• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Bros: The Zeekeeper, Dream Stone, and Dark Stone.

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
Hello everyone. In this forum, I will discuss the possible rating for the Zeekeeper and the Dream and Dark Stone from the 3DS Mario game, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Before that, I would like to make a quick revision on how dreams are conceived in Mario since the main theme of the game is travelling across the dream world and real world:

Here, in pg.28 of MP5, Future Dream is a dream focused on the entire universe. When Misstar requested the player to save it she referred it to a single dream and even stated that it was an entire universe after saving it in 3:25. Futhermore, Eldstar mentions that they actually become real at 1:07. And thanks to games such as Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and SMB2, we know that multiple of them exists.

Now according to Dreambert, the Dream Stone is made of dreams while the Dark Stone is it's nightmare equivalent and just like the Dream Deport, it's confirmed that each individual dream is a separate world as well. However, unlike the Dream Depot, a definite amount of dreams was not given. And even if we were to assume it was form from the citizens of Pi'llo Island, the kingdom is clearly not as populated as the Mushroom Kingdom, especially when the island was initially uncharted with only Pi'llo roaming in it prior to the game. Because of all this, it's clearly not 2-B. But it valid enough to warrant the two stones a rating of 2-C.

With the Zeekeeper in mind, this also applies to him since, prior to the game, he fought and defeated Antasma, who wielded the dark stone, reality warped a dream world during the battle against Giant Luigi, and destroyed the barrier of Neo Bowser Castle which created and powered by the Dream Stone. If any of you familiar with the game are about to ask.......yes, this also applies to Dreamy Bowser since he inhaled the Dream Stone's fragments and gain it's powers. But this does not apply to the Mario Bros., of course. This is way beyond their usual caliber and thus should be considered an outlier.

Please share your thoughts about this since I plan to make profile on the Zeekeeper. Thank you.

Sounds fishy to me. Miyamoto would have an aneurysm at the thought of the Mario franchise having that kind of continuity.

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

Hmm I too agree that it seems reasonable.

Although are you sure the Mario Bros didn't get some power up that could have been the cause for the fight? If not, then I guess it is an outlier.

@SMBD

There were no power ups involved, only the fact that dreambert healed the Mario brothers before the fight.

Why is this an outlier but galaxy isn't?

Just curious. The scenarios seem the same.

We had culex, galaxy bowser, and now dreamy Bowser as ridiculously powerful opponents Mario or both of the bros have faced.

But whatever.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Why is this an outlier but galaxy isn't?

Just curious. The scenarios seem the same.

We had culex, galaxy bowser, and now dreamy Bowser as ridiculously powerful opponents Mario or both of the bros have faced.

But whatever.
It should be noted that Mario didn't gain power alone in Super Mario Galaxy. Remember that he was with Luma, that creature who can turn into galaxies.

@Kevyn The luma only grant Mario the ability to spin and nothing else beyond that. Mario didn't even utilize this attack in his battle with Bowser.

@Fox The Galaxy stat is a divider which is only limited to the SMG games.

Dino Ranger Black said:
@Kevyn The luma only grant Mario the ability to spin and nothing else beyond that. Mario didn't even utilize this attack in his battle with Bowser.

@Fox The Galaxy stat is a divider which is only limited to the SMG games.
Couldn't their be another? Something for Luigi atleast p, seeing how dreamy Luigi is a transformation after all.

Back