• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Little superman addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman's shout could affect supergirl's hearing making her Unable to hear or listen for just a little moment. (limited sense manipulation).

Not sure, it seems that it was just because he shout, which can happen with our ear IRL, if a really strong sound affect our ears, it happens, but Idk
His shouting was potent enough to affect supergirl's hearing not anyone can literally do this.
What bern said. I mean, sound manip already covers it.

Also what issue?
During the arc of our worlds at war.

His shouting was potent enough to affect supergirl's hearing not anyone can literally do this.
Because they have super hearing...

That's like saying, if I flash extremely bright light in your eyes, and it causes you some minor temporary vision problems, I have sense manipulation?

And I said no normal character can perform such except superman or kryptonians nature that everything about them is more potent.

Because they have super hearing...

That's like saying, if I flash extremely bright light in your eyes, and it causes you some minor temporary vision problems, I have sense manipulation?
Can a human being scream affect supergirl's hearing?

And I said no normal character can perform such except superman or kryptonians nature that everything about them is more potent.
Yeah I mean, it fits under Sound Manipulation and it also should be noted that it can affect characters that have super hearing in others franchises as well, but it is different from a direct sense manipulation

Actually yes, in some of her first issues in post flashpoint iirc, she had a lot of these problems due natural sounds of the nature and people, so yeah, but she was new in these things, however, the point is the samme

I said limited sense manipulation in OP as no normal character have enough potency to render supergirl's hearing null.

It's that simple.

....Because Superman has sound manipulation...? And can super shout lol.

Actually yes, in some of her first issues in post flashpoint iirc, she had a lot of these problems due natural sounds of the nature and people, so yeah, but she was new in these things, however, the point is the samme
I think that's a different Supergirl? But yeah, same premise.

I said limited sense manipulation in OP as no normal character have enough potency to render supergirl's hearing null.

It's that simple.
Another instance where he nulifies someone's senses?

Aside from a krytonian or another op characters whose senses are enhanced to an extreme degree.

Can I see scans and this is post crisis supergirl's an alternate version from the one in earth 0

Because Superman has sound manipulation...? And can super shout lol.
Ok let's say he has sound manipulation will you now tell me him making her hearing null = nothing?
Another instance where he nulifies someone's senses?

Aside from a krytonian or another op characters whose senses are enhanced to an extreme degree.
It's clear showed he did it out of rage/sorrow when he saw his birth town on earth got destroyed lmao.

Can I see scans and this is post crisis supergirl's an alternate version from the one in earth 0
Supergirl_2011_-_Supergirl_2011__TPB_1_-_20.jpg

Supergirl (2011) TPB 1, despite being other supergirl, the premise is still the same

The ability to control the senses of one's self, or of others. While most often used to simply strip away select senses, if not all of them, there are those who could use this ability to grant and otherwise alter senses, perhaps heightening them to make them more powerful. Most forms of illusion control the senses.

This is basically what happened to that version of supergirl.

Supergirl_2011_-_Supergirl_2011__TPB_1_-_20.jpg

Supergirl (2011) TPB 1, despite being other supergirl, the premise is still the same
This is another version and this is new 52. And she later adapted in new 52 especially in her battle against cyborg superman. This one already knows how to use her hearing on earth.

Limited sense manipulation as it affected her sense of hearing😐
it would apply to everything in IRL, like shouting in someone ear and try to apply sense manip, killing someone with a gun and try to apply death hax, using a flashlight in someone eyes and try to apply sense manip due ''turning people blind'', thats just a super shout, which is Sound Manip

You can't compare early new 52 to post crisis ending's😐
I said that the premise is the same, sound stuff can affect kryptonians as well, despite ending of post crisis being able to know how to control her hearing senses, superman is a kryptonian that has a super shout

it would apply to everything in IRL, like shouting in someone ear and try to apply sense manip, killing someone with a gun and try to apply death hax, using a flashlight in someone eyes and try to apply sense manip due ''turning people blind'', thats just a super shout, which is Sound Manip
What's IRL? He didn't shout directly at her hear and should couldn't hear anything for few seconds lowball (10)
It's super shout which affected someone's senses😐why is is to hard to comprehend or are you intentionally leaving the fact he affected her sense for a few moment?

I said that the premise is the same, sound stuff can affect kryptonians as well, despite ending of post crisis being able to know how to control her hearing senses, superman is a kryptonian that has a super shout
In new 52(supergirl) don't compare early new 52 and post crisis power stat or anything with them.

What's IRL?
real life
He didn't shout directly at her hear and should couldn't hear anything for few seconds lowball (10)
it is not needed to shout directly in the hear, it just need to be loud enough and the same thing happens to our ears
It's super shout which affected someone's senses😐why is is to hard to comprehend or are you intentionally leaving the fact he affected her sense for a few moment?
Obviously it affected her senses, because he literally shouted, I can do the same in real life, it wont make me have sense manip due it
In new 52(supergirl) don't compare early new 52 and post crisis power stat or anything with them.
...im not comparing them, I am saying that loud sounds still affect them, the same thing happens in real life

Standard physiology of Krytonians has been the same since the dawn of comics. While yes, their feats and powers differ from each era, the standard powers of Krytonians in main continuity hasn't changed.

Her super hearing is because of her physiology.

let's put it this way; say Superman fights a deaf person, can he affect their senses even more?

the standard powers of Krytonians in main continuity hasn't changed.
You will compare early new 52 superman/supergirl to our worlds at war superman and supergirl? Wtf is this
Her super hearing is because of her physiology.
Yes and not anyone has enough potency to make her hearing null for that amount of time.
let's put it this way; say Superman fights a deaf person, can he affect their senses even more?
Why would it? The person is already deaf same as someone trying to soul manipulate a soulless being.
I'm not a DC expert, but sensory overload is a thing that happens in both real life and doubly so in comics to those with Enhanced Senses. Clark's shout just made her ears ring.

It's how ears work.
Yes but literally I can't shout and make you not able to hear anything at all even if it's 5 seconds. Cause once I stop shouting your hearing will return.

It's like this superman super shouting affects supergirl's super hearing. Not anyone can just do this especially as when superman shouted she just came to that vicinity and this didn't just shout directly at her ears.

Yes but literally I can't shout and make you not able to hear anything at all even if it's 5 seconds. Cause once I stop shouting your hearing will return.
thats not true, if u shout in someone ear, the same thing will happen, maybe shout is not even need, any kind of sound can do it actually if they are loud enough, and superman has Super Shout as a kryptonian

''A single loud blast or explosion that lasts for less than 1 second can cause permanent hearing loss right away. This noise, called impulse noise or impact noise, may come from gunfire or fireworks. We measure impulse noise in dB peak pressure, or dBP. Impulse noise greater than 140 dBP will hurt your hearing right away.''

''A single loud blast or explosion that lasts for less than 1 second can cause permanent hearing loss right away. This noise, called impulse noise or impact noise, may come from gunfire or fireworks. We measure impulse noise in dB peak pressure, or dBP. Impulse noise greater than 140 dBP will hurt your hearing right away.''
Everyone who lives or lived in a chaotic place know that this is true, like me

It's called a Sonic Scream.

Sounds in real life can cause our hearing to go out for a bit (i.e., ringing), like explosions or loud, metal banging; some sounds are powerful enough to actually render a person deaf. It's all a matter of how strong the sound is, and how much damage it does to the ears.

However, Sonic Screams are essentially these sounds, but amplified by a hundred times, and channeled through a shout. This isn't an example of Sense Manipulation; Clark damaged Kara's eardrums, and her ears ringed for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back