• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Beyblade!!! A giant evil turtle vs a crazy haircutted teen and his spinning toy of doom! Bowser vs Ryuga!

Wait how is Benkei>Kenta in season 1? I know by even beginning of Fury he is, but didn't Benkei do better towards Big Bang Bladers? Plus Benkei held is own alright against Kyoya while Reji prettu thoroughly beat Kenta

>Reiji

...and that was who I was forgetting here, weird. Yeah my bad.

Adding Reiji, Kenta and Benkei would be switched simply by Benkei doing fairly well against Kyoya, while Kenta could barely be a match for Reiji.

Bowser has lead with it once. Bowser's leading tactics change in almost every showing. In Super Mario Bros, he lead with hammers. In Super Mario Bros 3, he lead with Ground Pounds. In Super Mario World, he leads in his clown cruiser. In Paper Mario, he leads with Plot Manipulation and Sealing at the beginning of the game, toying around and Invulnerability/Fire combo with his second battle, Invulnerability/Lightning/Energy Projection/Fire in his final battle, in TTYD, he lead with just basic melee, in Sticker Star, he lead with trying to be sneaky, and then Reality Warping, and later in the game lead with Reality Warping and Summoning and Size Manipulation, in Colour Splash, he lead with Black Paint attacks, albeit, he was possessed, in Odyssey he lead with throwing his hat at the opponent, in SM64, he leads with Fire and Earthquakes, in Dream Team, he lead with Reality Warping(he was empowered by the Dream Stone, yes, but it's still a battle tactic), in Dance Dance Revolution he lead with Death Manipulation and Transmutation, and he also lead with Transmutation at the beginning of Super Mario Bros against the Toads, in the manga, he employs a new strategy in almost every fight(I know we don't really use the manga for him, but it's valid to the point I'm making, especially since the manga is based off of the games)...

The point I'm making is that Bowser can start with nearly any of his abilities, and Plot Manipulation and Sealing are not out of the range of possibilities to use. For this reason, I'm voting Bowser.

All of those abilities get countered by L-Drago's Passive empathic manipulation. Bowser won't even get the time to activate any of his abilities. Transmutation and Plot manipulation are his only two redeeming abilities. Because his lack of consistency, implying he will start with plot and Death manipulation among his other abilities will be a favorable assumption that one can not justify.

How is it even passive? His profile seems to imply it's something he can do and not something that automatically happens.

And the justification is that he has no set method of starting the battle, so it's not unreasonable to use any of his know methods of starting the battle that he's performed before. It's not out-of-character for him to start with Plot Manipulation and Sealing.

It's portrayed as passive. At first, Ryuga was unaware that L-Drago was doing it.

I realized it is not OoC but he also has started with other things like you have stated, which lowers the chances of him starting with sealing and Plot Manipulation. Ryuga wins this 8/10.

I... Really don't see how.

Anywho, my vote is staying where it is.

"L-Drago can absorb an opponents anger, greed, emotions and other evil feelings to convert them into power for itself; L-Drago's dark power can influence others to be drawn to its power and control them, such as Doji and Ryuga"

Mind me, but this doesn't sound passive to me.

Probably my own fault for not clarying that better on his page, but Blue is still right that it's passive.

The dark power from the very beginning has passively effected the victims around it to feed off their power and emotions to increase its own power. This was happening before L-Drago was even created.

And this of course applies to Meteo since it can now do the same things, that only the dark power itself could do before, on its own. With its own natural abilities.

Thing is, its range is kind of Unknown. Because the Dark Power was a force that made many kinds of humans drawn to its own power, controlling them. to grow stronger. This includes Ryuga and Doji to make them drawn to L-Drago and seek it out in the first place.

That said, the star fragment where the Dark Power originally came in was able to start drawing people toward it over hundreds of meters away in a flashback. And Dark Ryuga and L-Drago did clarify they wanted to make a "world out of darkness", so the range definitely doesn't exceed Planetary.

From the way others pointed out, Bowser starting out with Plot Manip seems to be an assumption since he's started out with a whole bunch of other stuff before as well.

Also, you seem to have forgotten part of my reply about the range. Because it can also be planetary (no more than that, but still).

I have already explained the stuff about Bowser's starting methods, and he doesn't have a set method of starting, and he has started with Plot Manipulation before.

And mind me, but can I see something implying that he passively mind haxxes on a Planetary range?

That doesnt mean he'd suddenly start with Plot Manipulation here though. Its like Blue said, its a favored assumption.

And that's where my "wanted to make a world of darkness" comment comes from. L-Drago never passively effected the planet, but Ryuga had the intention of doing that with L-Dragos dark power, which has passive mind conquering affects.

Basically, my reply specificed its not beyond planet, but its at best planet if nothing else as a highball since the range is of it is unknown. Its either we go off a super lowball or a highball.

Implying Bowser will start with anything he starts with is a favoured assumption. Will it be a fair assumption if I say that Bowser can start with Plot Manipulation, Sealing, and Transmutation, has done each of them at least once, can do them from four kilometers away, and would meet winning conditions? If that's more fair, then I'm going that with that reasoning.

And that doesn't sound like passive planetary range, that sounds like he can increase his range to that, if even that.

Neither do many characters such as Son Goku (Xeno). He started with sealing in three different games. Does that mean he will always start with it all of the time because of "lol inconsistent character portrayal"? No, because of the anti-feats against it.

No, Goku has done hundreds of fights and starts most of them in a pattern starting with hand-to-hand combat and slowly rising to his full power while allowing his opponent to reach theirs. The times he started with Sealing were because he had knowledge of the situation and prepared for it.

Bowser almost never starts fights the same way twice. I have already addressed this.

I think you're confusing the two Goku's. Xeno Goku is actually serious in fights and actually uses some degree of hax unlike canon Goku.

If he never starts the same way twice, why are we gonna assume he is going to 100% use his best hax? The burden of proof is on you to prove that he will not start with any other hax other than plot/transmutation/sealing.

You're entire argument hinges on him starting with them in this battle but yet have provided no evidence that he will not use anything else. This has already been discussed and has been decided that characters with varying or have no official "character" and if have a ton of variety, said variety of abilities is seen as a weakness.

Ryuga stomps, L-Drago has durability negation plus Low-Godly Regenerationn. Not to mention the fact that it can just steal power from Bowser. It can also destroy Bowser's soul.

Back