• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Activing the skill as in using it... Every other Unique Skill has been thought based, so I don't know why Hinata would be any different.

The analysis happens at the same time as the stealing, and if it's weaker she can steal it, if it's not she has a 50% chance. She specifically stole Ifrit because that was the only ability Rimuru could use in the holy magic barrier.

But the Quote above say otherwise, it activate the skill and need to choose the ability she want to steal/randomly steal the ability,

If it's the first one, Mami Mindhax, the latter, he randomly steal a skill (but not necessary Mindhax) but he is now Mind haxed.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Refer to what I just said, it covers everything you just reiterated.
But it what you refer, it didn't answer my questions, if he randomly steal an opponent's skill or he choose.

And judging by the quote above, that's literally make no sense to Show the opponent skill with analysis and at the same time steal the ability

But in both case she is already Mindhaxed so.

Actually Causality kind of makes sense about picking a skill to steal. Hinata's usurper is still thought based but Hinata has a tiny bit of delay because she has to choose

Then again that's just the fan translation though maybe the official will explain it further just like how Shuna's unique skill "control laws" which in the Fan translation it says that it can alter reality but in the official it can change laws which the latter makes more sense

I mean there's like so many skills Hinata can steal from Rimuru. Just like when Hinata said that she stole what she needed from Shizu before they depart from each other which also implied she has to choose what she needed to steal from Shizu

Yeah but there's not enough indication that she can steal passively after she activate usurper when they fought the first time. The official translation in volume 7 will maybe go into the more depth about Hinata's usurper and also mathematician which if they explained that very well, Rimuru's resistant to precog, fatehax etc. will maybe comeback.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Wait, she actually needs to move to use it, right?
Yes but It's like a speed amp though just like Ikki. I think the speed amp for that is not just x2, it should be more than that because Rimuru went from easily reading her attack to panicking that he can't dodge

I remember somewhere in Volume 7 that when she always wants to get the job done faster, she would use Melt Slash instantly to surprise her enemies

Found it

"This ultimate technique is only intended to be used against individuals that Hinata wishes to kill.

Yet it is quite concerning for Hinata to use it on Rimuru, who seems to be able to learn whatever skill he sees. But since there is no other way around, Hinata is forced to comply.

——It is for this reason that I'll have to settle the fight with this!

In order to have Rimuru admit his defeat, Hinata has to show him that he stands no chance against her."
Take note that Hinata doesnt want to kill Rimuru here

"Hinata, depleted with strength would be likely killed by them, and so will her subordinates, who are weaker than them, will be slaughtered,
She doesn't want such a situation to become real, so she has to keep Rimuru alive.

This skill is supposed to be her instant kill technique against opponents who aren't prepared upon realizing its activation.

It is the ultimate skill (figuratively) of the holy sword——Melt Slash74.
It is an original skill created by Hinata that combines both magic and swordsmanship.
Its power is tremendous. That is why normally there is no way that she can alter her strength output to avoid killing her opponents, and that's why Hinata has avoided using it before.

——Moreover, if I showed this to you, you might be able to learn it with ease. I don't like that either——"

Though vs action + speed amp is what I'm getting basically.

But since in order to do said action and get said speed amp, you need to think first, not to mention Holy Mami still has Florence's true light body being disconnected so even if the technique went thru, it wouldn't work.

Because Florence's (Doppel Witch of Mami) real body is the halo, Melt Slash would be hitting the wrong thing.

If the Melt Slash hits Mami instead of the rumor (her cape), it would also mean the rumor is still alive.

Ignoring the fact that mind manip would affect the enemy first, of course.

From what I see the msot important question is: what does Mami do with her mind hax?

If she just destroys the opponent's mind for example, there's nothing Hinata can do.

Mami just has to think whereas Hinata has to analyze Mami and then either steal her abilities or use Melt Slash. I've seen the argument that she automatically steals abilities if analysis is succesfull, but that was never how it was portrayed in the story.

Depending on what Mami does with her mind hax, I'm more inclined to vote for her.

I'm more inclined to vote Hinata. I don't see how her being an avatar prevents the underlying concept from being interacted with and destroyed on a conceptual level. Fake body and Intangibility should both be nullified by Non-Physical interaction.

I don't get it though. The reasons for Hinata winning is that she uses Melt Slash. But Mami would be able to mind hax her before she does that, so why is that a reason for her winning? If she uses that first it would only cement her loss.

Back