fortune necessary for the scales to tip and then this skill will work.
Agreed

I commented on it.

No they don't, How is being able to block an attack with pure stat check good fortune?
It literally has nothing to do with fortune.
It's literally jugram altering probability, which is what it's stated to do.

With this fight and the Metal Sonic one.

There really should be a thread on what exactly the limits of this fate manipulation are. As far as people resisting it.

Can Yhwach even resurrect himself from an attack of someone who resists fate hax? It’s really up to interpretation.
i don’t see why he couldn’t resurrect himself just because his opponent resist fate manipulation, yhwach is using fate manipulating on himself instead of the opponent in that instance.

i don’t see why he couldn’t resurrect himself just because his opponent resist fate manipulation, yhwach is using fate manipulating on himself instead of the opponent in that instance.
His res is via changing the future so that the attack never killed him, so technically it would involve not just himself but the power of the opponent he’s fighting.

With this fight and the Metal Sonic one…

There is not a single argument about resurrection

No they don't, How is being able to block an attack with pure stat check good fortune?
This is obvious? Jugram attacked Cang Du and caused no injuries. Not taking injuries from the attack is good luck for Cang Du.

It literally has nothing to do with fortune.
Cang Du not being hurt by the attack is good fortune, Jugram .literally says so.

"Your second good fortune"

It's literally jugram altering probability, which is what it's stated to do.
He is, but for him to do that, the scales need to tip, which happened when Cang Du received a second good fortune.

I remember that while it can’t be dodged you can still aim dodge
I don't remember anyone AIM dodging X axis can you show me a character doing that. Also here speed is equal.
His res is via changing the future so that the attack never killed him, so technically it would involve not just himself but the power of the opponent he’s fighting.
Infinite possibilities* it's not just normal futures.
  • X axis is not just spatial manipulation. Concepts of dodging itself doesn't matter it ignores durability+Manipulates to hit the target
  • With Almighty yhwach can manipulate infinite possibilities of future on his opponent and himself.
  • Also almighty has Passive Powernull for everything in Bleach.

Anyway I am still neutral.

This is obvious? Jugram attacked Cang Du and caused no injuries. Not taking injuries from the attack is good luck for Cang Du.

Cang Du not being hurt by the attack is good fortune, Jugram .literally says so.

"Your second good fortune"

He is, but for him to do that, the scales need to tip, which happened when Cang Du received a second good fortune.
No mate, that's not luck based at all.

Tanking an attack and being completely unharmed due to pure stat check has nothing to do with luck at all.

I'm not sure Yhwach can do anything. I don't want to repeat the same arguments for Yhwach. I won't be voting for now.

Tanking an attack and being completely unharmed has nothing to do with luck at all.
Yes it is, Jugram literally says it.

Cang Du receives the blow --> Jugram says "your second good fortune" --> Right after that Jugram says again "The scale is tipping" --> And then Cang Du is cut.

It is clear that to use this specific skill, the scales need to tip, and for that the opponent needs to have enough good fortune.

Yes it is, Jugram literally says it.

Cang Du receives the blow --> Jugram says "your second good fortune" --> Right after that Jugram says again "The scale is tipping" --> And then Cang Du is cut.

It is clear that to use this specific skill, the scales need to tip, and for that the opponent needs to have enough good fortune.
You can consider anything as good fortune in that way, bemont being stronger is good fortune, him having a big left toe is good fortune, him not having a receding hairline is good fortune etc etc
His left ******** hanging a little more compared to the right is good fortune as well.

You can consider anything as good fortune in that way, bemont being stronger is good fortune, him having a big left toe is good fortune, him not having a receding hairline is good fortune etc etc
His left ******** hanging a little more compared to the right is good fortune as well.
That would be headcanon. Jugram knows about his own abilities. He knows what is considered good fortune for the enemy or not. And for Balance, not being hurt by a blow is a good fortune.

In this context jugram is literally deciding what's considered as good fortune and what isn't.
Again, he is the user of the Balance. He knows what the Balance considers good fortune for the opponent.

And of these things, we have the information that not being injured by a Jugram attack is good fortune.

What is and what is not good fortune for the opponent outside of what is shown in the manga, is just assumptions.

Being unharmed by an attack that can't even scratch you in the first place due to the difference in durability is not good fortune
it literally has nothing to do with it

Jugram simply determined and said it was good fortune.
0 headcanon.

Being unharmed by an attack that can't even scratch you in the first place due to the difference in durability is not good fortune
Yes it is, literally Jugram spoke.

And I'm sure he knows more of his own abilities than you do.

Jugram simply determined and said it was good fortune.
0 headcanon.
He determined this, because the Balance considers it a good fortune.

He literally speaks after "The scale is tipping"

giggles-big-bad-wolf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back