• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limited power nullification for dbz/dbs

At this point, we all know the "if my number is bigger than yours, your hax cant affect me lol" rule from Dbz/Dbs

I'm pretty sure that this is treated as power null or at least limited power null in this wiki

The best example that I can think rn this sexy man.

According to his profile, the fact that he can nullify the abilities of weaker beings with his Reiatsu grants him power null.

So dragon ball probably should get the same treatment unless I'm missing something

No, because it was never stated for DB unlike it being directly stated for Aizen, not to mention that in DB there are dozens of examples of hax working on stronger opponents.

Also, your example with Aizen is pretty weak since you're trying to apply the same logic of one character to an entire verse, which will backfire on the verse greatly due to verse equalization, if this goes through, prepare for DB characters to auto-lose to virtually anyone with slightly higher AP.

If this were the case Guldo's time stop would have never worked on anyone and Ginyu's body change wouldn't have worked on Goku.

At best this is inconsistent, at worst it's essentially wank.

At this point, we all know the "if my number is bigger than yours, your hax cant affect me lol" rule from Dbz/Dbs

I'm pretty sure that this is treated as power null or at least limited power null in this wiki

The best example that I can think rn this sexy man.

According to his profile, the fact that he can nullify the abilities of weaker beings with his Reiatsu grants him power null.

So dragon ball probably should get the same treatment unless I'm missing something
This need to be a case by case basis, not something in general.

For example, General Blue's paralysis inducment failed to work on Tao Pai Pai simply because Tao was that much stronger than Blue

God Bind's paralysis works the same way, with Broly eventually managing to resist the effects because he became stronger than SSG Goku due to his adaption

Dabura's Stone Spit doesn't seem to rely on strength at all.

Buu's candy beam and absorption works on stronger beings such as Vegito (though he resisted the knockout from the transmuation as he could still fight)

However, Hakai and Hit's Temporal abilities seems to purely rely on the user's strength compared to the opponent, as they have no effect on stronger foes than themselves

No, because it was never stated for DB unlike it being directly stated for Aizen, not to mention that in DB there are dozens of examples of hax working on stronger opponents.

Also, your example with Aizen is pretty weak since you're trying to apply the same logic of one character to an entire verse, which will backfire on the verse greatly due to verse equalization, if this goes through, prepare for DB characters to auto-lose to virtually anyone with slightly higher AP.
Oh ok
Just a question tho
What about glad hyper-star examples?

"This need to be a case by case basis, not something in general.

For example, General Blue's paralysis iinducementfailed to work on Tao Pai Pai simply because Tao was that much stronger than Blue

God Bind's paralysis works the same way, with Broly eventually managing to resist the effects because he became stronger than SSG Goku due to his adaption"

Wouldn't these "feats" qualify for limited power null?

Oh ok
Just a question tho
What about glad hyper-star examples?

"This need to be a case by case basis, not something in general.

For example, General Blue's paralysis iinducementfailed to work on Tao Pai Pai simply because Tao was that much stronger than Blue

God Bind's paralysis works the same way, with Broly eventually managing to resist the effects because he became stronger than SSG Goku due to his adaption"

Wouldn't these "feats" qualify for limited power null?
When a character resists something with sheer power it's generally considered a weakness of the ability here

While DB characters did show that certain techniques/abilities can be counter by sheer power, that doesn't mean it should be apply to all DB techniques/abilities, only to the ones who had been show to work in that way.

A good example would be Guldo's Time Stop or Telekinesis which seen to work with stronger characters (or at least a few times stronger than him, unsure if the same could be apply to Base Frieza), which isn't the same as Hit's Time Skip or Hakai which have been show that characters can resist to their effects if they are powerful enough.

And this would not even count as Limited Power Nullification but just as Resistance, its not like the characters can nullify the techniques themselves, but rather simply resist (or be immune to) their effects.

When a character resists something with sheer power it's generally considered a weakness of the ability here
To be honest i never agree with that mindset, it seen like a cheap way to deny legitimate resistance feats even if they have been done via raw strength.

Rather than an actual weakness, it should be consider as a limitation, since the No Limits Fallacy its applied to hax as well, not just stats.

Last edited:
Back